Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

WPMUFC

Zidane's words aren't twisted, the interview was being translated in to English via a translator sitting next to Zidane in real time. There's a video of the interview.
Andrew Gaffney isn't saying the translator was lying, it's how the media is twisting it now in their publications.

I don’t know. Until the 31st of August anything could happen. He still isn’t a Real Madrid player. We can’t talk about what might happen.” That “still” is a strange word to drop in there, perhaps revealing Madrid have made a bid for him?
Now isn’t the time to talk about it. Pogba interests everyone. He’s a great player and when you’re Madrid, you always want the best.
Zidane was then later asked whether Madrid would need to sell James Rodriguez in order to fund a move for Pogba. His response was pretty clear: “James plays for Real Madrid. I’m not going to get involved in the ‘one must leave so another can arrive’ talk. James is going to stay at Real Madrid.“ Zidane then refused to talk more about the subject out of respect for Juventus as Pogba is, at present, still a Juventus player.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/la-liga-leaks-zidane-talks-075608132.html

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Vidal, Iniesta, Modric, Fabregas, Kroos, Kante, De Bruyne (who can play CM along with other positions) and Veratti off the top of my head would be ahead of Pogba.
Fabregas, Kante and De Bruyne aren't better than Pogba.

Revan

Assumptionman
What if Pogba wants to go to Real? Who cares what Raiola wants or thinks.
That is possible but there isn't anything to suggest it, similar to not being anything to suggest that he is waiting for Bayern, Barca or PSG move.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Pogba and his agent seem to be just taking the piss throughout this saga and they're just making United look like mugs now.

If pogba truly wanted to come back here to United he would've made it clear by now but his silence on this whole saga is deafening he's literally said nothing in all these weeks. Riola is the one mouthing off and doing all the pushing but all that Cnut wants is his £20 million agent fee or whatever.

Guarantee In a few years he will just turn into a snake again and this time try to engineer Pogba a move to Madrid although that's what pogba wants anyway by the looks of it. We will end up selling for a loss too because there's no way we'll get £100 mill back for him because he's not worth anywhere near that now

I'd love United to tell juve and riola to feck off and move to a different target we've already missed out on kante who would've been perfect and we could've spent the excess £70 odd million elsewhere Improving the team

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Sherlock Holmes brigade are hilarious - hanging on random quotes and spamming it up with complete conjecture.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He's following him but he has been for ages. This thread is reaching desperate levels.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Ronaldo 7 years ago
Might possibly give you Benzema and Kroos but they were always going to RM anyway.
Others not really
Why not the others? Varane by his own account said he was fairly close to joining United but ended up going to Madrid.

And it appears we offered Spurs and Bale more money, but he also chose Madrid as soon as they waded in.

Sir A1ex

Sky's quotes are simply wrong. From the actual Marca article using Goolge Translate gives:

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2016/07/27/5797ee8c46163f833e8b462e.html

"I do not know if he'll come , until 31 August can happen. Everyone interested Pogba is a great player and when you're the Madrid always want the best. But today is not Madrid player is Juventus . I can not say anything more"

The Guardian is more accurate with their translation:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-madrid-interest-paul-pogba-manchester-united

Zidane said: “I don’t know if he will come. Until 31 August anything can happen. Everyone is interested in Pogba. He is a great footballer and when you are Madrid you always want the best. But now he is not a Real Madrid player, he is a Juventus player. I can’t say anything more.”
So it's basically down to how we translate that "hoy".

The Marca translation is literal, it means "today". But "Now" / "Not yet" aren't exactly implausible interpretations.

Suv666

Real has been out of the picture for a long time. This Madridphobia needs to stop. Its funny, people here rubbish highly reputable sources when they claim Pogba is joining United but when a known shite selling source claim Pogba's off to Madrid, folks jump on it.

The Zidane quotes mean nothing, Zidane said something similar about Sterling if I'm not wrong.

Usually these long drawn out sagas end bitterly for us, but I reckon this will be a happy ending. We're the only ones in for him. As soon as he returns I expect the deal to be done.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You also haven't heard "I want to join real Madrid."
In all fairness I don't give a damn about Madrid.
We want to pay a World Record fee for a player, with a huge wage.
That player has to show us some sort of commitment.
I've seen a lot of commitment from Riaola, but nothing from Pogba himself.
Even Memphis (for a lower wage and transfer fee), was complimenting us before he arrived.

Sparky10Legend

Thanks Jose. Mind giving us a heads up on who you're interested in?

Im not Jose, nor am i a scout BUT i AM a realist. Its not my role, i know this will surprise you, to identify other targets.

If we get him its got ADM written all over it. We all admire Buyern, would they go to this level? No, course not.

My view is to concentrate on British/EPL talent - ala Buyern. As this Galactico fascination just aint working for us. We are being played, almost every time.

Sb_16

I'm sensing Pogba will face even bigger challenge than Rooney to win back support...from the e-fans.

Jaybomb

Juve bought Higuaín for 80m.

He's off.

Whether he's off to us is another story.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
This better fecking end soon I can't take the amount of people shitting their pants over Madrid and the constant reiteration that "Pogba is close".

Womp

idiot
Im not Jose, nor am i a scout BUT i AM a realist. Its not my role, i know this will surprise you, to identify other targets.

If we get him its got ADM written all over it. We all admire Buyern, would they go to this level? No, course not.

My view is to concentrate on British/EPL talent - ala Buyern. As this Galactico fascination just aint working for us. We are being played, almost every time.
We might as well accept being rubbish then.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
In all fairness I don't give a damn about Madrid.
We want to pay a World Record fee for a player, with a huge wage.
That player has to show us some sort of commitment.
I've seen a lot of commitment from Riaola, but nothing from Pogba himself.
Even Memphis (for a lower wage and transfer fee), was complimenting us before he arrived.
You are making a mistake. All Pogba has to do is ask for a transfer, which it seems he's done. That's it. What you are thinking about is him doing the fans a favor, but that won't happen. He's seemingly showed he's happy to come here. Forget all else. He's done his part. It's up to us to come to an agreement and that's it. If Pogba wanted Madrid as bad as half the people make out, he would do another season at Juventus.

Electriceye

Please elaborate in what way that makes me sound foolish.

You, along with a silly amount of others, are creating your own realities of what you think is happening with Real despite a massive amount of journalists (credible ones to boot) saying we're very close to sealing the deal.
I don't mean you personally, I mean its foolish to dismiss any chance that RM have of signing him specially after Zidane's comments.

I will not be surprised if we sign him, but I also won't be surprised if Real swoop in either, that's what they're known for.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pogba and his agent seem to be just taking the piss throughout this saga and they're just making United look like mugs now.

If pogba truly wanted to come back here to United he would've made it clear by now but his silence on this whole saga is deafening he's literally said nothing in all these weeks. Riola is the one mouthing off and doing all the pushing but all that Cnut wants is his £20 million agent fee or whatever.

Guarantee In a few years he will just turn into a snake again and this time try to engineer Pogba a move to Madrid although that's what pogba wants anyway by the looks of it. We will end up selling for a loss too because there's no way we'll get £100 mill back for him because he's not worth anywhere near that now

I'd love United to tell juve and riola to feck off and move to a different target we've already missed out on kante who would've been perfect and we could've spent the excess £70 odd million elsewhere Improving the team
How often have players openly said they want to leave.
You can also turn around and say if he wanted to stay, he would have come out and said so.

Stretch

So it's basically down to how we translate that "hoy".

The Marca translation is literal, it means "today". But "Now" / "Not yet" aren't exactly implausible interpretations.
Yes but in the context of him mentioning right afterwards that he's a Juventus player we know what he meant. Pogba is not a Madrid player, he's a Juventus player and I can't say anything more on it. That's the just of it. Sky's version make it seem as if a move to Real is impending. Surely Marca would have milked that all day long. They haven't.