Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
How is that a point? the world collectively laughed at the David Luiz transfer and others and haven't stopped laughing since. So... because other teams allowed themselves to be bent over to the tune of 50mill we should be eager to pay 100mill!
How is not a point? I'm pointing out how much players have been costing over the years and even with David Luiz, he had a good season with Chelsea before moving to PSG. Yes the fee wasn't a true reflection of his real value but its the value clubs have on players they don't want to sell. Same with Raheem Sterling, Liverpool didn't want to sell him and thus the price was £49m, for potential and after a good season. I'm not saying we should be eager to pay £100m, but the guy is a class player and we aren't paying for potential or just one good last season.

Litch

Don't know how much he's worth in today's money but would be good to buy a player that's coverted by many of the big teams, than buy one that surplus to their requirement. Sends a big message to teams that we can attract big names again.

Last edited:

Bratt

You're a funny guy. Keep 'em coming.

Haven't kept track, has @Acquire Me spoken about this transfer?
Yes he have actually, here you go:
Okay, I got some information on Paul Pogba. Its not a done deal, so dont get to excited, but the interest is 100% genuine. And, we are the front leaders, before Real Madrid. United are going to show the football world that we are above all others and that we can kill off all competition. The Hollywood player is very much alive.

Oo0AahCantona

Lets not feck around here, that 100m or whatever the ballpark whilst astronomical, would be the total potential fee, it will structured in some way similar to the leaked martial contract as i would imagine most contracts are. The club doesn't just wire in 100m into juventus' bank account :lol: imagine if he breaks his leg a week later, insurance only covers so much.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
That's just Glaston bring Glaston.
On the contrary, there are have been several posts from United fans citing Pogba in terms of "potential". The notion that he's currently an established world class player is silly: he isn't.

RetroStu

On the contrary, there are have been several posts from United fans citing Pogba in terms of "potential". The notion that he's currently an established world class player is silly: he isn't.
Eh?, i think Pogba is worldclass, and i don't even think we are getting him so its not bias talking.

GJNJ

Depends on how world class is defined.

cyberman

If i gave you a choice between 15m for Wanyama or 80m for Pogba which would you choose? That 80m is out of vast resources so your other targets wouldn't suffer, you could easily afford it.
Whatever your decision is goes.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
What is all this about buying "potential" he's already past that and is an established world class player and is getting better. No matter what you think about the fee we are not talking about potential.
We are still talking about potential as he's not the finished article.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Christ alive, can you imagine what Glaston would be like if Pogba was being linked with a £100m move to Spuds.
Yes, insufferable I should imagine. Just like he is when Pogba is linked with a £100m move to United.

fezzerUTD

I don't think we need more than one midfielder right now, If players like Herrera, Shweini and Rooney don't perform next season then sure we can buy, but right now one high quality midfielder should be enough.

Schneiderlin/Carrick
Pogba/Herrera Rooney/Schweinsteiger
Then you also have Pereira, Fosu-Mensah and Fellaini.

Schneiderlin isnt a holding midfielder mate, he struggles when playing there. Hes more box to box than a holding midfielder.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Duncan castles the mouthpeice for mou says he is available for 80 million euros. That is about 64 million pounds. That is good deal. Not long ago juve had a talasmanic frenchmen who was bought by real madrid for a world record fee at that time and he went down in history as one of the best players ever. I would pay that amount and more for pogba as he can reach a similar level. I just hope we can buy bonucci too give them 100 million take both of them.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
He will go to real
If he'd rather play ball for them, good. Personally...if Real were paying 110 million and United were paying 100 million...would I want to live 5 years in Spain...or live 5 years in Manchester?

Mind...I've already lived in Manchester and have friends in Manchester. I know all the best hangouts in Manchester. I'd be playing and marketed by the largest football organization in the world... and I'd (arguably) be considered the best player on the team.

I'd go to Madrid if I preferred their weather and their women. Otherwise, ManUtd all day er day.

