Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Devil may care

Realistically we would be looking at £75 mill to sign him. Is he really that much better than Gomes? A player that most likely will stay with us, and not start staging "I have always dreamt of Real Madrid" stories in the media with his agent in two years time?

I dont know what Gomes will cost us, but say half of what Pogba will cost, and about half in wages.
How do you know Gomes wouldn't do that? Most Iberian players want to play for the top 2 Spanish sides. The only reason it wouldn't happen is that he's unlikely to ever be good enough for them to want him.

Rivelino

I hope we sign Andre Gomes instead of Pogba. He wasn't even great in our youth teams. I wouldn't be surprised if he dissapoints again at Euro 16 like he did in the Worldcup a few years back.
Don't be silly

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You said you'd rather we got Gomes who is essentially the same player only not as good.
I prefer Gomes because from what I've seen of him, he's technically better in tight spaces is very two footed and has better acceleration.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This type of player though we have been missing since Ronaldo left, he also IMO will get to the stage where his general play influences games too
I would love to see us sign Pogba but people are overrating him and some people don't even know the player, they just fantasize a player.

caid

Pogba is a lot of things, and not a lot of things. It's difficult to objectively measure a player's quality, but a lot of people seem to attribute qualities to Pogba that he doesn't have.
What is he exactly?
He looks like a well rounded #10 or maybe an 8 at bit of a stretch but then you hear last season that he was van gaal's dream signing for #6 or other managers call him the best cm in the world you just ...
What is he though, seriously? Where do people see him playing for us?

He looks a good dribbler but is he within a million miles of a modric type player? Can he control a game in the middle like scholes or alonso?
Does he actually track back consistently and know how to defend? Or is he more of a toure - a good attacking player but thats about it?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
How do you know Gomes wouldn't do that? Most Iberian players want to play for the top 2 Spanish sides. The only reason it wouldn't happen is that he's unlikely to ever be good enough for them to want him.
True, currently I am just basing this on Gomes not being the hottest hype around like Pogba currently is. I reckon we would get a few more years service out of Gomes though, since Pogba and his agent probably would start making noise two years into a four year contract.

Devil may care

I prefer Gomes because from what I've seen of him, he's technically better in tight spaces is very two footed and has better acceleration.
He is very two footed but I'm not sure he's better than Pogba in the other 2 areas. The thing I look at is that this squad is full of dodgers, very few want to step up and take games on, Pogba does this where as for Valencia last season Gomes was often invisible.

Yea seems about right.

You should look at becoming an agent.
I'm not sure Raiola would want him at Real as he'll find it harder to get his oar in there.

Devil may care

True, currently I am just basing this on Gomes not being the hottest hype around like Pogba currently is. I reckon we would get a few more years service out of Gomes though, since Pogba and his agent probably would start making noise two years into a four year contract.
Perhaps but we'd still get a world record fee out of Real if it happened so we'd not lose out overall, and if we do well who knows if Pogba will want to uproot again, especially if Barca are still handing Real their asses in La Liga.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Putting the Madrid thing to the side.

Yes, Pogba is massively overrated. We shouldn't go for him. We've got Rooney who has a Scholes-like passing range and he's great for the team morale. Also, we'd look like fools to buy a world class player who rejected us in the past.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Do people consider Pogba world class?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
What is he exactly?
He looks like a well rounded #10 or maybe an 8 at bit of a stretch but then you hear last season that he was van gaal's dream signing for #6 or other managers call him the best cm in the world you just ...
What is he though, seriously? Where do people see him playing for us?

He looks a good dribbler but is he within a million miles of a modric type player? Can he control a game in the middle like scholes or alonso?
Does he actually track back consistently and know how to defend? Or is he more of a toure - a good attacking player but thats about it?
From what I've seen he's a bit like Alli with less graft and more quality. Shouldn't rely on him to be your main playmaker or creative threat, but at the same time you shouldn't burden him defensively. He makes a game-changing final third impact from midfield.

Offensive #8, that kind of works at #10 or more naturally as the furthest forward #8, like Herrera and Fellaini.

