g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

djdhrubs

Still not sure how you confidently read it that way. The "today" which you've totally missed out puts a pretty different slant on it - surely a massive implication that he expects him to be at some point in the future?
If it's 5 years in the future after another record fee by which time we'd have gotten back to the top, that wouldn't be so bad.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe we can have a sticky post summarizing all the facts about the transfer, so that posters can have a uniform view of developments so far.
There really aren't any facts until United/Juventus/Pogba publicly say something definitive. Everything else, spare a few posts from respected journos, is made up.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Just saw the thing about his medical being cancelled. I don't know what you lot have said about is as there has been 20 pages since last night, but i can't see this happening now, Pogba obvioulsy wants Madrid and has been stalling hoping they will come in for him.

The only bright side to this is that all you annoying "lol pathetic how some of you are scared of Madrid lol" people will have to eat some serious crow.
Hmmm. Not sure about that to be honest. It's actually the folk constantly wittering on about him going to Madrid that have been the annoying ones. Especially since (up until maybe today) there's been absolutely no basis for saying so.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just saw the thing about his medical being cancelled. I don't know what you lot have said about is as there has been 20 pages since last night, but i can't see this happening now, Pogba obvioulsy wants Madrid and has been stalling hoping they will come in for him.

The only bright side to this is that all you annoying "lol pathetic how some of you are scared of Madrid lol" people will have to eat some serious crow.
Incredible how you make it sound like you want Madrid to do us over. Stop acting so small time

m1y2

If Real get Pogba we should try to poach Modric or Verratti, Dont think PSG would turn down 100m

WPMUFC

http://i.imgur.com/WZZno7B.jpg

Interesting -- according to La Stampa (printed version) - it's done. Juve will receive 100M Euros and Raiola 15M. What needs to be agreed is how the payments will be made. Nerozzi sounds very smug about this deal, saying that Juve made the deal of the century (which is true).
yeah, we have been on and off bringing this Nerozzi story up for about 6 hours now. ;) This hilarious thing is that one of the biggest media developments of the saga (claim the deal is now done and fees sorted) has completely been dwarfed by people shitting themselves because "zidane likes pogba". Truly incredible. :lol::lol:

Robbie Boy

If Real get Pogba we should try to poach Modric or Verratti, Dont think PSG would turn down 100m
PSG definitely would snap our hand off if we offered them 100m for Modric. In fact, they would likely take anything we offer.

podurban2

La Stampa say done deal, yet all you see in here is "Madrid, Madrid, Madrid". Jesus christ guys, get a grip.

macheda14

Why wont they ?
They have plenty of money,more than us also.
No they don't, when those lists come out of 'richest clubs' it's more defining a club's worth through assets and commercial viability than the money they have at hand. We have more money to spend than any other club in Europe

TrustInJanuzaj

Believe me i don't, but i would take a tiny bit of comfort in seeing some people have to eat some pretty big crow.
Personally I find it more annoying seeming people say 'he's Madrid bound' or 'just wants to go to madrid'. It's fine to recognise them as an elite club and even say they have a bigger pull, but it's still ridiculous to think that Pogba wouldn't be interested in an equally elite club in Utd, where we can offer more money right now and a world class manager. I have to say in terms of the deal I was more confident the other day, however, I still think this is pretty much a done deal for us and can't see Madrid getting him this time just because he's a lesser priority.

Bruno8

Forget all the so called Madrid antics, Pogba himself seems to be waiting for a Madrid bid if the various reports are to be believed

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Forget all the so called Madrid antics, Pogba himself seems to be waiting for a Madrid bid if the various reports are to be believed
IF....IF....IF...how can you forget something if you are so willing to IGNORE the fact you just said IF.....lol. I'm pretty sure we'll hear something soon. People leave your bias, paranoia out of these fecking thread.

