Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Stretch

Somebody else tweeted him to ask if it was true is why.

He replied by saying that he had no idea what any of it was about. I get the impression he was just a different doctor who shared the same name, actually.
The hospitals in question (The one the twitter Doc and AS mention) were the same or part of the same group and both are in Miami. AS specifically mentioned the Doc and the hospital (Jackson Memorial). The doc who replied on Twitter shares the name of the Doc in AS article and works at the Baptist Hospital in Miami. How many Italian doctors would be sharing the same name and profession in Miami? Come on.

Kant-ona

More selfconfidence, lads!

If Madrid signs Pogba, we should switch to the-"We were never interested but wanted to push the price for the white circus"-narrative.

Sir A1ex

The hospitals in question (The one the twitter Doc and AS mention) were the same or part of the same group and both are in Miami. AS specifically mentioned the Doc and the hospital (Jackson Memorial). The doc who replied on Twitter shares the name of the Doc in AS article and works at the Baptist Hospital in Miami. How many Italian doctors would be sharing the same name and profession in Miami? Come on.
Didn't realise the hospital was the same. Probably the right bloke then, but it sounded like he'd neither been booked or cancelled for a medical!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just common sense / memory longer than a goldfish.

Look at the longest threads... Vidal, Thiago, Sniejder, Fabregas... the only one with as many posts that actually came off was Berbatov, and that was 8 years ago.
So you are saying because it's a long thread on red cafe the transfer won't happen? For god sake...

If the Italian press were saying "Perez is having a conference call and a 115m euros has been agreed" yes I will panic. They aren't in the negotiation table, we are!.

WhoDaGOAT

The Zidane comments were twisted and apparently Raiola is set to settle for £15 million instead

So now all that's left is the payment structure. This could take 2 or 3 more days to settle.

I think we will have a definitive outcome by Friday.

Sir A1ex

So you are saying because it's a long thread on red cafe the transfer won't happen? For god sake...
Essentially, yes. A stupidly long thread is a good indication of a highly ambitious transfer getting drawn out for a long time. And in those circumstances we never come out well.

If the Italian press were saying "Perez is having a conference call and a 115m euros has been agreed" yes I will panic. They aren't in the negotiation table, we are!.
Most of the press are just stabbing in the dark and repeating what each other say. I've seen plenty of deals appear out of nowhere... not least Gomes the other day.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Zidane comments were twisted and apparently Raiola is set to settle for £15 million instead

So now all that's left is the payment structure. This could take 2 or 3 more days to settle.

I think we will have a definitive outcome by Friday.
No point trying to tell these people, they will believe what they want. At the first sign of Zidane or Madrid they are running for the hills waving the white flag. Hilarious.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Maybe Juventus want to sell to us but Pogba and Raiola are stalling, trying to convince/force them to accept a Real Madrid's lower offer.

If this drags on a week or two more I bet he ends up in Madrid.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
And what's more, if he did feck off to Madrid in his prime, we'd make a big profit on him anyway (as long as we keep on top of his contract!).

That said, I'm still not convinced he's not going to Madrid this summer.:(
I think we'd be very unlucky should Pogba not move to us this summer. To be honest if it's agent fees that's doing us in I wouldn't be all that arsed. Something needs to be done about the likes of Raiola.

IhabX7

Zidane's words aren't twisted, the interview was being translated in to English via a translator sitting next to Zidane in real time. There's a video of the interview.

Red Bug

Christ the amount of drama queens in here. I can only put this down to maybe some are youngsters and throw hissyfits when things don't go their own way?

There is NOTHING to suggest Pogba is joining Real Madrid. Nothing.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
This is a muppet meltdown unlike anything I have seen before...and we don't even know anything concrete yet...

