Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

itso 7

Herrera and Schneiderlin aren't lost causes yet though and Pogba isn't yet the world class player that his potential fee suggests that he ought to be. People's muppet fantasies mustn't override reason, he will be under unreal pressure to deliver considering that central midfielders aren't headline grabbers like forwards, playmakers and wingers to cost so much.
No player beside Ronaldo and Messi is worth anything close to that but considering the desperation of the club and the resources at our disposal it's easy to arrive at such a figure. If we weren't desperate we wouldn't even be in for him taking into account how he left. There is nothing strange about rich clubs pahing over the odds for players particularly when they are looking bust themselves out of a slump or grow their team in a short space of time - if it works no one talks of the fee (see Martial and Ronaldo) and if it doesn't it will be drowned out by the noise of other new signings, results on the pitch or another Rashford taking the country by storm.

Vaibhav Raj

My friend that's not proofs. That's opinion. We've seen nothing to suggest much of anything but after a long period out of the game, I don't think Jose is still thinking about who he wants. We have to be after someone. It's even more so a midfielder, when he makes a point about Rooney not being one. It could be someone else, but I'm not seeing why we'd be delaying anything.
I do not know what proof I can give you other than an opinion based on facts and past events. I will be as happy as any of you guys if this goes through but I just do not think it will happen. Lets hope I am wrong.

prath92

I don't mean to dampen the mood in here but it baffles me how people cannot separate a transfer that may actually happen from a transfer that is just being proposed by media to get more and more clicks on their articles.

When you see these reporters/agents/news outlets playing on both sides you know everyone is just talking out of their rear and trying to lure fans into a trap. Random bullshit about seeing a house in manchester, followed by more random bullshit about player's mother saying something to reporters and then player telling his friends about what he will do, Di Marzio saying agreement with Paul but Juve doesn't want to sell and Pogba wont ask to leave, Ballague saying huge offer tabled but Pogba wants Madrid and Raiola too talking in vague terms when, for Mkhitaryan, he was so darn clear that he will go to United. Everyone is writing but at the same time making sure people do not point at them when transfer doesn't really happen by putting in these terms and conditions. So basically no one knows anything and are just trying to be in news by dishing out these stories. It is all so similar to Ronaldo, Ramos, Thiago sagas etc and I have no clue why only a few can see this.
he was also equally vague about zlatan. these comments show nothing frankly. It could also very well be agent's ploy to play down interest after request from our end.

Not only Di Marzio, but L'equipe, probably one of the most reliable French media, reported that Pogba has been discussing the United move. And Ramos transfer was very real. We just didnt meet Real's obscene valuation, which we seem to do for Pogba

Sigma

For people who care about these sort of things:

Valencia followed Pogba on Instagram apparantly

togg

it annoys me so much, because it's the basis of his entire argument :rolleyes:. "if conte wanted him they could have had him, Chelsea are in the champions league, United are not"

Jesus does that boil my blood
It's quite funny I think. I mean they probably realised after they finished recording and all went...'oh shite...' but you couldn't re-take everything since costs too much, take too much time.

dove

No player beside Ronaldo and Messi is worth anything close to that but considering the desperation of the club and the resources at our disposal it's easy to arrive at such a figure. If we weren't desperate we wouldn't even be in for him taking into account how he left. There is nothing strange about rich clubs pahing over the odds for players particularly when they are looking bust themselves out of a slump or grow their team in a short space of time - if it works no one talks of the fee (see Martial and Ronaldo) and if it doesn't it will be drowned out by the noise of other new signings, results on the pitch or another Rashford taking the country by storm.
What's wrong with the way he left? He didn't extend his contract because other club offered him better conditions. So what? He was one of the most promising players in our academy but even though all midfielders were injured, we decided to play Rafael in midfield, bring back Scholes from retirement. I can imagine he wasn't very happy about it and rightfully so.

Skywarden

Balague: "He is going to Manchester United."
*Ballague looks at Petit after finishing talking about Pogba tactically*

Petit: ....For 100m (notice that he has mentioned this now a few times) I think I would buy Suarez from Barcelona *completely disregards the utter insanity he has just said and does a Dr.Evil gesture*

Presenter: U wot m8?
Oh and apparently Chelsea are in the Champions League. Absolute circus.

ChaddyP

What's wrong with the way he left? He didn't extend his contract because other club offered him better conditions. So what? He was one of the most promising players in our academy but even though all midfielders were injured, we decided to play Rafael in midfield, bring back Scholes from retirement. I can imagine he wasn't very happy about it and rightfully so.
I for one couldn't blame him for Leaving at the time. we were all pissed at fergie during that match, especially because we bloody lost. We also at the time laughed at his going to Juve for game time because back then they had pirlo, marchiso and vidal and figured he had a snow balls chance in hell yo break through to that midfield

stevoc

other worrying part is they all seemingly agree with his sentiment and logic and clearly also don't know Chelsea aren't even in League cup 3rd Round yet, muchless Champions league
:lol: Yeah fair point, it does highlight that we really shouldn't be looking to these people for an insight into what is happening with the Pogba deal then.

Gerald G

We're like a clingy ex-girlfriend that won't let go... Let's move on now! It seems to me that he doesn't really want to come back. Let's focus on other midfielders.

