Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Indeed. But I don't believe they are bullshitters. That guy who works with Di Marzio vouches for them too. Unlike all these newspapers, they at least have met Pogba and have some sort of evidence, instead of "sources". We'll see
Thats the thing, because they've actually met Pogba and spoken to him and his entourage, they're more likely to be reliable that the papers who are nowhere near him. I don't believe they're bullshitters either, but we just don't know at all. I'm sure we'll find out more at some point today

red thru&thru

I haven't really seen Pogba play the last few years other than the EC where he was crap...he best be worth all this muppeting after all.
At least you admit you've not seen much of him. Yea, EC isn't the best tournament to judge him by. He wasn't playing in his natural position.

For me, he is the same player as Zidane. Although Zidane wasn't box-to-box, he would help out in that position time to time, just like Pogba does. People always compare him to a Viera kind of player. That's just lazy, as that comparison comes from Pogba being tall, black and French.

Stretch

Why do so many posts keep getting deleted?

I know the flight tracking stuff is daft and all, but it's never been deleted before, right?
Yeah I also don't get it. It's been in several times in other threads and not deleted. Happy I got to read it. It was comedy gold. A class muppetry!

Moonred

Never got a chance to read it. Can I get a summary or will that just get deleted to?
There was a private flight that was tracked originating from NYC which went past London and Turin and headed to Rome. Then circled a few times before eventually landing at Rome(?). Now no one knows where Pogba is in all this.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I would also like to know this. Do you expect him to be unveiled by Monday/Tuesday?
Use some common sense. The poster knows nothing. If they did, Pogba would already be a United player......

saivet

Glad I got to read it. Gave me a good chuckle this morning
Well people were tracking a flight from NY to what they thought was headed to France. The plane must have gone a different route, heading towards Italy. Guys on here started panic as it looked to be heading to Turin. The plane, then passed Turin and ended up landing in Rome. So these guys appear to have been tracking some random fellas private ket flight from NY to Rome in the end.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Well people were tracking a flight from NY to what they thought was headed to France. The plane must have gone a different route, heading towards Italy. Guys on here started panic as it looked to be heading to Turin. The plane, then passed Turin and ended up landing in Rome. So these guys appear to have been tracking some random fellas private ket flight from NY to Rome in the end.
Now that would be a very strange flight!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I missed most of this flight tracker stuff prior to deletion but am I right in saying we still don't actually know where he is? Has the Manchester rumour been proven BS yet?

Cristiano_RAFC

The last threadmark in this thread was from more than a week ago but I see "new stories" about Pogba every day in the press. So what's the latest reliable update (without me having to go through an endless amount of pages) on his tranfer?

Chip

The last threadmark in this thread was from more than a week ago but I see "new stories" about Pogba every day in the press. So what's the latest reliable update (without me having to go through an endless amount of pages) on his tranfer?
Probably Duncan Castles who claimed that the deal was done Wednesday or Thursday. He was the one who started the rumour and he seems to be well connected to Mourinho. Since that, it's only been journos/ITKs guessing when the deal is going to be announced.

Mourinho strongly hinted that the deal was done on his Friday presser while Allegri said that he's still expecting Pogba back for training Monday, as he's still a Juventus player as of now.

IMO it's a done deal, and Pogba just needs to pass his medical, sign the papers before it's officially announced. Probably gonna happen in the beginning of next week.

Hans Moleman

Deal done (Castles is close to Jose/Mendes) http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...d-trafford-return-8554978#Qsg5HBv3o5PrETKE.97
Paperwork being finalised http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/manchester-united-the-deal-for-pogba-is-almost-set-the-latest/
Mourinho says we will soon have player #23 http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-were-going-to-get-a-very-good-midfielder
Last sighting in NYC was yesterday before hopping on a plane, so we're currently waiting for further updates on his whereabouts and next destination

SomeRandomPerson

I go away on holiday for a couple of weeks and this thread has moved from page 707 to page 986. You guys truly are in a class of your own :lol:

Can someone catch me up? When are the papers saying this gets announced?

