Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

bonsaiboy

They want us to throw as much money on this deal as that will leave us little money on other deals
Which is a bit silly really. It's clear to everyone that the only limit on our transfer budget is what we're prepared to spend, not what we have available to spend. Madrid are loaded with debt (partly due the "gotta catch 'em all" attitude they have to top players) and are at the point where they simply can't keep on compounding that debt.

If we don't end up signing him it won't be because he preferred to go elsewhere, it'll be because we simply weren't willing to pay the asking price.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This is what I think

Real Madrid are interested in Pogba and he would rather join them then us. However for the deal to happen they need loads of money, something they currently do not have. They tried to sell James and Morata but no one is willing to spend 70m on the former and Morata's sale wont cover the costs.

Juventus are being Juventus. They are trying to pinch every penny out of the deal and that include binning Mino's monstrous fee on us. However they will have to sell a- because its crazy not to sell Pogba for 120m. Secondly because they just bought Higuian for crazy money

Manchester United are closing on the deal but they don't want to pay Mino's monstrous fee by themselves. Mino won't allow the deal to happen unless he's paid.

If Real find the money he's off in signing with them. That's a big IF. Having said that the more time passes, the more time we're giving Real to work a way back to the deal
FFS Devilish don't think so much, use your logic and stay calm. You're a sensible guy, why in a sudden start to panic because of one single quote from ZZ. All these quotes is part of the drama with AS and Marca.

Relax and enjoy the ride! Pogba will be ours.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Zidane do likes him, and said so. Pogba's head will be over the galaxy !

I was not really confident before the deal and the first rumor, but I'm pretty sure now that we'll end up, as usual, without our target whether we splash the cash or not.

They're clearly buying time in order for Real to make an official bid.

I'm worried about our image and the bad effect it'll have on the club, the fans and especially the manager. It'll show that even with all the money in the world, we can't attract the top players anymore, and falling like City or Chelsea

Sad

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It seems that any journalist who hints at the deal not being done yet is deemed to "know feck all". But when a roughly translated tweet from Mediaset or an Italian gossip tabloid says it's done, everyone goes all :drool::drool::drool:

Di Marzio is God until he starts talking about the deal getting difficult, then he's "a fraud" :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don't think this will happen now tbh. It has dragged on for ages, if was to happen it would've happened the week after the Euros.
Yeah negotiations for commodities around the €100m mark are usually wrapped up in a day or two.

gulli_G

Don't think this will happen now tbh. It has dragged on for ages, if was to happen it would've happened the week after the Euros.
Reliable sources are saying it's close and everyone throws their toys out of the pram, what did you guys want Zidane to say? "No we are not in for him". He was just saving face and leaving door open in case our move collapses, the mere mention of Madrid and everyone contracts ehsanulitis .

stevoc

Zidane quotes + Adidas pogba gif = less than ideal.
And both are very concrete.

That said it would taste all the more sweeter if we pull this off... Don't underestimate us muppets!
What possible relevance does a 3 second gif released by Adidas's marketing department have on a transfer between football clubs?

Seriously.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The preoccupation and downright obsession by some on here about Real Madrid is hilarious. Isn't this what we used to laugh at City for; being obsessed with us?
Huh? There's no obsession. Just understandable anxiety about their manager telling the media that they're interested in signing Pogba. How on earth is it "obsession" to discuss this in the Pogba thread?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Yet another groundbreaking article from Jamie Jackson :lol: He's even more clueless than Mitten and Delaney.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
:lol:

Plenty of deals have dragged on before and have gone through in the end. There's nothing yet to suggest this won't go through. Everything points to this deal being wrapped up soon. People need to calm the feck down and wait for some concrete information instead of living off every word of every newspaper/journalist.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don't understand this mentality. Why on earth is it still being dragged through every media outlet if the deal isn't alive. Negotiations take time when you deal with greedy clubs, greedy agents and greedy players. It was never happening a week after the Euros.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
One, Zidane was misquoted. Two, Real have to sell to fund the deal. Three, everything with us is finalised and has been for weeks. Once we agreed the fee with Juve and wages with Pogba, the rest has been Juve saving face etc. This has been done for weeks and Real were never really in for him like we were. The overreaction here is pretty funny though.
Its not an overreaction. Not on my part anyway. I've said from the offset I find it unlikely we'd sign him.

So, I've no idea what Zidane has said, my post wasn't in relation to any quotes attributed to him. Interesting you know Madrid's financial information. Regardless, who's to say they won't sell to find it if that actually is the situation. I find it hard to believe we've agreed the fee when everything seems to suggest that talks are ongoing. Again interesting you know the inside of United deals too!

littlepeasoup

Huh? There's no obsession. Just understandable anxiety about their manager telling the media that they're interested in signing Pogba. How on earth is it "obsession" to discuss this in the Pogba thread?
Mostly referring to the caf as a whole. I'm not Madrid's biggest fan by any means, but this notion of Real Madrid as this 'big bad team' will take any of our players and transfer targets at will is a bit silly.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In the beginning of the week, Raiola had returned to Turin, after spending some time with Pogba. He met the most important Juventus directors which include Marotta and Paratici. The aim of the meeting was to analyse Man United’s 110m deal + bonuses for Pogba. Juventus wants to make the most out of this deal which is natural considering that they are selling one of their best talent. Juventus is trying to negotiate a deal with United, Mino’s percentage on the fee makes him nervious

Bonuses - Juventus has said no to yet another offer by United. They are not interested in bargains. It think that it can come out with a great deal for the player. That’s why Marotta and Paratici have insisted on new discussions regarding bonuses, some of which are tied with potential contract renewals between Paul and Manchester United while others focus on any potential wins by United In the next 5 years(CL win, EPL wins etc). Juventus want to make sure that it keeps making money out of the player even after he signs with the red devils. United on the other hand are desperate for the player. However they are not ready to bend over backwards for him.