Stretch

Still not sure how you confidently read it that way. The "today" which you've totally missed out puts a pretty different slant on it - surely a massive implication that he expects him to be at some point in the future?
Exactly my point since if that was the case do you not think Marca and AS would have made so much more of it? Sky is the only outlet who have put that slant on it. Nobody else not even Marca or AS who are Madrid mouthpieces. Come on man.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everything saying "he prefers spain" COMES FROM SPAIN how is this so hard to understand? It's absolutely ridiculous how people are just putting 2+2 together and getting 5. It's a never ending circle of people reading twitter and fearing the worst without actually knowing the facts. I am getting so bored of this thread now.

@Raoul It should be locked pending further info IMO. Perhaps update the title with "medical cancelled is fake / Italian Media say deal agreed".

TsuWave

there's no indication of that, let alone "obvious" that he wants madrid. some serious inferiority complex from our fans.

Stretch

Everything saying "he prefers spain" COMES FROM SPAIN how is this so hard to understand? It's absolutely ridiculous how people are just putting 2+2 together and getting 5. It's a never ending circle of people reading twitter and fearing the worst without actually knowing the facts. I am getting so bored of this thread now.

@Raoul It should be locked pending further info IMO. Perhaps update the title with "medical cancelled is fake / Italian Media say deal agreed".
Or maybe a the first post in this thread should have a summary of latest developments since the thread title is not being updated anymore

TrustInJanuzaj

I tell you what I'm no phycologist but this thread provides a real outlook into the positive (optimistic) and negative (pessimistic) views that different people can see. The actual reports an media murmurings have been far more encouraging in the suggestion that Utd sign Pogba than Madrid, yet to many they can't see past the few contrasting peices. Some more critical thinking is probably needed for some but I guess that all gets lost when the muppets flock.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
All wums are in jest. The rules were clearly posted in the thread title for the longest time. There will be no mercy. :)
At the risk of going over old ground I assume mercy was indeed shown to Spoony after his own WUM a week or two back? I understand this is the way things are with him being such old-timer here but just wanted to clarify.

CG1010

La Stampa say done deal, yet all you see in here is "Madrid, Madrid, Madrid". Jesus christ guys, get a grip.
Probably because lequipe said a week ago that the deal was done but that didn't turn out to be true as such. People will now only believe: Di Marzio, BBC and or the club itself (in that order).

Stretch

The only media who have reported this are Spanish. AS, Marca, Ballbag etc. None of the Italian media has said this at all and they've had plenty opportunity to do so.

Fully Fledged

If they didn't think the fee would be this high, they presumably thought what..... £50m? so they'd pay tubby £10m and net £40m.

£100m even after paying £20m is still net £80m.

What the 20% turns into in pound/euro value is irrelevant as every £1 the fee is higher than they may have expected, is 80p to Juve? The higher the fee, the better for them?

They're just playing hardball and we should tell them to call us when/if they're ready to accept our offer (and they'll pay agents fees as they're meant to). Or, they can try and plug their cash flow without the Pogba fee and we move onto another target..... fine by me.
Handing out £20m is a lot harder than handing out £5m or even £10m. It's like doing overtime. Yes you pick up more but it does your head when you see how much is going to the taxman. It makes you reluctant to do the overtime just to fund the taxman.

gulli_G

I think post Pogba and Raiola pool gate, Shortsgate, we are at the schniederlen transfer stage, where all is agreed, medical will be done secretly and this time we are going to do a galactico presentation

CG1010

Believe me i don't, but i would take a tiny bit of comfort in seeing some people have to eat some pretty big crow.
:houllier:

By the way, I wanted to ask everybody - did we manage to interpret what the pic posted by Pogba (where he and Riola were enjoying in a pool) meant? He also said something like "saying a lot by saying nothing" or something of the sort.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
He is, I just checked.
This should be wrapped up by Friday IMO.
Of those who TFM is following, Pogba is the only footballer who isnt a United-player or Dutch/playing in Netherlands (bar Rafael).

Safe to say Pogba is done, even if we dont bother about who is following who on Twitter.

Giggs86

Just tuning in today and all I see in this thread is Madrid this and Madrid that. Are people seriously making up that he's off to Madrid after every outlet reports that Pogba to United is almost done?

Can someone please explain to me that irrational Madridophobia?