Comfort is a big thing. People didn't think Lebron would choose to go back to Cleveland.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
If i gave you a choice between 15m for Wanyama or 80m for Pogba which would you choose? That 80m is out of vast resources so your other targets wouldn't suffer, you could easily afford it.
Whatever your decision is goes.
You are not comparing like with like. Wanyama is a DM, who has been brought in for squad cover/competition for Dier. Once Dembele is back from his suspension I doubt Wanyama will be a first XI starter. Pogba is not a DM and would be expected to be in your best XI. And in any case we already have Alli. If Spurs had £80m to spend I could think of dozens of better ways than spending it than spending it on Pogba.

Vast resources or not, £80m would still be £80m not available for other players - so of course other targets would suffer. It's the delusion of United fans that your money is endless, especially when you've spent vast sums since Fergie left and will be missing out on CL income for the 2nd time in 3 years.

PS. Wanyama was 10.8m, not £15m.

cyberman

You are not comparing like with like. Wanyama is a DM, who has been brought in for squad cover/competition for Dier. Once Dembele is back from his suspension I doubt Wanyama will be a first XI starter. Pogba is not a DM and would be expected to be in your best XI. And in any case we already have Alli. If Spurs had £80m to spend I could think of dozens of better ways than spending it than spending it on Pogba.

Vast resources or not, £80m would still be £80m not available for other players - so of course other targets would suffer. It's the delusion of United fans that your money is endless, especially when you've spent vast sums since Fergie left and will be missing out on CL income for the 2nd time in 3 years.

So that's a yes?
Here's a better question then. Would Pogba get into the Spurs side?
Again you don't know the United budget, we have signed 3 players before bidding for Pogba so we're not scraping the bottom of our budget for this.

ChaddyP

you guys fall for the wum everytime, feed the troll and this always happens. Just ignore. Its what i do

AndyJ1985

If we buy Pogba then obviously we want him more than we want "other targets" so your argument is irrelevant. The people who run our club know far better than you do what our budget is and how much we can allocate on the players we want. If we only want one midfielder then buying Pogba won't affect any other midfield targets will it? If all we want this summer is 5 players and we buy all 5 of them, including Pogba, then once again spending £80m won't have affected us getting other targets.

Bottom line is your logic is completely flawed because you have no idea who we're after and how much we can spend.

dove

If he'd rather play ball for them, good. Personally...if Real were paying 110 million and United were paying 100 million...would I want to live 5 years in Spain...or live 5 years in Manchester?

Mind...I've already lived in Manchester and have friends in Manchester. I know all the best hangouts in Manchester. I'd be playing and marketed by the largest football organization in the world... and I'd (arguably) be considered the best player on the team.

I'd go to Madrid if I preferred their weather and their women. Otherwise, ManUtd all day er day.

Comfort is a big thing. People didn't think Lebron would choose to go back to Cleveland.
Real just won 2 champions league titles in 3 years. Meanwhile we are just trying to get back to winning ways and missed CL 2 years out of 3. If he wants to win titles, Real is a much better option now. Yes, we got Mourinho and it looks like we might be back on track again but there are no guarantees. He might want to choose a 'safe' option.

RedStarUnited

Duncan castles the mouthpeice for mou says he is available for 80 million euros. That is about 64 million pounds. That is good deal. Not long ago juve had a talasmanic frenchmen who was bought by real madrid for a world record fee at that time and he went down in history as one of the best players ever. I would pay that amount and more for pogba as he can reach a similar level. I just hope we can buy bonucci too give them 100 million take both of them.
80 is the starting price - he says 80m minimum.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
So that's a yes?
Here's a better question then. Would Pogba get into the Spurs side?
Again you don't know the United budget, we have signed 3 players before bidding for Pogba so we're not scraping the bottom of our budget for this.
No, it's not a yes: I've already said that if Spurs had £80m to spend I could think of dozens of better ways than spending it than spending it on Pogba.

Pogba would certainly be given every chance to stake his claim to a starting spot. However, you forget that Spurs midfield is better than United's. Your midfield need is greater than ours.