Devil may care

He doesn't need to get his oar in, he gets paid based on wages and transfer fee.
Guys like him always like to have a degree of control and at Pogba's age he could get as much money out of us as Real and then flog him on again and get another enormous transfer fee cut.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would love him back but I don't see it happening. Also he'll probably leave the club he joins next after a few years, I can see Pogba moving a lot.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Pogba has so many different skills in his game. Target man, dribbler, creator etc simply a fantastic complete midfielder.

Real Madrid will be his first choice, hopefully they decide against it and we can swoop in to get him.

Nicklas

Probably already been posted, but here it goes!

http://uk.complex.com/sports/2016/06/inteview-paul-pogba

How do you look back on your time in Manchester?

I really miss Manchester because it’s where I made the most of my teenage years and I had lots of friends there. It’s a different culture, I found they’re more open than French people. I was in digs with a family and they treated me like their son.

Was it a challenge to move to a different country at such a young age with a family that you don’t even know?
I was ready in my head. I was focussed and knew I wanted to be in Manchester, to go there at a young age was fine. I wanted to play football, I knew that’s what I wanted in my life and I was ready to make any sacrifice to do it.

How much do you think you matured in Manchester, on and off the pitch?
Not being with my family meant I had to grow up, I had to learn how to do everything on my own. I was also training with the first team – senior players – which I’d never done before and I always wanted to listen to them.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The last page in this thread is people dismissing Pogba because deep down they know we won't get him. :lol:

ravi2

Putting the Madrid thing to the side.

Yes, Pogba is massively overrated. We shouldn't go for him. We've got Rooney who has a Scholes-like passing range and he's great for the team morale. Also, we'd look like fools to buy a world class player who rejected us in the past.
If you are being serious then this is a terrible post.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was thinking that until the last sentence which made me unsure. Plenty of people actually think that, bizarrely.
That's what I find funniest about the whole thing. Some kind of sentimental pride. Jesus. The guy is the best young midfielder around. Sure, Real are probably a much tastier prospect for him but they'll need to want him first. If we can get him, then I don't care about anything else than our midfield will have a world class player again. And I wouldn't care how much he'd cost and I'd rather him then a decent option on the right, if we had to choose, which we do not cause we're loaded.

Summit

The last page in this thread is people dismissing Pogba because deep down they know we won't get him. :lol:
Do you want me to quote you some people from 2012 when we had him?

Borden

Do people consider Pogba world class?
Define "world class".

Named to 2015 UEFA Team of the Year and 2015 FIFA FIFPro World XI in January. If not "world class" I'd say he's pretty damn close. And he's about to enter his peak years.

I do understand the reluctance to spending loads of money buying a player who left us for free though. Something doesn't quite feel right about that.

Cathy Ferguson

Realistically we would be looking at £75 mill to sign him. Is he really that much better than Gomes? A player that most likely will stay with us, and not start staging "I have always dreamt of Real Madrid" stories in the media with his agent in two years time?

I dont know what Gomes will cost us, but say half of what Pogba will cost, and about half in wages.
I would love to see us sign Pogba but people are overrating him and some people don't even know the player, they just fantasize a player.
Agreed. I wouldn't pay ridiculous amounts of money on Pogba. He's a great talent but not a finished article. He can be sloppy in possession.

Devil may care

Control over what?
The career of their clients, look how mouthy the guy is, he'd had Lukaku 5 minutes and started running down Everton saying he'd have never let him go there, he's probably the most powerful agent after Mendes.

Summit

Define "world class".

Named to 2015 UEFA Team of the Year and 2015 FIFA FIFPro World XI in January. If not "world class" I'd say he's pretty damn close. And he's about to enter his peak years.

I do understand the reluctance to spending loads of money buying a player who left us for free though. Something doesn't quite feel right about that.
It's a tough one world class, because everyone has different opinions on it I suppose. Me asking if anyone thought he was world class was probably a tad unfair because of what I just mentioned. We could both say what we think is world class, but without a doubt it would be miles apart.

Terminator

Going to be a long summer.

Hopefully Madrid come in fast and end this thing saving us the heartbreak. Seems inevitable he will end up at Madrid/Barca.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
His agent has been busy. Looks clear he's after a move this summer. I'd love to see him back at United and anyone saying otherwise is mad. That said, I won't be holding my breath.