Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

elnorte

Freaky fly day
There's been a nagging doubt in my mind through the whole thing, and I've said it plenty of times, it's all just been a bit odd.

Nothing more to say now really until he turns up in either Manchester or Turin.
Fair enough. At least you didn't say Madrid.

LouisDanGaal

What I like most about this thread is people being 100% confident its already happened, we have signed him apparently but I guess I must have somehow missed it.

Judas

Open to offers
What I like most about this thread is people being 100% confident its already happened, we have signed him apparently but I guess I must have somehow missed it.
This sort of post to me is daft, a shed load of stuff has clearly gone on behind the scenes, the deal is clearly far advanced, hence why Jose speaks like he does, and so many in the media speak like they do about the transfer.

SammyUnited_83

Well if we believe reports, the paperwork is being prepared now for signing. Why would we announce anything before signing? Chill out
Well I don't believe reports.

Even Duncan Castles who seems to have the inside track on this said it would be done before last weekend.

The Italian journos have said it would be announced every day this week and Sky said he would fly today. All have been wrong (well barring sky but they havent mentioned it since so I presume it's bs).

His holiday has ended, the excuses for delaying this are drying up. Leads me to believe the BBC guy who said he was told there still was no deal.

If we were just down to final paperwork and that everything was agreed, surley they could just make an announcment.

I expect we will hear something today / tomorrow unless we have hit a hitch.

Red Bug

If you don't think this is going to happen now surely it's just a touch of paranoia or anxiety rather than rational thought?

I can be pessimistic myself but even I know this is 99% done now.

Pogba will wear the red of Utd next season unless something extremely drastic happens.

LouisDanGaal

This sort of post to me is daft, a shed load of stuff has clearly gone on behind the scenes, the deal is clearly far advanced, hence why Jose speaks like he does, and so many in the media speak like they do about the transfer.
Agree its probably very advanced, that's it, people literally just guessing that its all done and taken care of is what is daft. Just like the people who think we are just waiting for the right time to announce as if its all a strategy, not like juve would announce they've sold him straight away which they obviously would.

Acole9

Outstanding
The wait hasn't been as long as Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy to be released though! That'll take some beating...

SammyUnited_83

In fairness you should never be %100 confident. As we all know things could change regardless of what is going on begins the scenes.

I agree that Jose's words were very reassuring, didn't Fergie mention Lucas Moura in an interview when we were interested.

Fergie on Lucas.
"We haven't reached an agreement for the player. We've shown an interest but until such time as we get a deal agreed we can't say he's our player."

Last edited:

podurban2

Let them be gloomy, I think they prefer it that way. Until it's done and dusted some will tend to be rather unbearable. Just relax and enjoy the finish line.

SammyUnited_83

Let them be gloomy, I think they prefer it that way. Until it's done and dusted some will tend to be rather unbearable. Just relax and enjoy the finish line.
That's bull.

As the poster above mentioned, it's probably going to happen but it isn't done otherwise Juve would have announced.

The excuses are drying up for a delay of announcement.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Perhaps we really were very close to agreeing a deal with Juventus a couple of weeks ago when it was reported but we couldn't get the deal done and they had a change of mind? I really doubt that a deal that was agreed over a week ago would still be kept a secret by both clubs, makes zero sense.

LouisDanGaal

Perhaps we really were very close to agreeing a deal with Juventus a couple of weeks ago when it was reported but we couldn't get the deal done and they had a change of mind? I really doubt that a deal that was agreed over a week ago would still be kept a secret by both clubs, makes zero sense.
There is absolutely no reason Juve wouldn't announce immediately, I don't think the lack of news is because its fallen through but more like pogba has some forms such as the termination of contract to sign at juventus kind of thing, maybe that will happen over the weekend then announcement

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
This talk about sponsers and whatever preparing for the biggest event evaaaa is bs. If it was as done as believed, Juve would have said feck your plans of grandeur and announced already in the way Dortmund did a week before we were ready to announce.

