Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Stop wetting your pants, so fecking wimp. Of course the deal is done. Didn't you see Mourinho's presser yesterday? Haven't you read what Di Marzio stated a few days ago? Hope you're just wumming.
Just kidding. This is just the usual reaction. I don't think the deal is done - then it would've been announced.
Nearly got me with that white text you sneaky bastard :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm off to make pizza so Pogoff for a few ours. Would invite you all if you weren't so grumpy.

Walters_19_MuFc

Anyone else think Mourinho & Pogba's team will be pushing him to become a goalscoring midfielder like Lampard? I'm certain that's a key reason he's so desperate to join United.

He said this a couple of months ago back in April

He would be a global superstar that transcends sports like Ronaldo, Neymar, LeBron, Kobe, Messi, Jordan etc if he can score 20 goals every season like Lampard did with his God given talent, flair & Rockstar lifestyle.

Can see Mourinho building his team around him & giving him the freedom to get forward like he did with Lampard.
I doubt he'll be getting 20 goals a season like Lampard, as I assume Mourinho will play Pogba in a deeper role. Having said that, Pogba did play in the more advanced midfield role last season for Juventus and bagged 10 goals.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
What would investors do with knowing this? Afaik, No company informs it's day to day operations with shareholders irrespective of the size of the transaction.

I'm sure we could have asked juve to hold off on announcing. We probably want to milk the whole event announcing it with Pogba holding a United shirt like we did with di Maria. La stampa has reported that he wouldn't return to Italy anyway.
I don't know, it's a genuine question. I would have presumed that a company making a huge investment would be relevant to shareholders and the stock market.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
And Juve would just say 'ok, we'll wait for you'? Not to mention the fact that they have told him to head to Turin on monday.
Sure. The impression I get from this prospective deal is that Juve are fairly happy to cash in. They know keeping a super star like Pogba in Serie A in the long term is not realistic and feel the offer they're getting now is very good.

If both sides are on good terms, it's not unreasonable to believe that the announcement wishes of the team handing over ~£100m are to be respected.

Dortmund announced the Mkhi transfer around a week before United did. I'm sure United would've preferred if they'd waited. But that was a salty transfer from their pov. They desperately did not want to lose Mkhi but we had them bent over a barrel because of his contractual situation.

prath92

Why? Why does it matter if there's pictures of Pogba on the site when we announce it?
Clearly it does else we wouldn't delay announcing Zlatan till he came to United eventhough he announced it couple of days earlier. Same with mkhitariyan and Dortmund.

LouisDanGaal

:lol: Sure. At least some of it should of been directed at yourself instead but then there's always next time.
I know, I feel I was getting away with one because at the time there was only a couple of us thinking before posting and that sort of thing, a few have come out now

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Sure. The impression I get from this prospective deal is that Juve are fairly happy to cash in. They know keeping a super star like Pogba in Serie A in the long term is not realistic and feel the offer they're getting now is very good.

If both sides are on good terms, it's not unreasonable to believe that the announcement wishes of the team handing over ~£100m are to be respected.

Dortmund announced the Mkhi transfer around a week before United did. I'm sure United would've preferred if they'd waited. But that was a salty transfer from their pov. They desperately did not want to lose Mkhi but we had them bent over a barrel because of his contractual situation.
I prefer the salty transfers then

How I'd wish Juve would anounce it. I could care less when or how Pogba gets announced, just wish they would do it as soon as possible

LouisDanGaal

Because drafting a contract is a huge job in itself. And we probably want to announce it with a picture Pogba signing it. Instead of announcing that a deal is agreed and then later the pictures.
I don't think any contract has ever taken as long as this.

Xign

Have I missed something? There's a huge feeling of doom and gloom because Allegri never confirmed Pogba is leaving and said he would be expected back in training? It's hardly a death nail?

