Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I know exactly what his game is. I'm asking what other people will be expecting, hence "are people", I know what I'm expecting.
Only thing that would worry me is he's played very deep and not allowed to get forward since that would tactically set him up to fail. Like any other player, he needs to adapt to the pace of the league. I'm not really expecting him to perform at the same level he did at Juventus from day 1.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I hope Jose gives him an extra 2 weeks off, a la Zlatan, just to see the reaction in here if he's back in New York after signing next week..! :lol:

"Lazy cnut!"

Judas

Open to offers
If we play him deep I don't know why we're buying him, I think one day he'll be able to play there, but that's not his position now. He could play there in home games against lesser teams if he's got full licence to basically do whatever he pleases.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Who the feck is Drake? I thought he was dead.

They will save the announcement for Monday to cheer us up in case Leicester beat us.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I know some will dispute it, but I'd say Pogba would be our first prime "World Class" player since Ronaldo left.

23 years old and would be a natural starter for any club or country in the World currently.

RvP was maybe closest to it in between, but was 29 and perhaps just at the brow of his peak
De Gea?

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Who the feck is Drake? I thought he was dead.

Drake is the best gift to music humanity has ever received.

I'm sure Mourinho isn't spending 100m on a player just to play him in a position in which he will fail.

Salfordlad70

Mourinho's words and Zlatans's knowing smile. Minus the paperwork, this is done. It surely can't be anything but. We've been let down before with some high profile signings but this is an exception. Maybe this will change our future business deals regarding players? It could be a major turning point in our fortunes on and off tbe field. Mourinho and Woody could really work together and CL football next year and we're no longer a project. Let's enjoy the CS tomorrow and look forward to Pogba joining us, whether there's an announcement today or on Monday. We should all be happy right now.

C'est Moi Cantona

Surely, unless this has all been some sort of elaborate wind up then he has to be in Manchester this weekend, and if so then this thread should liven up very soon.

I still have my doubts over this happening, but hopefully that's only because of the scars from previous times I've been burnt with our transfers.

SammyUnited_83

Surely, unless this has all been some sort of elaborate wind up then he has to be in Manchester this weekend, and if so then this thread should liven up very soon.

I still have my doubts over this happening, but hopefully that's only because of the scars from previous times I've been burnt with our transfers.
Agreed. Everything points to that so surely we will get some official news soon.

If he isn't here by Monday however...

reelworld

I'm a massive fan of Modric also but they are completely different players. Modric to me is like a later Scholes or Pirlo in the sense they control the tempo/rythem of the team. Where Pogba is more like a Gerrard type in the sense that he will do the spectacular but often go missing for periods in the game. £100m is laughable but if United want to sign the top talent to get back to the top of the tree. Then this is what they have to do by bidding high to block other interest until they are back in champions league finals and a more attractive proposition for the top top players all who want champions league football.
On a side note with the fee being absurd. When you look at other transfers say Troy Deeney £35m + then in relation to this the £100m looks money well spent.
tbf, that's exactly what Scholes and Pirlo at 22 is. Both player become the more recognizable playmaking version years into their careers. I do think Pogba has the talent to become that kind of player. But his dynamism is a massive part of his game, I don't think we'll see that part of his game until much later

red thru&thru

You cannot compare Pogba to players who currently play. If you are going to compare him, it would be with someone like Zizou. Has the flair and touch as him.

Of course, people will compare my above comment between the peak of Zidane to the current Pogba. All I will say to that is, Pogba is ahead of Zidane of the same age. IIRC, Zidane moved to Juve when he was 23 and then to Real when he was about 28? I'm sure I will be corrected on this but hopefully you'll get the just of the post.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Would like to think United will be doing a 'Its Zlatan Time' clip with Pogba like a 'Guess who's back' or 'I'm back' #Pogback kinda thing
Surely a better song would be...

Guess who's back, back again
Shady's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Would like to think United will be doing a 'Its Zlatan Time' clip with Pogba like a 'Guess who's back' or 'I'm back' #Pogback kinda thing
They will simply stick to #PogbaIsRed.

Chip

This is just like waiting for the Frank Ocean album. It will probably never be announced.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So beeing fed up of all the will he , wont he sign.
If this was happening at any other club we would be laughing !
Sick to death of the Pogba roadshow
I guess that must make me a muppet then.
Genuinely I was kidding. I wasn't trying to insult you and just thought of it as harmless but also kind of fitting in the context of this loopy thread.

SammyUnited_83

Logically speaking it seems it could have been announced many times.
Agreed.

That's what just makes me think that something doesn't add up. Not being an anti muppet and want him to sign badly.

But there is a nagging doubt in my mind, to why this hasn't been announced. His holiday has ended now (today) so it just seems like we must hear something today / tomorrow latest.

JohnnyLaw

One thing I've always felt about Pogba, and maybe regular Serie A watchers can correct me, is that his game isn't as refined and assured as it should be. Whenever I watch him, his moments of class are obvious, some of his touches are trickery are superb. But he can also be very erratic at times. Unlike, say, Modric, who I think is the best midfielder around right now, and who is assured to a supreme degree in everything he does. With Modric you sort of know he has complete control over all his actions. That's why I found the 100 million tag funny when I first heard it. But we obviously believe he's about to make that step up soon. And he has to. For this big a fee, you need an elite player, and from what I've seen of Pogba, he's not quite there yet.
Kind of unfair to compare him to a 31(?) year old player. At 23 Pogba is at the age where alot of cms only start to emerge. Modric only moved to Tottenham at the same age, Yaya was still a year or two away from joining Barcelona I think, Vidal was about joining Juventus, Zidane was still at Bordeaux. I don't think Scholes was even playing in cm before turning 23.

Judas

Open to offers
I think for any other signing we might have put something out by now, but we literally want everything in place, be it photos or whatever, everything sorted before that first Pogba post.

VanGaalEra

We are so close (not to signing him, because that's been done for about two weeks), but to the actual announcement.

I'm hoping its announced today so everyone has a collective lift ahead of tomorrow.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If it was happening at any other club we wouldn't be discussing it as we'd see it as not worth any further discussion due to it being a total formality.
Yes I mentioned this earlier in the thread when comparing our reaction to the Eden Hazard transfer saga to that of the Chelsea fans over at the Shed End. Seems we're a particularly special bunch.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed.

That's what just makes me think that something doesn't add up. Not being an anti muppet and want him to sign badly.

But there is a nagging doubt in my mind, to why this hasn't been announced. His holiday has ended now (today) so it just seems like we must hear something today / tomorrow latest.
Well if we believe reports, the paperwork is being prepared now for signing. Why would we announce anything before signing? Chill out

C'est Moi Cantona

Agreed.

There's been a nagging doubt in my mind through the whole thing, and I've said it plenty of times, it's all just been a bit odd.

Nothing more to say now really until he turns up in either Manchester or Turin.