Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People who don't think Pogba is a purchase on the level of Neymar, Bale, & Ronaldo just don't get it do they. Why do you think a world class manager like Mourinho is obsessed with him? He can dribble past people like he's Messi, ball control and technique getting close to Pirlo's level, tackle decently well with those long legs of his, and is a more athletic version of Yaya in his prime. A B2B midfielder is arguably the player who influences the game the most on both end of the pitches. It's silly not to pay more for a player who makes more impact on the game as a whole.
:lol: Sure

Quizierda

Juventus version of the Adidas ad campaign. No sign of that Pogba fella.
After seeing this I truly think that the Pjanic parts (the beginning and ending) originally were Pogbas parts. ;)

Ole90+3

Mourinho likes defensive stability in midfield, that duo would get shat on defensively. Unless we get in a pure DM which can cover a lot of ground I can't see any other solution than a 3 man midfield.
The issue for 80% of our games last season wasn't defensive stability, it was the lack of movement, penetration, purpose and pace of passing. Those two will hopefully offer that as long as Herrera learns to pass 3 yards again.

CG1010

Mourinho likes defensive stability in midfield, that duo would get shat on defensively. Unless we get in a pure DM which can cover a lot of ground I can't see any other solution than a 3 man midfield.
This.

I am worried that we will initially start with a 2 man midfield of Pogba and one of Carrick/Herrera/Schneiderlin and Rooney as #10. Which will not work because Pogba can't play in a midfield two and because it has Rooney in it. I can see us switching mid season to a three man midfield with Pogba as the most advanced midfielder and dropping Rooney completely.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Juventus advert should be conducted with the godfather's song and the referees taking part instead of the players

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Juventus version of the Adidas ad campaign. No sign of that Pogba fella.
Where is Bonucci?????? Nah, I'm just messing they won't be selling him

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Clever marketing tho.
I prefer the 'a new devil is arriving, he is a legend' advert with Rooney touching his chin. Especially at a time when we used to buy players like Young and Zaha

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
People who don't think Pogba is a purchase on the level of Neymar, Bale, & Ronaldo just don't get it do they. Why do you think a world class manager like Mourinho is obsessed with him? He can dribble past people like he's Messi, ball control and technique getting close to Pirlo's level, tackle decently well with those long legs of his, and is a more athletic version of Yaya in his prime. A B2B midfielder is arguably the player who influences the game the most on both end of the pitches. It's silly not to pay more for a player who makes more impact on the game as a whole.
:lol: The feck?

Glanville95

I only posted it because it's got Pogba and another one of our midfielders on it to be fair.
Haha, fair enough. Someone on here did suggest playing a midfield three of Pogs, Herrera and Morgan saying it could work due to how industrious or athletic/mobile the three are even though there isn't a #6 or destroyer in there. Thought that could be a possibility as in theory their work rate will compensate for added defensive nous.

Personally I think it'll be Pogba partnering Carrick initially with Rooney at #10 - of course.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Because it's a one year extension of their current contract instead of a new contract. The new contract was 65m but required a new 5 year duration and since barcelona want to change sponsor they didn't want to commit for the next 5 years (or whatever the new duration was).
I'm talking about the Nike deal, not the Qatar deal.....

WPMUFC

CM

I don't know what's worse, the fact that someone wrote a goddam poem or that the shirt sales myth has sprung up again.
Careful there, you're in danger of sounding like any character from Suits.

JohnnyKills

But Adidas ARE getting the majority of the shirt sales... That doesn't mean we get none of it. We get a small minority, they get the rest.
Without knowing the details of the deal, it seems unlikely that we'll get all £100m back in shirt sales.

But from a commercial perspective, it's about far more than just shirt sales. How many new commercial deals will United secure on the back of Pogba? My guess is a lot.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Presser stuff showing up on Juve twitter now.

jungledrums

Without knowing the details of the deal, it seems unlikely that we'll get all £100m back in shirt sales.

But from a commercial perspective, it's about far more than just shirt sales. How many new commercial deals will United secure on the back of Pogba? My guess is a lot.
You're right, we won't get anything close to that money back. It shouldn't even be part of the discussion, that's how wide of the mark the claim is. It's just some myth that keeps popping up. But yes, he's very marketable. Just repeating ourselves here though. Pogba, his marketability, the price, his age/potential, his position etc etc has been discussed to death.