Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

MattyB1986

When was the last time Man Utd had a player that the top teams like Bayern, Madrid, Barca would love to have from our side? De Gea. If United want to get back to the top we need to actually buy players these teams would have. The reason we are having to spend 100 mil is because has stated above, we are not in a great bargaining position at present with the lack of CL football and finishing 5th.
Pogba is the type of midfielder United have lacked in years and I'm not too bothered about the price because when I evaluate the pros it far outweighs the negatives and for me that is why he's worth 100 mil to United in the current climate we find ourselves in.

SirAF

Ageist
When was the last time Man Utd had a player that the top teams like Bayern, Madrid, Barca would love to have from our side? De Gea. If United want to get back to the top we need to actually buy players these teams would have. The reason we are having to spend 100 mil is because has stated above, we are not in a great bargaining position at present with the lack of CL football and finishing 5th.
Pogba is the type of midfielder United have lacked in years and I'm not too bothered about the price because when I evaluate the pros it far outweighs the negatives and for me that is why he's worth 100 mil to United in the current climate we find ourselves in.
This. De Gea, Pogba and possibly Martial for his vast potential. It's a watershed in the world of football imo.

madRedDevil07

Of course he's a huge signing for us @LennonNL, that is not in dispute. My issue is with the style of player he is and I don't agree with the view that he's exactly what we need. As I say, this is just my view. Can't understand why I'm being slated for that view. This all kicked off this morning when I prompted a discussion on his marketability. I think the 'brand' Pogba is a huge part of the attraction for United, I really do. I think even for United to hold the world record transfer fee is important for 'brand' United. I guess I'm just not convinced he's the right player for us in footballing terms. Am more than happy to be proved wrong.
I am trying to understand the alternate view. We desperately need drive, goals and assists from midfield which he is going to provide in abundance. We don't have a midfielder who is going to stamp his authority on the game from center of the pitch that he is clearly going to do. Last season we were excellent from left wing, decent from right wing and awful from the midfield creativity wise. We have already covered the weak spots of our team barring the RB spot which is not one the most important positions that's going to decide the game. Hence , i think he is THE perfect signing in footballing terms regardless of the fee.

Also please suggest who is the right player to sign in footballing terms in your opinion.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agreed. We are buying potential. Amazing really for a world record fee and for a player who we knew all about his potential four years ago. A funny old game.
Not exactly. Buying Martial was buying potential. We're buying an already excellent player who we expect to be one of the best soon.

madRedDevil07

ah now...I would rather spend it on a 31 year old Modric or an injury plagued Italian midfielder from France :(
We are not going to sign even one leg of that Italian midfielder for 100 millions. Also Real are not going to sell Modric IMO. So there is zero chance of signing either of these two for 100+ millions.

Sparky Rhiwabon

THE 2015 FIFA FIFPRO WORLD XI
Goalkeeper:
Manuel Neuer (Germany, FC Bayern Munich)

Defenders:
Dani Alves (Brazil, FC Barcelona)
Sergio Ramos (Spain, Real Madrid CF)
Thiago Silva (Brazil, Paris Saint-Germain)
Marcelo (Brazil, Real Madrid CF)

Midfielders:
Paul Pogba (France, Juventus)
Luka Modric (Croatia, Real Madrid CF)
Andrés Iniesta (Spain, FC Barcelona)

Forwards
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal, Real Madrid CF)
Lionel Messi (Argentina, FC Barcelona)
Neymar Jr. (Brazil, FC Barcelona)

This means that, as voted for by other professional footballers (not bad judges), Pogba is rated as one of the top world class players in the world right now (not potential). He is also significantly younger than all but one of those players (means more potential to improve)

He is also rated as one of the top three midfielders in the world right now (not potential). He is also significantly younger than the other two midfielders (means more potential to improve)

So, to summarise:

- One of the best players in the world right now
- Potential to be even better, maybe the best in the world.

madRedDevil07

Not exactly. Buying Martial was buying potential. We're buying an already excellent player who we expect to be one of the best soon.
This. Just to add we are signing him as he has at least 6-7 years of top class football left in him and he is going to hit his peak in couple of years when his price will boom to 160+ millions.

spwd

Bollox is it one man. Plenty of others agree with my points. The main nonsense spouted in here are the muppets who are preparing their 'jizz' gifs.
I don't agree with your points but people keep pointing out you're saying he won't improve us when it's clear you think he will, just not as much as some, pretty simple really.

AKDevil

Is tomorrow Pogday?
Just looking at the big launches involved in Mourinho, Bailly, Mkhitaryan and Ibrahimovic I could easily see this not being announced by us until he is back from holiday and able to come to Manchester to do all the photos, vines, interviews etc. If Adidas are getting a lot of attention from using him in clips etc I am sure United's marketing bods are thinking the same thing but they just can't put their ideas into action until he is here. There is no way United are breaking world transfer record without actually dominating the news agenda and Twitter timelines. I reckon there will be an avalanche of content if and when this is done.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well said. I would say the last time we signed a proper world class player who was good enough to play for any top side in the world was Di Maria. It's easy to forget him because he was underwhelming and left on a bad note but there's no denying he was a world class player when we signed him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
ChaddyP has been threadbanned since Thursday and still has almost 40% more posts than the VanGaalEra. Jesus wept.

Gazza

Rory7 - tbf mate your arguments have been all over the place in this thread. Your points have ranged from whether he's the sort of player we need, to whether he really wants to be here or not, to whether we're signing potential instead of here-and now impact, to whether we're signing him for marketing reasons, to whether we'd be better off buying 3 decent players instead of 1 genuine superstar, to comparing Pogba to the likes of Messi etc who are unobtainable... It's like you just have a "bad feeling" about this transfer and you're reaching for any weak reasons to justify that view. I'd say pretty much every argument you've made in this thread has been effectively rebuked by other posters so I think from here on out you're just retreading rather pointless old ground.

ghagua

That's it then. Ghagua of redcafe has spoken. Pogba is over priced. Have you told Ed this? I'm now officially disgruntled.
You must be something special. I just stated my opinion, like hundreds of other people are doing on an internet forum about a potential transfer of Pogba. Where did write that Woodward will listen to anyone on a chat forum?

Rory 7

Rory7 - tbf mate your arguments have been all over the place in this thread. Your points have ranged from whether he's the sort of player we need, to whether he really wants to be here or not, to whether we're signing potential instead of here-and now impact, to whether we're signing him for marketing reasons, to whether we'd be better off buying 3 decent players instead of 1 genuine superstar, to comparing Pogba to the likes of Messi etc who are unobtainable... It's like you just have a "bad feeling" about this transfer and you're reaching for any weak reasons to justify that view. I'd say pretty much every argument you've made in this thread has been effectively rebuked by other posters so I think from here on out you're just retreading rather pointless old ground.
I've never posted anything of the sort. I've said he'll improve us but not to extent being predicted. I've also said I don't like him, that's where people get their knickers in a twist.

Rory 7

The best among the current crop yes.

The best in all era? Nope. But you can only purchase what's in front of you. If we have a prime zidane/keane/robbo then I'd argue they're better than pogba. But at the cureent rate yes he's our best bet.
I would honestly prefer Kroos

Rory 7

It's a thin difference. Kroos wasn't for sale and perhaps dont want to come here. Even if he wants to he wont come cheap and it'll be another pogba fee.

It's not that simple of who we want, but who wants us who we can afford and whose available
A lot of players could become available for this kind of fee