Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Pogba is not worth £100m, but why do you care if he is, or isn't? Player is class and will only get better. We can afford it. We generate our own money. We need player like him, so let's pay the going rate. Transfer fees are getting inflated every year, and are always subjective. You just wish Spurs could be ballers like us, don't you?
No, actually I don't: I've seen United spend bucket-loads over the last 3 seasons, yet finish outside of the top 4 twice. In any case, our money is mostly going on building a new stadium complex.

It's much more satisfying to spend £4m on the likes of Alli or £5m on the likes of Dier - and see them blossom - than spend a ridiculous sum on the likes of Pogba ... particularly when you've already let him go once.

Acquire Me

He is overrated, a lot of people think that he is the perfect midfielder, some even said that he was arguably the all round best midfielder in the world, which he isn't. Pogba is a good player with great potential.
People may be very excited about him, being so good at his age and a top top player in the world. Over-rated is a poor choice of words, when most people rate him because he is one of the best already and should be much better.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Mike Conley (Memphis Grizzlies...USA Basketball team) just signed a $150 million dollar contract to make him the highest paid NBA player.

I'd argue he's not even top five in HIS POSITION in the NBA. It doesn't matter though.

IT DOESN'T MATTER THE COST IF THERE IS NO LEAGUE CAP.

The Reds aren't hindered by spending even 150 million on Pogba. If you get him, he's immediately the best midfielder on your team.

Yeah, you still need a box to box mid to play beside him, and you need a center back to help your team defend, but those two positions are still going to be addressed because there is no cap.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No, actually I don't: I've seen United spend bucket-loads over the last 3 seasons, yet finish outside of the top 4 twice. In any case, our money is mostly going on building a new stadium complex.

It's much more satisfying to spend £4m on the likes of Alli or £5m on the likes of Dier - and see them blossom - than spend a ridiculous sum on the likes of Pogba ... particularly when you've already let him go once.
That was mismanagement (regarding the finishes) and last season we finished same points as.....City..who are one of the clubs who ruined the market. Glaston, the most satisfying thing is bringing through youth - which we have. Last season over 10 kids made their debut with one going the Euro's. It all evens itself out if you balance purchases with kids. Look how much United bought Schmichael, Cantona, Irwin, Ole etc etc in the past. However, it's important to keep these players so as to build. Actually I'm wrong, Mcnair went with Northern Ireland.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
He is overrated, a lot of people think that he is the perfect midfielder, some even said that he was arguably the best all round midfielder in the world, which he isn't. Pogba is a good player with great potential.
This. He is a great player and all but c'mon. He is quite one dimensional and isn't at all complete. He has potential to be complete but at the moment he isn't there yet.

Modric, Busquets and Vidal are better then him currently. There are more but they are all older then him (Bar Verratti who is the standout of his generation in my opinion)

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers

You're right.

Good thing Rashford, Lingard and Fosu Mensah are still on the squad and blossoming.

The ridiculous spend is because United were stupid to let him go in the first place. At least the chance is there to bring him home.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People may be very excited about him, being so good at his age and a top top player in the world. Over-rated is a poor choice of words, when most people rate him because he is one of the best already and should be much better.
He is rated over his real level and therefore he is overrated. We use that expression in that context for everyone, there is no reason to beat around the bush because it's Pogba.

It's not a big deal, it's not an insult and it's not a life sentence.

Last edited:

RetroStu

Too much salt will give you a heart attack, you know that right?

Acquire Me

He is rated over is real level and therefore he is overrated. We use that expression in that context for everyone, there is no reason to beat around the bush because it's Pogba.

It's not a big deal, it's not insult and it's not a life sentence.
I know. I rate you as a poster, I just think its a bit unfair on Pogba that the word over-rated is used by so many people. That said, I do agree on everything you said.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Not if United win the league it isn't, unless you're really into that type of thing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

For us United fans, watching Pogba succeed here would be sweeter than what you describe of Alli or Dier. He's our kid, plucked from Le Havre at 16 and blossomed through our U18s and U21s. We knew how good he could be and after being mishandled by Ferguson we apparently lost the pleasure of watching him succeed here.

I can promise you that if that mistake is rectified and we get the star of our youth teams back, for whatever price, it will be twice as sweet watching him play and grow for us.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
He's not overrated just like Kane isn't shite by being out performed by an 18 year old with little experience in comparison ;) (at the Euros). As for the second point, you noticed I said Kane was a great player? ...I'm guessing I and many others have seen Pogba far more then you so know his potential? So when we say he's potentially a great player, that's what we mean :) So you can stop hiding behind he's over rated - when really, you just hate United and are wumming.
I'm sorry, but it's stupid to spend £100m on "potential". Yes, he's a good player, but there are plenty of them around.

From what I've seen, he can be very good at driving forward, is a decent passer, is physically big and strong, has a good long-range shot and has plenty of fancy flicks and tricks. But for £100m I'd expect an indisputably world-class player who takes games by the scruff the neck and imposes themselves on it. And more, I'd expect a player who works their socks off and is full of energy.

