Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

starman

To understand what Pogba will bring to United, you only have to watch his touches in any random game. Take his game against a top class Bayern in March. He was head and shoulders above the Bayern midfield and Vidal and co couldn't keep up with him. Here's all his touches in that game, AWAY against Bayern at 23 years old. -

The guy is super fecking special.

Mostly of it is him just chest controlling a long ball or fouling someone.

I raise you...;)

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Sorry to be that guy, but how can United get a meeting today when Ed Woodward is on an 11 hour flight to China?
Did you see ed on the plane? Anyways Raiola will act on our part. That is how we deal now.Just like for Henrikh and mata.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Raiola has obviously arranged this meeting with Juve to hand in his transfer request.

VanGaalEra

I'm only confident this is going to happen because we've got Raiola on our side (I think and hope).

When he wants a transfer to happen, it will happen.

RooneyLegend

I don't care enough about this to argue this out much further, but you're taking that post slightly out of context. I orginally responded to a poster saying It's extrememly difficult to prize top teams players away, I said Juventus have far more of a history of selling important players in their prime years more-so than the likes of Barca and Real. I mean Real in particular, I can't remember... ever selling one of their superstars that they've wanted to keep.
Not to make Juventus out to have the mentality of a Southampton, but they have more a history of being ready to part with top players if the price is right than some other "top" teams, I think they will sell Pogba too this summer... lets wait and see.
I don't care enough about this to argue this out much further, but you're taking that post slightly out of context. I orginally responded to a poster saying It's extrememly difficult to prize top teams players away, I said Juventus have far more of a history of selling important players in their prime years more-so than the likes of Barca and Real. I mean Real in particular, I can't remember... ever selling one of their superstars that they've wanted to keep.
Not to make Juventus out to have the mentality of a Southampton, but they have more a history of being ready to part with top players if the price is right than some other "top" teams, I think they will sell Pogba too this summer... lets wait and see.
The point is just like us, they let go of Zidane in the same circumstances we let go of Ronaldo. Just like us, their other star players have left cause they didn't want them anymore. You cite Baggio, they let him go cause Lippi didn't want him as he felt Del Piero was ready to take over. It wasn't a big transfer debacle as he'd had a moderate season after suffering the effects of the pen miss. Then you have Vieri there who they just didn't fancy, he went for a moderate sum. They sold Inzaghi as they had both Trezeguet and him, sided with the frenchman instead. The mid 00's exodus was cause of the scandal.

They like us have sold most of their big name players in their prime cause they didn't want them and in those situations felt they had better. They've had their fair share of untouchables.

Barca(Ronaldo, Figo, Rivaldo, Romario). The former 2 they wanted to keep, couldn't, and the latter two they just pretty much let go. As for Madrid, they don't get bullied into a sale(they do the bullying) and they're pretty much the only club that hasn't been put into that situation.

Juve has probably sold only 2 players in the past 2 decades that they wanted to keep. Everyone else they sold cause they wanted too. You make it sound like that's not the case, while that actually is the case.

Man-United

What would another club have to pay for Pogba if we were not interested? Because it's often we have to pay over the odds for players. I guess £70M?

VanGaalEra

Sorry to be that guy, but how can United get a meeting today when Ed Woodward is on an 11 hour flight to China?
Raiola will pretty much be acting on our behalf, all the details have probably been discussed with Ed. It's not completely necessary that he is there at this stage.

RooneyLegend

I'd love to know how these meetings go. I mean, if United know Juventus want more than €104m, why meet in the first place? One of those times it'd be good to be a fly on the wall to see what actually happens.
Probably to discuss how they can factor in bonuses that'll push the price up.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Ed took a 24 hour flight for urgent transfer business once, so I'm sure he can make the decision not to get on one if a transfer needed his time here.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Juve are such a small time club.

You got the player for free, now the club that developed the player wants him back and is willing to give you 100 million for him, why are they being such tight arses over another 10 million. You are getting a deal of the century stop being so greedy

They got him for free. They are the ones who developed the player not us, and now the club who let him go want him back. They are entitled the hold out for as much as they want. For them they have basically took a young player, turned him into a top class one, and are giving him back to where he came from - if United are willing to pay an extra 10 million they are entitled to haggle over it. He is a very important player for them not just some youth player who has bagged a few and is now sought after. The reason they want more money is because they AREN'T small time. They aren't just a stepping stone club who will just let him leave at the first good offer. He isn't playing for Ajax or Southampton.

TheLoveless

------------------De Gea----------------
-
Darmian---Smalling--_Bailly---Shaw
-
------Schneiderlin------Herrera-----------
-
Mkhitaryan-------Pogba--------Martial
-
-------------------Zlatan---------------------

Subs: Rashford, Jones, Valencia, Memphis, Romero, Rooney, TFM

What a team ladies and gents. Signing Pogba could be the final push that allows Rooney to be benched. Midfield is well balanced with Schneiderlin, Herrera and Pogba as the most attacking. The only (realistic) improvement I can see as another quality midfielder to replace Herrera; Matuidi perhaps.
You probably need to strip Rooney of captaincy then. Which is kind of certain to result in a leave.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Raiola brokering offer from United to Juve. Can he not just send a text? '100mil for Pogba, yay or nay? Ed's minted' At that money what the hell is there to actually talk about?
It's almost hard to believe you're not a hot shot CEO, man.

cyberman

So it was always going to happen in time for Friday?
Submit an offer oj Tuesday, Juve rejects it to look as if they are putting up a fight and we will submit a slightly higher bid that will be accepted on Thursday so Pogba will fly in directly.to Manchester when he returns from his holiday on Friday.

AndyJ1985

You don't think it's pathetic for him to get that much after tax?
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Yeah £200k a week is a lot of money, but so is earning £50k a week. Premier league footballers are millionaires, some just have a few more million than others. Does it really matter?

VanGaalEra

GDS who ran a quote from Mino today are saying he's in Manchester. I'd be inclined to believe them considering they spoke to him today.

Xign

Why is this news not being reported on SSN? I mean I know this is from reliable sources, but Sky don't need much of a reason to break out the BREAKING NEWS banner.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why is this news not being reported on SSN? I mean I know this is from reliable sources, but Sky don't need much of a reason to break out the BREAKING NEWS banner.
They're never in the loop.

RooneyLegend

Considering Raiola is the go-between, couldn't one assume Pogba has had some say on this? Would you really let your agent open bids for a move if you have zero intention of moving?
All parties are interested in making this move happen. Raiola can already see the funds coming his way, Juve are obviously going to give this the go ahead since we're paying about double his worth. We want him back and he's going back to where he belongs.

VanGaalEra

Give it a few hours from when the news story broke from Di Marzio for them to run it.

Always seems to be the case.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They lost their internet connection, once they get back on twitter they'll "break the news" from their "sources".

GJNJ

This is my first saga, is it normal to have 'a meeting to make a bid' so widley publicised?

Normally do these things not just happen under the radar? Just feels a little staged.