Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Did some not rate him back then? I saw him play for us in the flesh a few times and was always impressed, he's world class now.
I have always rated him, but feck me I feel he's massively overrated atm. I am honestly not saying what I'm saying because I know we won't get him. Saying that, I can't wait to see him in the Euros though, and hope he achieves what everyone bangs on about him. The boy clearly has talent in abundance, that much I can't deny.

TrueRed79

Pogba is an unorthodox type of player. He is sort of an 8 or 10 hybrid. Adnan, who would rather see us sign Gomes over him clearly hasn't watched enough of Pogba or Gomes. To actually think Gomes is a better prospect than Pogba, to me is crazy. Gomes literally disappears in games. Was rubbish this season, literally rubbish. Has done nothing of note other than have a good 6 months after first signing for Valencia. I'll admit, he does look very graceful with the ball at his feet, and can step/shoot off either foot and has potential, but Pogba's ceiling is infinitely more high than Gomes. If you were given the option of signing either, no qualms, and forget Pogba ever played for us. Would you honestly choose Gomes over Pogba? I'd think not.

Reactions: Summit

podurban2

Did some not rate him back then? I saw him play for us in the flesh a few times and was always impressed, he's world class now.
I remember the outrage on here when Rafael was put in midfield infront of Pogba. His immense talent and lack of play time was not a secret on here. First time I was really upset with Fergie.

Devil may care

Yea I get that, but once the move is secured his job is done and he just goes to swim in his Scrooge McDuckian money pool until it's time to negotiate the next deal or a transfer.

The degree if control he has between those events would be the same at Madrid or United - none.
The difference is that if he placed Pogba here for a huge fee he'd get that cut and then in say 4 or 5 years he could get a second huge payday on the next sale, and it's a lot easier getting players out of us than Real Madrid as we tend not to stand in the way of anyone that doesn't want to be here, where as we have seen with Madrid they discard players when they want to and like James right now, it's tough luck if you want out but they want to use you for marketing regardless of the effect it may have on your career spending most weeks as a bit part player.

Flytan

Want him more than any other midfielder in the world. People say he "left us", I look at it as we failed him by not giving him opportunities. He got a nice pay raise by leaving but it was ultimately playing time he wanted. I don't see why he'd want to come back when our legendary manager played Rafael in midfield over playing him and had Scholes unretire. If by some small margin he wouldn't be against playing here, it would not be a mistake to pay money for him. Who cares if we look bad for spending money on a player we originally had? He strikes me as a Madrid or City player though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Doesn't play the same position as Pogba?
I agree with that but people seem to disagree with the idea of Pogba being a #10, so if people see Pogba as a CM than Verratti is better.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I have always rated him, but feck me I feel he's massively overrated atm. I am honestly not saying what I'm saying because I know we won't get him. Saying that, I can't wait to see him in the Euros though, and hope he achieves what everyone bangs on about him. The boy clearly has talent in abundance, that much I can't deny.
I kind of feel the fact we lost him for nothing advanced his ability in many people's eyes, be they anti-United or United hypochondriac, which there is a lot of.

He really has blossomed into a top quality midfielder now, as many suspected he would. Is he the best in the world in his position? No. But he's easily top ten, if not higher.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought we'd all just agree that it would be amazing and that it probably won't happen and that we'd be muppets about this. I mean, fair enough if we try and he says no thanks, I'm off to win the CL with x,y,z, then we can come out in bitterness and say "he wasn't that great anyway" "overrated" "goes missing" "not what we need" and all that crazy stuff.

Would someone think Neymar would be "not what we need" ? Makes me laugh

KiD MoYeS

I remember the outrage on here when Rafael was put in midfield infront of Pogba. His immense talent and lack of play time was not a secret on here. First time I was really upset with Fergie.
I remember a game he came on in when it looked likely he was leaving us and the fans started to boo him... Probably didn't help.

Summit

I kind of feel the fact we lost him for nothing advanced his ability in many people's eyes, be they anti-United or United hypochondriac, which there is a lot of.

He really has blossomed into a top quality midfielder now, as many suspected he would. Is he the best in the world in his position? No. But he's easily top ten, if not higher.
Yeah I suppose. But that was Pogba's decision to feck us off. We agreed a deal with his agent, and ultimately it was then left to him, who chose to feck off.

KiD MoYeS

Yeah I suppose. But that was Pogba's decision to feck us off. We agreed a deal with his agent, and ultimately it was then left to him, who chose to feck off.
Oh absolutely, but after the past three seasons we've had I honestly couldn't care.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The difference is that if he placed Pogba here for a huge fee he'd get that cut and then in say 4 or 5 years he could get a second huge payday on the next sale, and it's a lot easier getting players out of us than Real Madrid as we tend not to stand in the way of anyone that doesn't want to be here, where as we have seen with Madrid they discard players when they want to and like James right now, it's tough luck if you want out but they want to use you for marketing regardless of the effect it may have on your career spending most weeks as a bit part player.
The same is true of either club. If he wants to spend 4-5 years somewhere then engineer another move he can do so regardless of where he goes now.

Borden

That started the second he left us. All of a sudden he was the second coming of Jesus.

And yes, he has developed very well since then, and it's difficult to argue he didn't make the right choice for his career at the time.