From what I've seen, Pogba goes missing too often, and for all his tricks and flicks, too often has little actual impact on games. I'd almost go so far as to call him a luxury player - capable of brilliance at times, but far from being a reliable performer. Worth a punt at £40m maybe, if a club has that sort of money to spare and a position to fill, but £100m is just silly.

Rob67

I don't understand peoples problem with fees. When it works out, people forget the price because the value goes up. Prices are going up. We were mocked about Martial - but he changed many peoples minds after his first game. Not every purchase can be a bargain or for the 'right' price. Sometimes you have to pay more then you would like. If you are going to do latter, it has to be for a player who can play a vital role and Pogba is one of those players. He's NOT the finished article. We know this. The Italian league is not what it once was. He's still young enough for us to mold him into a top midfielder. Also, the players don't think like most supporters. If we sign Pogba - it improves everyone around him and especially the midfielders because there would be fewer places to fight for but it gives people confidence when intent is shown.
Absolutely 100% spot on. I couldn't give a rats ass how much a player costs as long as a. He improves our team and b. We can afford it.
Even if we sign Pogba for 100 million, he will prove our team and we can afford it.

RetroStu

I very much doubt the quoted prices are right anyway, its just paper bollocks regardless of what Journo's say.
The 'real world' deal will be something like 50-60mil + a ton of extras like if he becomes US president in his time here, or if he becomes the white Pele etc.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know. I rate you as a poster, I just think its a bit unfair on Pogba that the word over-rated is used by so many people. That said, I do agree on everything you said.
Thanks.:nervous:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'm sorry, but it's stupid to spend £100m on "potential". Yes, he's a good player, but there are plenty of them around.

From what I've seen, he can be very good at driving forward, is a decent passer, is physically big and strong, has a good long-range shot and has plenty of fancy flicks and tricks. But for £100m I'd expect an indisputably world-class player who takes games by the scruff the neck and imposes themselves on it. And more, I'd expect a player who works their socks off and is full of energy.

From what I've seen, Pogba goes missing too often, and for all his tricks and flicks, too often has little actual impact on games. I'd almost go so far as to call him a luxury player - capable of brilliance at times, but far from being a reliable performer. Worth a punt at £40m maybe, if a club has that sort of money to spare and a position to fill, but £100m is just silly.
It's potential that we are well aware about considering we've had the player and know first hand his potential. You've described a certain type of player but very few players are finished article at 23. What you need to understand is it's a sellers market. So we will pay more then what would be ideal BUT we weigh that up amongst other options and should we feel - that over the next 5 years there will be no better option, we'll pay what it takes

RetroStu

Why are rival fans trrying to play down this deal (not that i think the deal is happening anyway) with such passion?, are they scared or something, or jelous that they can't spend like us because thye are paper clubs or badly run clubs?.

Cathy Ferguson

Maybe a silly and unrealistic comparison, but I would rather be spending 80m on Kroos and Niguez than Pogba.

Pogba would be a great signing but I'm afraid we would need to sign one more CM.

Enigma_87

You know who

Depends on what the goals are. If you aim at top four finish like Spurs and can afford to miss out it's ok to have seasons winning nothing(in Spurs case 1 league cup in 25 years). If you are looking at challenging for the title and going deep in Europe you need to spend. Look at Barca, Real and basically every team that won the Prem bar Leicester.

GJNJ

Maybe a silly and unrealistic comparison, but I would rather be spending 80m on Kroos and Niguez than Pogba.

Pogba would be a great signing but I'm afraid we would need to sign one more CM.
Kroos and Niguez would cost more than 80m and they aren't available.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why are rival fans trrying to play down this deal (not that i think the deal is happening anyway) with such passion?, are they scared or something, or jelous that they can't spend like us because thye are paper clubs or badly run clubs?.
They are gutted. Missing out on the Champions League was supposed to ruin us, while for teams like Spurs it was the new order.

RetroStu

They are gutted. Missing out on the Champions League was supposed to ruin us, while for teams like Spurs it was the new order.
More fool them then, we make too much money and are too big to collapse after 2 or 3 dodgy seasons. It would happen to City and Chelsea and other paper clubs but not a club as big as us.
Idiots.

red thru&thru

The guys who keep going on about Pogba not being able to control, are getting this transfer wrong! We don't need a controlling midfielder. We never lost control of a game last year, besides one or two, such as the Arsenal game away.

We need someone who can create that moment of magic, to unlock a defence. This is what he provides!

Lee Sharpe Corner Royale

In a world where £30 million fails to buy Troy Deeney anything less than £100 million for Paul Pogba represents good value for money. If the answers to the following questions are yes

Will Juve sell?
Does Paul want to come back?

Then we should sign him up.