Stretch

According to Sky Sports he said both those things:

"I do not know, so far we are here (Columbus) working.
"Until August 31 anything can happen. He is not yet a Madrid player. We cannot talk about what will happen.
"The question is direct and I always say things. But now is not the time to talk about it. Everyone is interested in Pogba. He is a great player and when you're with Madrid you always want the best. Now you have to respect some things, he is a Juve player, today I cannot say anything."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ne-zidane-quiet-on-paul-pogbas-potential-move
Sky's quotes are simply wrong. From the actual Marca article using Goolge Translate gives:

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2016/07/27/5797ee8c46163f833e8b462e.html

"I do not know if he'll come , until 31 August can happen. Everyone interested Pogba is a great player and when you're the Madrid always want the best. But today is not Madrid player is Juventus . I can not say anything more"

The Guardian is more accurate with their translation:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-madrid-interest-paul-pogba-manchester-united

Zidane said: “I don’t know if he will come. Until 31 August anything can happen. Everyone is interested in Pogba. He is a great footballer and when you are Madrid you always want the best. But now he is not a Real Madrid player, he is a Juventus player. I can’t say anything more.”

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Zidane's words aren't twisted, the interview was being translated in to English via a translator sitting next to Zidane in real time. There's a video of the interview.
Hmmm, worrying.

Stretch

Sorry I'm not as much of an up-to-date muppet as you!

If you took the time to read the thread instead of jumping on peoples misinformed comments to try and look ITK you'd see that I've already responded to the fact that it's old news, when a much quicker Muppet than you pointed it out!

The sentiment of my post, as I said to him, is still accurate though … perhaps you should go back and bother to read it!
It was said in jest and not to be taken seriously nor an attack on you. Calm down bro.

Rory 7

Sky's quotes are simply wrong. From the actual Marca article using Goolge Translate gives:

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2016/07/27/5797ee8c46163f833e8b462e.html

"I do not know if he'll come , until 31 August can happen. Everyone interested Pogba is a great player and when you're the Madrid always want the best. But today is not Madrid player is Juventus . I can not say anything more"

The Guardian is more accurate with their translation:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-madrid-interest-paul-pogba-manchester-united

Zidane said: “I don’t know if he will come. Until 31 August anything can happen. Everyone is interested in Pogba. He is a great footballer and when you are Madrid you always want the best. But now he is not a Real Madrid player, he is a Juventus player. I can’t say anything more.”
Same quotes on BBC. Clear sign Madrid are in the mix. As suspected.

CG1010

Essentially, yes. A stupidly long thread is a good indication of a highly ambitious transfer getting drawn out for a long time. And in those circumstances we never come out well.

Most of the press are just stabbing in the dark and repeating what each other say. I've seen plenty of deals appear out of nowhere... not least Gomes the other day.
Yeah, I think people are getting slightly ahead of themselves even most of reliable newspapers haven't confirmed the deal. All that's been said is that the deal is "close", which has little meaning as such when you think about it. 90% of thread is filled with posters that are too optimistic or too pessimistic about the deal.

Sir A1ex

Christ the amount of drama queens in here. I can only put this down to maybe some are youngsters and throw hissyfits when things don't go their own way?

There is NOTHING to suggest Pogba is joining Real Madrid. Nothing.
It's very kind of you to call me a youngster, but actually I suspect it's the older and more cynical amongst us who aren't particularly assured by newspaper reports.

You may well argue that the signs favour us, but to say there's nothing just makes your post look daft, in light of ZZ's comments.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have Real even bid for him, are there any reports that Real have even agreed a contract with Pogba?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Dunno if anyone's posted this yet but why are adidas trolling us eh?

Revan

Assumptionman
Maybe Juventus want to sell to us but Pogba and Raiola are stalling, trying to convince/force them to accept a Real Madrid's lower offer.

If this drags on a week or two more I bet he ends up in Madrid.
Raiola said that he doesn't want Pogba at Madrid and he is clearly pushing him to United.

RedCurry

Wonder if we end up losing him to Madrid, will the meltdown among general United fan be more colossal than when he first left us for free?