Devil may care

The same is true of either club. If he wants to spend 4-5 years somewhere then engineer another move he can do so regardless of where he goes now.
Don't Real usually sign their players up much earlier into their contracts to avoid that situation? We have the policy of waiting right to the last year for some reason.

Martial'sgaze

They are really different kind of players and even at that I still feel pogba is better.Verrati is way overrated here,personally feel Gundogan at his best is better;
Verratti is a controlling midfielder to which pogba can do to some extent but Verratti will only dream of doing what pogba does in most games.Pogba is someone that will develop into a player that decide games through a moment of brilliance.
They are really different players but Pogba is more valuable really.

sammyvine

People preferring Andre fecking Gomes over Pogba.
This
My mind can't take it lol.

People just love to hate on certain players. Reminds me of the days people used to say Walcott and Nani were better than Bale on here:lol:

Moonred

I agree with that but people seem to disagree with the idea of Pogba being a #10, so if people see Pogba as a CM than Verratti is better.
I really think it's about the setup of your team. Verrati is immense, suits a possession based team better, has incredible passing range and vision and will ping balls endlessly without fail. Has great defensive quality as well. Pogba is more direct box to box,a mix of everything, short passing, long passing, bigger goal scoring threat etc. to think about it, how would a midfield of Verrati and Pogba be? :drool:

NinjaFletch

Yep, in fairness there was a mixture of boos and the "Fergie, sign him up!" chant.
The narrative at the time was that whilst talented he'd let his ego get to him and he was swapping our academy for theirs and a pay cheque. No one expected him to be so good he'd walk into Juve's first team and anger would have been directed at Fergie for not playing him if people had realised.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I really think it's about the setup of your team. Verrati is immense, suits a possession based team better, has incredible passing range and vision and will ping balls endlessly without fail. Has great defensive quality as well. Pogba is more direct box to box,a mix of everything, short passing, long passing, bigger goal scoring threat etc. to think about it, how would a midfield of Verrati and Pogba be? :drool:
Defensively light.

Devil may care

They can only do that if the player wants it.
Well most like that extra 20K I guess, but it's Real Madrid so who turns them down? It's probably irrelevant anyway as he'll go there, I was just saying I think he'd find us to them easier than the other way around.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The narrative at the time was that whilst talented he'd let his ego get to him and he was swapping our academy for theirs and a pay cheque. No one expected him to be so good he'd walk into Juve's first team and anger would have been directed at Fergie for not playing him if people had realised.
Are you sure?
I remember that few people were surprised when he walked into the Juve 1st team. I think a lot of the anger came about because most people could see what we were losing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With Rabiot if he continues to develop, you could have one of the best midfield ever. And none of them have a problem with defending.

NinjaFletch

Are you sure?
I remember that few people were surprised when he walked into the Juve 1st team. I think a lot of the anger came about because most people could see what we were losing.
Yeah. People knew he was good, I don't think anyone thought he was already that good. Certainly the majority of fans didn't.

podurban2

From what I remember most people thought he would get into their first team rather quickly, but that he would do so here as well so people were upset and thought he was going for a pay check. He was the most highly rated youngster we had since Martial and Rashford, and people were begging to see him play more under SAF.

PitchFork

Supports
Sao Paulo FC
Pogba not worth 70m :lol:

Have you been living under a rock for the past 5 years? It's not 2012 anymore. The best players usually go for that amount now. Sterling 50m, Stones rumoured 50m. Shaw 30m. If those guys are worth that then Pogba is easily worth 70m. Maybe even more.

He's the best young player in the world for me. Only next to Neymar. The fact that he's got "United blood" in him makes the signing even more logical. He's exactly what we need. A big powerhouse in the middle who can go box to box and bang long shots in. Plus he'll have that sexy French chemistry with Schneiderlin :cool::D
People preferring Andre fecking Gomes over Pogba.
Well said, both posts. Would like to add that the way Pogba was ostracised is suggestive of how highly regarded he was by Fergie. I think SAF was gutted to have to do what he did but he stuck by his principles. Let's leave the past where it belongs; Pogba is an immense talent and would improve any team.

mu4c_20le

Are you sure?
I remember most people were tipping him to fail, and calling him rash for turning down the chance to develop under SAF. Then he gradually silenced everyone.

Summit

Well said, both posts. Would like to add that the way Pogba was ostracised by Fergid
he agreed a contract with his agent, but it was only after he got wind that he signed for Juve he did that.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Watched him in the youth every week and he didn't look ready, based soley on what he gave in the reserves, he had a long, languid style that made him look very lazy, would turn up for a few minutes here that made you take note of his talent there but the majority of a game would pass him by.

I think people on here, who actually watched our youth were aware he would turn into a good player as a pro but I don't think many realised he would go on to be a superstar at Juve so quickly.
I personally wouldn't spend 80mill on him, you could buy half a new team for that.. but thats just me.

Ephrem

Pogba has so many different skills in his game. Target man, dribbler, creator etc simply a fantastic complete midfielder.

Real Madrid will be his first choice, hopefully they decide against it and we can swoop in to get him.
Should we try Verrati as an alternative . I just love verrati more than pogba and I feels both will cost almost the same

Summit

ottosec

Got it.

@ottosec is that who you're comparing him to?
Yes, Verratti si a vastly superior central midfielder.

The thing with Pogba is that he has great physical and technical qualities, but he can't make them work together because he doesn't have the brain to control games or the drive to dominate physically.