Not only would it be a stella signing, homecoming & statement of intent we go from a team of having one certified world class player (Dave) to four (Zlatan, Miki & Paul) in one window. Add a world class manager and four kids (Rash, Tony, Luke, TFM) with genuine WC potential would make us clear favourites for the PL and truely competitive when we get back into the Champions League

When you think of the money the last two managerial morons have slashed up the wall on average players, players that were either not right for the league, did not want to play here, or did not have the 'right stuff' to generally compete when the going got tough its a no brainer.

We have fallen so far behind Barca and Madrid that some decisive and substantial investment is required. So far Jose has got it spot on IMO and I would rather the money we spend week in and week out supporting the club was properly invested in the level of entertainment we as loyal fans receive. From purely a business / customer prospective the club owe us big time after a very poor post Ferguson period.

£100 million! I for one think Paul has what it takes to be the best player in the world in the next five years and I would be loathed to see him do that at Madrid. We're Manchester United, the biggest club in the world - not one of THE biggest! It's amazing that we have stated believing this again with the progress made post LVG, it would be great though to see us properly get our balls out and slap them on the Euro elite table and remind everyone who they are dealing with

the hea

I don't think we need more than one midfielder right now, If players like Herrera, Shweini and Rooney don't perform next season then sure we can buy, but right now one high quality midfielder should be enough.

Schneiderlin/Carrick
Pogba/Herrera Rooney/Schweinsteiger
Then you also have Pereira, Fosu-Mensah and Fellaini.

RetroStu

Everton want £50mil for Stones, it kind of puts this Pogba 'deal' into perspective.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't rate any of those midfielderseeking long term. Rooney is average at best, BFS and Carrick are old and injured a lot and on the decline and Herrerra is the Spanish Oscar.

Perfectly speaking, I think Pogba would work well in a midfield at United. I just think he is wildly overrated on this forum and people are blinded by his highlights moments rather then his overall contribution.

Also, I think you could build a better side with that money then spunking it on Pogba.
You make it sound like every United fan is like this. It's split 50/50 not only on the Caf, but amongst most football fans that people think he's either currently overrated but has great potential, and people thinking he's already the best. Personally, I think he's very overrated and, despite the contrary, a lot of other United fans feel that way, too.

Though, if we do buy him for a record fee and he does go on to fulfill his potential, I am sure not one United fan will give a damn about his transfer fee. Let's hope that's the case.

GJNJ

From the comments on this forum i would hazard a guess that the general feeling is (or at the very least my opinion):-

Is pogba the best midfield player in the world, no but has potential to be one of them.

Is he worth £100m (we don't even know what the fee would be yet, just journo talk)? No.

Do you think Pogba will come this season? Not likely

Would you take Pogba for £100m? Yes

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
From the comments on this forum i would hazard a guess that the general feeling is (or at the very least my opinion):-

Is pogba the best midfield player in the world, no but has potential to be one of them.

Is he worth £100m (we don't even know what the fee would be yet, just journo talk)? No.

Do you think Pogba will come this season? Not likely

Would you take Pogba for £100m? Yes
If a club put 100M on the table for Pogba, Juve would accept.

prateik

They'd accept 75m too.. Just think of all the games they could fix with that sort of money.

Coops73

Everton want £50mil for Stones, it kind of puts this Pogba 'deal' into perspective.
Yeah but I think we can already see that buying from a prem club is going to be very difficult/pricey at the mo and in fact the rest of the world is probably looking over here and rubbing their hands.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
How much did David Luiz go to PSG for? And people think the fee for Pogba is crazy? Raheem Sterling for £49m as well, this guy is better than both these players and with the way the market is at the minute and the money available in the EPL the fee is going to be inevitably high.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Forgot to add, if we do keep bringing these players over to the club, then sponsors and fans around the World will be wanting to come over even more. Recouping the initial outlay can be done so long as he signs a 5 year deal with an option for an extra year for us to activate.

Imagine he left us for free again, how rude. (Providing he comes)

Sparky Rhiwabon

One of the best central midfielders in the world with the potential to become the best and possibly even the best player in the world - yes please! But I still suspect he'll end up at Madrid not us

Shark

@NotShark
What is all this about buying "potential" he's already past that and is an established world class player and is getting better. No matter what you think about the fee we are not talking about potential.
That's just Glaston bring Glaston.

GJNJ

If a club put 100M on the table for Pogba, Juve would accept.
You would have thought so.

Probably the most important question are one we can't answer.

Are Real going to go in for him this season?
If not does Pogba want to wait a season or two for Real or Barcelona to put up the cash for him or go to United now? I'm sure if he wants to wait for them the he will get a new contract at Juve with a buyout clause.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
How much did David Luiz go to PSG for? And people think the fee for Pogba is crazy? Raheem Sterling for £49m as well, this guy is better than both these players and with the way the market is at the minute and the money available in the EPL the fee is going to be inevitably high.
How is that a point? the world collectively laughed at the David Luiz transfer and others and haven't stopped laughing since. So... because other teams allowed themselves to be bent over to the tune of 50mill we should be eager to pay 100mill!