Fingeredmouse

We're like a clingy ex-girlfriend that won't let go... Let's move on now! It seems to me that he doesn't really want to come back. Let's focus on other midfielders.
If you have a clingy ex girlfriend offering you £300k a week to go back to her, do so you damned fool. Especially if she's in the top 10 most attractive girlfriends around. #analogytortured

C'est Moi Cantona

Kroos, Kante, Modric, Rodriquez, Matuidi, Barkley, Alli, Koke, Niguez, Isco, Carvalho, Gotze, Alcantara, Rakitic, Neves, Calhanogulu, etc.

Yes all not ideal, but I would argue that all could be bought for less than Pogba, most for much less, and I would also argue that many are better, the Pogba tunnel vision is just a bit daft imo.

itso 7

You clearly misunderstood what I meant, I'm not saying he was at fault for seeking out greener pastures but its a big climb down for the club to make him a target after we let him go for free, if we weren't in desperate need of a big signing he'd be the last player we look at.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Their needs is different to our need. The value of a player is different depending on your needs and who is in your squad. I hope that helps.
You could be right but they don't really have a midfielder with physical attributes like Pogba though do they? hey went away and bought James Rodriguez which they didnt need at the time ?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There's no doubting this "he might stay" business is to stop United low balling now Real Madrid have declared themselves out of the running.

If Raiola's fee is a percentage of the transfer fee as is being reported, he wants that fee to stay high.

dutchred

Pogba has shown in this tournament that he cannot dominate a team. He has moments. For less than half the price we can do better

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't want him anymore. Lets look at a new shiny toy.

Fingeredmouse

Pogba has shown in this tournament that he cannot dominate a team. He has moments. For less than half the price we can do better
I'm not sure we want him to dominate, but provide the moments that change games, especially in transition of play. He's, at least now, a brilliant moments player rather than a dominator. Personally I welcome those kinds of players.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Kroos, Kante, Modric, Rodriquez, Matuidi, Barkley, Alli, Koke, Niguez, Isco, Carvalho, Gotze, Alcantara, Rakitic, Neves, Calhanogulu, etc.

Yes all not ideal, but I would argue that all could be bought for less than Pogba, most for much less, and I would also argue that many are better, the Pogba tunnel vision is just a bit daft imo.
And so the circle of who was spun again. And the caf did ponder the circle of who. And the caf did deem non to be worthy (or realistically transferable). And the circle did slow. And then, lo! The circle was spun again. And the caf did ponder the circle of who. And the caf did deem non to be worthy...

prath92

Some of those players have no reason to be bought by a big club. I would argue it will take a similar amount of money to bring the likes of Alli here

ThanksBoss26

Bloody hell, it looked like it was going too well.

Only time will tell if this is the somewhat inevitable posturing from Riaola, Juventus, etc

But I hope to God we don't let it drag. A quick answer needed. I'd very much like him here but if not, move on. I'm sure Mourinho won't leave it long.

C'est Moi Cantona

And so the circle of who was spun again. And the caf did ponder the circle of who. And the caf did deem non to be worthy (or realistically transferable). And the circle did slow. And then, lo! The circle was spun again. And the caf did ponder the circle of who. And the caf did deem non to be worthy...
I know you're just trying to be clever/witty but Pogba is not worth £100 m end of, and non of the players I listed are either, A real game changer and goal scorer maybe is, but we are not in the market for one of those.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If we're gonna spend £100m we should use £96.25m of it to build a time machine and the other £3.75m to sign Roy Keane aged 22.

C'est Moi Cantona

Some of those players have no reason to be bought by a big club. I would argue it will take a similar amount of money to bring the likes of Alli here
No far enough, but maybe Niguez, Alli, Kroos, Koke, Neves, and Alcantara do, and for me we could buy them cheaper than Pogba, and most could well be better.

Ban

Only time will tell if this is the somewhat inevitable posturing from Riaola, Juventus, etc

But I hope to God we don't let it drag. A quick answer needed. I'd very much like him here but if not, move on. I'm sure Mourinho won't leave it long.
Yeah, Jose doesn't strike me as someone who would dilly dally and pray to God that it happens. If he sees he's off he'll quickly move along.

Revan

Assumptionman

No one on this list bar Modric is better than Pogba. But Modric is 7 years older.

Koke is around the same level as Pogba, and would cost a giant sum of money, while he also has no desire to leave Atletico. Kroos is completely unattainable.

Kante, Rodriguez, Matuidi, Alli, Niguez, Isco, Carvaljo and Alcantara aren't in Pogba's level, and Barkley/Gotze aren't nowhere near that level.

kenny19

:lol::lol:

surely Juventuz have stopped reading this thread by now
Are you mad?

Juve, a small club?
Just a wee club in the north of Italy.
Only 32 league titles, such a small club.
What the feck? :lol:
Erm...white text? Sarcasm? Not sure.
Are you aware of Juve's history and their current standing? When Fergie was fighting for his first CL title, the best team in the World, at the time was .... Juventus, always making the SF stages of the CL.

At present, we have more money and greater marketing power (lots of sponsors).
On the pitch, we are a 5th place, EL team - this is a fact.
On the pitch, Juve are where we hope to be (which was exactly the case in 1998)...fingers crossed.
Jesus Christ at all these replies. Can't I have a little fun wuming?:lol::lol::lol:

Tiber

What has changed?

Red Bug

Is Football_Mercado reliable? They have 325k followers.

They just Tweeted:

El Manchester United ofrece 123 millones de euros por el mediocampista francés de la Juventus, Paul Pogba.