Ixion

I think we were basically so desperate to sign him we agreed to any demand including the world's longest holiday.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Have I missed something? There's a huge feeling of doom and gloom because Allegri never confirmed Pogba is leaving and said he would be expected back in training? It's hardly a death nail?
I think it's more to do with the fact that everyone that told us this was a done deal also told us he'd be here by now. And he's not. So how much of their claims was bullshit?

LouisDanGaal

Yeah the doom and gloom isn't people saying the deal is off and shut, its just pointing out if pogba is due in training tomorrow obviously the deal hasn't happened, the saga is still very much alive.

prath92

I don't know, it's a genuine question. I would have presumed that a company making a huge investment would be relevant to shareholders and the stock market.
I don't think it would be required. Majority shareholders are the glazers anyway so even if it is required they may have already informed them. Plus United shares are probably not that highly traded so it's unlikely to see a big surge anyway

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I know, I feel I was getting away with one because at the time there was only a couple of us thinking before posting and that sort of thing, a few have come out now
Thinking at how best to annoy others before posting you mean. Smart tactics. :cool:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I think we were basically so desperate to sign him we agreed to any demand including the world's longest holiday.
We may even have insisted on it, in an effort to break the holiday record set by Moyes when he (eventually) joined us :D

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
It's actually death knell, the sound of a lone church bell slowly ringing for a funeral, but to be honest death nail works quite well itself.

LouisDanGaal

Thinking at how best to annoy others before posting you mean. Smart tactics. :cool:
Ha! I genuinely would love to be of the mindset its done, no worries kind of thing but I need things to be official before I can enjoy it, I guess its a consequence of previous sagas, especially thiago, if we get some good news i'll be the most positive person on here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So is Juve a top club or not, make up your mind?

Pogba was voted into the FifPro(?) best XI by his peers, so he's really not that far away from Bale's level. Unless of course you know better than them.
They are a top club but they are not in a top league. You are free to ask whom people prefer between bale and pogba

devilish

I'm not debating your take on the others. I would however say that from all that we know, we do seem to be his choice (unless you believe Marca's sob stories). Now, if he returns to Juve for training and nothing moves for the next fortnight, I'd concede that there's merit to being a bit worried. Right now though, I don't see why we're suddenly terrified that we're not his first choice / he's not that keen on us etc.

I'm not terrified of losing him. I was just commenting about this transfer saga so far

devilish

Look I'm not going to argue about which player is better or not given I see it very debatable and it would only derail from the main point.

So to get back to it, how about you answer me properly? I asked you whether you've never seen a world record breaking transfer fee drag on before. And from you answers you're obviously aware of it happening before with both Ronaldo and Bale. Whether it came from lesser players or lesser league is beside the point. We're talking about a world record transfer fee which is what is common in all 3 cases.

And please stop with the Celtic comparisons. This is why opposing team fans think some in here are arrogant and delusional. We're talking about Juventus here, not some bloody third rate teams. In case you're not aware Juve are still one of the biggest European club in the world, it might help you knowing that.
My link to Celtic is that it's a one sided league. Even juventus/Milanese fans say that

pascell

I'm pretty sure we'll want to announce the deal after smashing the world record. Our persona under Woodward seems to be that we want the world having their eyes on us when we make signings and announcements.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
I've just caught up on the last 10+ pages.

This thread is absolutely hilarious when you consider with every post the fact none of us have a clue what's actually happening :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I've just caught up on the last 10+ pages.

This thread is absolutely hilarious when you consider with every post the fact none of us have a clue what's actually happening :lol:
Speak for yourself, pal.

JustinC00

Gotta love how the people bringing up Allegri's comments are ignoring the fact that Van Gaal said the same thing about Di Maria. As well as countless other managers that have made comments about a player still being their player before a transfer was completed while it was in the process of happening. Stop acting like Allergi came out and said "Pogba is staying for this season"

Of fecking course the deal isn't 100% officially done, if it was this thread would be locked and we'd have had an announcement.

How come Marotta hasn't uttered a peep of denial with all these reports of a deal being done?