Cristiano_RAFC

Deal done (Castles is close to Jose/Mendes) http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...d-trafford-return-8554978#Qsg5HBv3o5PrETKE.97
Paperwork being finalised http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/manchester-united-the-deal-for-pogba-is-almost-set-the-latest/
Mourinho says we will soon have player #23 http://www.football365.com/news/mourinho-were-going-to-get-a-very-good-midfielder
Last sighting in NYC was yesterday before hopping on a plane, so we're currently waiting for further updates on his whereabouts and next destination
Thank you for that!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I missed most of this flight tracker stuff prior to deletion but am I right in saying we still don't actually know where he is? Has the Manchester rumour been proven BS yet?
Yes, almost immediately - He was spotted in NYC less than an hour after he was reported in Manchester

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yes, almost immediately - He was spotted in NYC less than an hour after he was reported in Manchester
I've been quietly confident everything is going ahead but I have to say I'm surprised that the trail seems to have gone cold. I'm inclined to agree that if he returns to training tomorrow, the deal has to have some doubt. Not saying it's off, but I'm less sure than I was.

DevilRed

Robbo says he will be a good signing and we should get him:

Manchester United's Paul Pogba bid encouraged by ex-captain Bryan Robson

Former Manchester United captain Bryan Robson says he has no problem with the club breaking the transfer world record to re-sign Paul Pogba from Juventus.

United are on the verge of completing a transfer for the 23-year-old that could cost them in excess of £100m.

"If you are making money and have to pay big money for the best players, why not do it?" Robson told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek programme.

Manager Jose Mourinho wants the deal to be completed before 14 August.

No deal has been announced for Pogba, who has been on holiday in the United States since losing the Euro 2016 final with France against Portugal last month.

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has said he expects the midfielder to be at training on Monday, although reports in Italy say Pogba has flown to the UK for a medical.

Manchester United have not responded to these reports.

Pogba played at United for three years before rejecting a new contract andjoining Juventus for a £1.5m compensation fee in 2012.

He won the Serie A title in four successive seasons in Italy and has established himself as one of the most highly rated players in the world.

"Sir Alex Ferguson allowed me to watch training as Pogba joined the first team squad [as a teenager]," said Robson.

"I was very impressed with him. He was a good build, with a good temperament.

"He is the type of player we need.

"He is similar to Yaya Toure in the sense he is very good going forward and can score spectacular goals.

"I am not sure he is a great defender but he does an adequate job."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37001958

LouisDanGaal

There genuinely isn't one. Allegedly he was in Manchester yesterday
LOL

Seriously, huge respect for those italianfootball TV guys. They are clickbaiting the shit out of this pogba saga to hype their brand. Yet are sane enough to still admit the obvious.

IFTV > Telegraph :lol::lol::lol:
Honestly those kids are great, I would actually believe them over anything in a british paper bar maybe the guardian.

AndyJ1985

What I find more interesting than Robson's comments is the fact the BBC say we're on the verge of signing him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes probably still on the flight back to France first so he isnt even in england yet calm down people. Also Juventus are playing west ham today in london right? So even if he is in london... nothing is guaranteed. Im convinced its done and itll be announced today or tomorrow but just need patience.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hes probably still on the flight back to France first so he isnt even in england yet calm down people. Also Juventus are playing west ham today in london right? So even if he is in london... nothing is guaranteed. Im convinced its done and itll be announced today or tomorrow but just need patience.
He was on his way to the airport (according to those YouTubers who got video footage with him) 15 hours ago. I think he's probably in France now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was on his way to the airport (according to those YouTubers who got video footage with him) 15 hours ago. I think he's probably in France now.
Yeah but does it mean they were going there right that minute, or in a few hours? And obviously he isnt like most people but most people check in a few hours in advance. So for like a 7 hour flight, if he got there with a few hours to spare (again assuming professional footballers dont show up and fly right away) and left for the airport an hour after he saw those 2.... he would have only recently landed in france where he is doing whatever family thing he needed. Might even spend most of the day there and then go to england later tonight.