Whose paying Mino? That’s another big question mark about this deal. This detail had dominated most of the meeting. Juventus doesn’t want to pay for it. For the time being neither does United. Mino wants his stake. That’s why the deal is at a standstill. The meeting had failed to make a break-through in the negotiations. Raiola is nervious and Pogba’s future is still up in the air.

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/p...a-nuova-richiesta-e-il-nervosismo-di-r-686360

gulli_G

Its not an overreaction. Not on my part anyway. I've said from the offset I find it unlikely we'd sign him.

So, I've no idea what Zidane has said, my post wasn't in relation to any quotes attributed to him. Interesting you know Madrid's financial information. Regardless, who's to say they won't sell to find it if that actually is the situation. I find it hard to believe we've agreed the fee when everything seems to suggest that talks are ongoing. Again interesting you know the inside of United deals too!
It's pogday, get a grip.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
There is little difference for United to sign him two weeks ago or a week from now. He's still on holiday after Euro and would not join the team until early August, so we may as well take our time to sort out the details.

Kubalionzzale

It seems that any journalist who hints at the deal not being done yet is deemed to "know feck all". But when a roughly translated tweet from Mediaset or an Italian gossip tabloid says it's done, everyone goes all :drool::drool::drool:

Di Marzio is God until he starts talking about the deal getting difficult, then he's "a fraud" :lol:
They all want to believe that Pogba truly wants to sign for us and will sign for us, just that it's only "matter of time" before he does. Even if he does sign for us and play well he will feck off to Madrid.

devilish

FFS Devilish don't think so much, use your logic and stay calm. You're a sensible guy, why in a sudden start to panic because of one single quote from ZZ. All these quotes is part of the drama with AS and Marca.

Relax and enjoy the ride! Pogba will be ours.
I am relaxed mate.

bonsaiboy

Reliable sources are saying it's close and everyone throws their toys out of the pram, what did you guys want Zidane to say? "No we are not in for him". He was just saving face and leaving door open in case our move collapses, the mere mention of Madrid and everyone contracts ehsanulitis .
He could have said "I don't talk about players from other clubs" but that's not how Madrid work. :)

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mostly referring to the caf as a whole. I'm not Madrid's biggest fan by any means, but this notion of Real Madrid as this 'big bad team' will take any of our players and transfer targets at will is a bit silly.
Well they've repeatedly bitch-slapped us in the transfer market tbf. Taken United players and got a great return from them, then convinced us to break the PL transfer record to sign a fecking turkey. A bit of bad blood is inevitable.

VanGaalEra

Literally no one has mentioned any talks or even Madrid's interest. Calm the feck down.

podurban2

May be silly but still very true.

Sparky Rhiwabon

:lol:

Plenty of deals have dragged on before and have gone through in the end. There's nothing yet to suggest this won't go through. Everything points to this deal being wrapped up soon. People need to calm the feck down and wait for some concrete information instead of living off every word of every newspaper/journalist.
OK, if we strip out all the media / press reports and speculation, what have we got in terms of actual quotes / evidence?

Zidane saying he is interested in Pogba
Raoila saying it is not a done deal "bla bla bla"
A photo of Raoila and Pogba in a pool laughing

Anything else?

devilish

Which is a bit silly really. It's clear to everyone that the only limit on our transfer budget is what we're prepared to spend, not what we have available to spend. Madrid are loaded with debt (partly due the "gotta catch 'em all" attitude they have to top players) and are at the point where they simply can't keep on compounding that debt.

If we don't end up signing him it won't be because he preferred to go elsewhere, it'll be because we simply weren't willing to pay the asking price.
You can't really blame them for thinking that way. After all we spend 7m on some Portuguese 3rd division player and 30m on the Belgian Nolan in the past. United do crazy stuff sometimes

Also they need a plausible excuse why they didn't sign Pogba and by inflating the price even further they will get that

Last edited:

Quizierda

Zidane knows much better than any journo the situation because, surely, he talks with Pogba about what's happening and his plans. If Zidane thinks that Madrid stand a chance to get him, then it isn't a done deal between us and Juve by any means. And Zidane wouldn't show any interest if he thought that there were no chance or it was already too late to get involved.
THIS!
Why should Zidane embarrass himself by ensnaring a player who he knows he won’t get? This is 100% against Real Madrid’s identity “we want, we get”.

Someone has mentioned earlier the typical RM campaign: From my point of view those quotes are the first step as they usually encourage the player to force a move, thus, enhancing their negotiation power.

Zidane is a man in charge at one of the involved parties. So for me his few and arguments are way more valid and meaningful than the “may, if, should” stuff from DiMarzio & others.

S.A.N.F

I'm surprised I have not seen this mentioned yet.

Anyone else get the vibe that even if we do sign Pogba, he'll want off to Madrid in a few years? I'd rather not have a player who doesn't seem too keen to play for us.

My first post in ages so mention me or whatever if you reply, not sure how the system works.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
They all want to believe that Pogba truly wants to sign for us and will sign for us, just that it's only "matter of time" before he does. Even if he does sign for us and play well he will feck off to Madrid.
Which will be fine. We would have hopefully won a fair bit and made our money back and some more selling him to Madrid. Don't see the downside myself.

@S.A.N.F - suppose this answers you too

devilish

I think you're going OTT here. I'd understand it if Pogba was our first attempt of signing player this summer.
This year we will most probably be. Think it from the Real Madrid perspective. Their sponsors pay premium mainly because they know that Real attracts most flashy players. United are the 5th best team in the UK and yet they made them look silly with DDG and we have outmuscled them for Pogba. That will hurt them so expect repercussons