Sarni

There is absolutely no reason Juve wouldn't announce immediately, I don't think the lack of news is because its fallen through but more like pogba has some forms such as the termination of contract to sign at juventus kind of thing, maybe that will happen over the weekend then announcement
I think we are still in negotiations but due to the size of transfer and Juventus being reluctant to sell, it's getting difficult. I'd probably expect this to be done in around 2 weeks but won't be surprised at all if the transfer window passes by and Pog is still a Juve player.

midnightmare

I'm a massive fan of Modric also but they are completely different players. Modric to me is like a later Scholes or Pirlo in the sense they control the tempo/rythem of the team. Where Pogba is more like a Gerrard type in the sense that he will do the spectacular but often go missing for periods in the game. £100m is laughable but if United want to sign the top talent to get back to the top of the tree. Then this is what they have to do by bidding high to block other interest until they are back in champions league finals and a more attractive proposition for the top top players all who want champions league football.
On a side note with the fee being absurd. When you look at other transfers say Troy Deeney £35m + then in relation to this the £100m looks money well spent.
This discussion on valuation is something I just don't get. People seem to have a massively distorted view of the game thanks to Ronaldo. So, just for the sake of it, let's go slightly further back in the game. Before Ronaldo (let's forget the pesky Kaka fee), Zidane was the most expensive player in the world. He cost Real Madrid GBP 57 Mn at the age of 29. He only ever scored 10 or more league goals in a season once (for Bordeaux in 1992-93). His season-high for goals scored was 12 (across all competitions). Here's the context:

Resale value: 0
Real Madrid income (from Deloitte Money League) in 2000/01: 138 Mn Euros
That figure today stands at 577 Mn Euros

Before Zidane, the record-holder was Figo. He had a nearly identical scoring record to Zidane.

My point is that people have got this massively mistaken idea that clubs pay / should pay for players based on the goal-scoring prowess alone. Fact is, this view has been massively distorted by Ronaldo's (and Messi's) goal-scoring exploits. Take them aside and you'll realise that before these guys, a player who scored 20+ a season was a phenomenon. 25 in the league? That was considered a minor miracle.

When you look at Pogba, he's (at just 23) scoring as many as Zidane was scoring (for the same club) when Madrid made their move. As a % of revenues, the proposed fee is dwarfed by what Madrid paid for both Zidane and Figo.

Even for United (mentioned long time ago on this same thread), fee as % of revenue will not be the highest for Pogba (Rio and Veron will remain higher). Those above him in the table were not goalscorers either.

Hmm... just glad to have got that off my chest. Irritates me no end when rival fans start this rubbish... Maddens me when some of our lot do the same!

Mani

I think we would hear more echo's by end of community shield and this could be wrapped by Monday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This talk about sponsers and whatever preparing for the biggest event evaaaa is bs. If it was as done as believed, Juve would have said feck your plans of grandeur and announced already in the way Dortmund did a week before we were ready to announce.
That makes no difference. There is no "surprise" to this transfer, the press all know about it.

It's about announcing him at our sponsored training ground, with our sponsored shirts and sponsored press rooms with cameras all on him.

Just announcing it one night with no photos with him and the shirt etc would be a complete waste.

Acquire Me

I'm getting fed up now. I preferred the old days when transfers came out of nowhere like Andy Cole and Cantona
Well, you could just sit down and relax a bit. This is done. Its just not official. I am sure you will know when it is :)

LouisDanGaal

I think we are still in negotiations but due to the size of transfer and Juventus being reluctant to sell, it's getting difficult. I'd probably expect this to be done in around 2 weeks but won't be surprised at all if the transfer window passes by and Pog is still a Juve player.
2 weeks? I think we have been in negotiations for a while, I would say within a week this will end either way, can't imagine it dragging out much longer after he flies back to Italy.

Sarni

2 weeks? I think we have been in negotiations for a while, I would say within a week this will end either way, can't imagine it dragging out much longer after he flies back to Italy.
Yep I reckon if it gets done, it will be very close to the deadline day.

Hans Moleman

Every page some tiresome dullard has to announce to everyone they are bored with it all. Whose fault is that? You consume the media by constantly visiting here, following rumours on twitter, frantically refreshing the BBC, tuning into Sky Sports News, then have the audacity to moan that you're getting too much news. Just feck off and go for a walk or something. Anybody who has the sheer temerity to moan they are sick of this transfer and aren't even that fussed anymore deserves having their chin put through a wall.

Can't fecking wait for Pogba to rock up at OT :cool: