Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

mu4c_20le

We're paying Raiola's fee entirely too? Pathetic, how are we this bad at negotiating transfers?
Dont believe every single thing you read. Agent's fees my arse, for a world record transfer like this. Just get this announced already we knew it was done a while ago.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Pogba has 'moved closer' to united around 500 times per week since early June. Even at 1 metre per media story, he must be peering misty eyed into the megastore window by now surely?

VanGaalEra

Friday, I can live with Friday. I'm out after work tomorrow so Friday suits me perfectly!

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Can we be any "closer" to Pogba. We must have been edging closer to the lad inch by inch lol
Imagine if it was redcafe posters inching closer to Pogba. Seeing they've all unzipped they're close to intercourse depending on size.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
We may as well accept we're going to get milked dry and move on. What's an extra £10-20m in the grand scheme of things.
Well that's clearly a lot of money in any scheme of things. There's a reason why you don't see the club reducing ticket prices, bleed the fans dry but overpay and undersell for basically every transfer we've had in the last three years.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
1, replaced a Galactico class manager (Fergie) with Moyes and gave him a 6 year contract. Jose (the ideal replacement) was available but, they thought it would be better to hire a manager who has never won a trophy in his life.
The rushed replacement is key also. Why was SAF allowed to give just a few months notice? In fairness, Maureen could have been an epic failure. Nobody in their right mind would want to take that job immediately after SAF. Allowing our main guy to leave after 25 years with no plan was a disaster. Allowing the next guy to wipe out almost everything in a few months shows just how incompetent and useless the Glazers and their lackey Woody are.

2, got rid of our entire (experienced) defensive line, in a single transfer window.
We also lost our entire coaching staff and David Gill who was as important. It would not happen in any properly run business.

3, bought Fellaini for above his release clause
All related to the failed change of management (Gill/SAF), I think Moyes was on holidays at the beginning of the transfer window. We were late going to market and messed up on other targets (remember the Herrera fiasco?). The Fellaini release clause expired and we were left desperate to sign somebody. An epic management failure.

4, kept faith with Moyes even after he'd basically given up on our entire team and the season. And only sacked him once the season was completely wrecked.
Yet another epic management failure. There was no change over plan after SAF. The players naturally took an instant dislike to Moyes. He was never going to succeed.

5, bought Di Maria - British Transfer Record. The only player listed in the World FIFA XI, who was playing in the EPL. Arguably Madrid's best player. MOTM in their final game (CL Final). We did not know how/where to play him and sold him within 12 months, for a significant loss.
Blame donkey LVG for this. ADM is a world class player. He treatment at the hands of LVG was a disgrace. He was right to leave as quickly as possible.

6, attempted to sell DDG (our best player for many years) - they only failed because of Madrid's mess-up.
Dont think we can blame the club for this, DDG wanted away.

7, LVG was allowed to implement his non-goal scoring philosophy, even though the fans/media were getting on his back. He was even booed. The OT fans chanted "attack attack attack". He was eventually sacked, but was given approximately half a season to rectify the boring football which he had implemented...but he failed to change.
Like Moyes, only sacked when it was confirmed the Glazers would be hit in their pockets. LVG should have been gone last Christmas.

I'm sure there other errors in judgement, but it would not shock me if they sold Pogba a few years later for a cut price deal, to our rivals.
Get a feeling Pogba will be brilliant but trouble (start flirting with Barca/Madrid after winning a few player of the month awards), or else he will be very average. Was not overly impressed with him at the Euro's, especially when France were playing against some very average teams. The Italian league is pretty crap, so easy for him to stand out there.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
48 hours. OK I have set my timer. If Pogba is not signed for United at end of it I will hunt di Marzio down and feed him to muppets.

AndyJ1985

Well that's clearly a lot of money in any scheme of things. There's a reason why you don't see the club reducing ticket prices, bleed the fans dry but overpay and undersell for basically every transfer we've had in the last three years.
Yes well even if we don't pay the £100m for Pogba the cost of tickets still isn't going to go down, so to us fans it doesn't make a blind bit of difference how much we give Juventus, Pogba, and Raiola. Best to just accept it and focus on what the player brings to the team instead.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So you honestly think Perez and the RM hierarchy are daft enough to drop a hundred million unnecessarily to keep up appearances?

Personally I don't.
It's unlikely but dumber things have happened at that circus.

stevoc

I can't believe people think that paying over a £100m for Pogba is reasonable. He's good, but he's not worth that sort of money. Surely we can get a midfielder who's equally good for much less. There's just such a massive premium because of the way the media and his agent have marketed him.

I personally wouldn't mind if we didn't get him, and spent the money on someone else, and gave TFM a decent run. The player looks a star in the making.
Phone Ed Woodward and Mourinho and suggest one, i'm sure if we could get an equal player for much less we would be trying to buy him instead of Pogba.

United Pro

Was so happy when Di Marzio popped up with that tweet.
But guys remember it's not a done deal yet, and weirder things have happened. So wait 2 days and hopefully everything will be formalised.

vodrake

Well that's the positive tweets for the day out the way with. Winder what the new negative twist tonight will be to cause the next meltdown

RetroStu

And in 48 hours it will be Friday and "thats too late to do so it will be now Monday", Monday comes and we can't do it because Pogba is having his pubes trimmed so it will be Tuesday, but Tuesday is siesta day for Juve meaning it will be next weekend, and so on, and so on.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Yes well even if we don't pay the £100m for Pogba the cost of tickets still isn't going to go down, so to us fans it doesn't make a blind bit of difference how much we give Juventus, Pogba, and Raiola. Best to just accept it and focus on what the player brings to the team instead.
Replace price reduction with no future price hikes then. Fact is, it does affect the fans. We priced out so many of our loyal life long fans to earn an extra £10m or so more in the past (under Ed's supervision, yes even before he was CEO he was rumoured to be running the show behind the scenes as he facilitated the takeover in the first place) but now we're not only break the transfer record but then pay the agent fee that was contractually due by the selling team. That's genuinely utterly pathetic.

Real are just trying to get some free press, we all know they won't put that much money up for Pogba.