Sooner or later the financial chickens come home to roost. If you spend a vast sum of Pogba then down the line that money is not available for other players and/or wages.

ChaddyP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...end-world-record-fee-Paul-Pogba-Juventus.html

Manchester United have moved a step closer to making Paul Pogba the first £100million footballer by telling his club Juventus they will pay a world-record transfer fee for the 23-year-old French superstar.
Four years after losing Pogba for nothing, United are prepared to break the bank to back their new manager Jose Mourinho, who will be unveiled in front of the world's media on Tuesday.
The Glazer family are desperate to restore United's reputation as the most popular club in Europe despite missing out on the Champions League for the second time in three years.

They have already signed legendary striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who was out of contract at Paris Saint-Germain, and sanctioned £65m for Mourinho to sign defender Eric Bailly and Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
But the promised eye-catching purchase will be Pogba, who will star in Sunday's final Euro 2016 quarter-final for hosts France against Iceland.
Juventus have demanded a nine-figure sum for their talisman which has scared off United's rivals Real Madrid, PSG and Manchester City.
But the Old Trafford club – who are less affected by financial fairplay rules because of their huge commercial revenues – are prepared to pay a price that will smash the £86m paid by Real Madrid for Gareth Bale in 2013, and hand Pogba £250,000 a week.

cyberman

No, it's not a yes: I've already said that if Spurs had £80m to spend I could think of dozens of better ways than spending it than spending it on Pogba.

Pogba would certainly be given every chance to stake his claim to a starting spot. However, you forget that Spurs midfield is better than United's. Your midfield need is greater than ours.

Sooner or later the financial chickens come home to roost. If you spend a vast sum of Pogba then down the line that money is not available for other players and/or wages.
Pogba starts for Juve not United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

FFS I've read it all now, he walks into Spurs midfield ffs, yes Uniteds too. He would start for any club in football. None of Dier Dembele or Alli are better than Pogba

Last edited:

mbb8

FFS I've read it all now, he walks into Spurs midfield ffs, yes Uniteds too. He would start for any club in football. None of Dier Dembele or Ali are better than Pogba
:lol: Pogba is not better than Ali.

Striker10

Pogba is more established. Both are still young. It's a pointless conversation isn't it? Pogba is a different type of player. Alli will be starting his second season with spurs so let's see if he can get similar figures

Hed Zitin

Not that I have any hope of him coming back, but I hope that will convince Jose to use Darmian as a part of any negotiations.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
Real just won 2 champions league titles in 3 years. Meanwhile we are just trying to get back to winning ways and missed CL 2 years out of 3. If he wants to win titles, Real is a much better option now. Yes, we got Mourinho and it looks like we might be back on track again but there are no guarantees. He might want to choose a 'safe' option.
Uh...then he'd stay where he's at? No?

Seriously.
What is with this apparent draw to a team that will probably win their championship even if he DIDN'T go to them? It's one thing if Real spends 50 million more to get me. I ain't passing up that money.

HIS agent just got two of his other client's jobs in Manchester.

I'd put $$$ on Pogba coming to Manchester over Real if Juventus are willing to sell him.

Ixion

Pogba is absolutely better thn Ali. Surely it's only fans in England that could think that's not the case?

Striker10

Ali beat Louis and Frazer and Foreman. What has Pogba done, the shit!
When you ask a question, you are meant to use a question mark no? :) Pogbas been part of 4 championships with Juventus. This is more for Glaston btw heh

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I don't get this. Is this you sarcastically laughing at that dude suggesting Pogba wouldn't walk into Spurs midfield(because he believes the likes of Ali are better) or it's simply you genuinely saying that Pogba isn't better than Ali.

Just want some clarification :p

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Feeding to a shite troll has ruined many pages today. Somebody checking thread after long time may think there is significant update given thread has moved so many pages only to find in the end that Alli is said to be better than Pogba. At least it will give that poster a good laugh.