Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Also 7of the top 10 signing on that list turned out to be good signings in the end. Just shows spending small amounts on a lot of players can be a false economy.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I still don't get half the caf arguments re transfer fees. How can you accurately measure the worth of a player who may well play his part in us winning the EPL and the CL? So much of what he is "worth" depends on what we achieve in the future (on the pitch and commercially) and whilst I know that there's more crystal balls on the caf. than a South Coast seafront nobody can assess that. He could ultimately be "worth" 5 times what we pay for him.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The mood has really turned over there at Juventuz.
Its gone from denial to anger... poor guys :(
boofeckinghoo

I love Juve as a club, always have since my younger days, but their fans over on that forum throughout this saga has been a real eyeopener for me. They cry that we talk about signing Pogba, yet they have threads on their boards with who they are linked to and are posting much the same as the stuff we posted in here. Hypocrites.

They will still win the league hands down without Pogba. And I suppose if they feel they can't, they can always go back to bribing teams.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Only 5 (maybe 6, if you include Park) players on that list came to us as the finished article, so paying a premium for potential on top of brilliance to that point in time is very much a running theme. You adjust for the barminess of the markets these days and a young Rooney, Rio, Keane etc. would cost the same as Pogba... it's just that €100m sounds and reads as an absurdity moreso than 8-figure sums do.

Once there's a couple more 9-figure purchases, the furore around the price will die a death.

Grib

Thread should get a rename, something about what dictates a players worth

Then people can argue if it's
A. Their opnion or
B. Actual economics

It's such a fun topic after all

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
boofeckinghoo

I love Juve as a club, always have since my younger days, but their fans over on that forum throughout this saga has been a real eyeopener for me. They cry that we talk about signing Pogba, yet they have threads on their boards with who they are linked to and are posting much the same as the stuff we posted in here. Hypocrites.

They will still win the league hands down without Pogba. And I suppose if they feel they can't, they can always go back to bribing teams.
they are not hard core Juventus fans. I wonder if they ever been to Turin the first place

Tiber

The fighting over money gets dull. This guy has his priorities right:

Saw that on twitter and haven't saw anyone say it better. I don't care how much cheaper Sissoko is, I want Pogba.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
boofeckinghoo

I don't think the forum is the most accurate representation for Juventus fans, as I believe it's only the English-speaking posters who frequent it.

imamuppet

mwuuuhahahahahaha, at last, free, free to rejoice, freedom to post in the big boys rcafe and at what a time, just in time, for the greatest muppet transfer behind Monsieur Vidal.

Now we all know how that one went, but this time it will be different, surely it will be.

And what of Pogba, the darling of Old Trafford, the return of the Prodigal son, have read almost every single page of this vast thread, 17 bloomin thousand and two hundred and forty something posts.

Some of quality, some of *rap and some that one cant even justify, but the one thing thats stands out is none of it matters as Pogba is coming back, muppets rejoice, rejoice I say.

And having read all those posts, please forgive me for this slight OT, but why oh why are some peeps feeling the need to find issues with Acquire Me? Having read every single one of his/her posts have not seen anything but a genuine person passing down information to quench the first of the muppet clan!

Always humble, in good jest and with no bigotry, yet some seem intent to not pay him in kind!

So far he has been exemplary and always making clear that the information is simply passed down to him from someone he trusts and yet still, some peeps continue to post negative comments against a fellow fan!

No more to be said of this, back to the darling Pogba.

'Son' please dont break our hearts again, please dont let anything sway you away. It has been said that you regreted the decision to leave, though it was too late to turn back, so we have waited, watched and held onto the hope that one day you may return.

Have no idea what I would do, if you happened not to return, the strain may be too much coming after the Vidal saga, only now have I managed to post again.

see you soon, beloved ................

ravi2

I don't think the forum is the most accurate representation for Juventus fans, as I believe it's only the English-speaking posters who frequent it.
They seem completely blindsided by the developments. They genuinely thought that they would be keeping Pogba for another season at least and even if he did want to leave, it would never be for United.
They have also accurately come to the conclusion that even with all that money, he will be almost impossible to replace.... though I think that with Pjanic, Matic and possibly Higuain they have a stronger side that can still win the champs league.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Also, posts on their forum saying they would prefer to sell to Real makes feck all sense either. This is a team that want the CL, and yet they would prefer to sell to a team in the CL and hamper their chances that bit more. :lol:

jungledrums

they are not hard core Juventus fans. I wonder if they ever been to Turin the first place
Not sure I'd measure one's passion by whether they've been to the club's home. I agree that armchair fans (eg the gloryhunters) are irrelevant, but I myself lived in Manchester for a year when I was 2 and haven't returned since (and still to this day have not been to a home United game), yet I'm up at 2 am, 5 am etc for every single United game. The nature of big clubs is that they have, by definition, fans from abroad, or else they wouldn't be big clubs. Anyway, off topic.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If i was Woody i would make sure we sign Pogba on a 6 year contract with a £200m release clause.

You can almost guarantee Real will be sniffing around after a couple of years.

Dion

Edit: ignore this, I'm a fecking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The mood has really turned over there at Juventuz.
Its gone from denial to anger... poor guys :(
Those guys honestly deserve it. They were acting all cocky and sarcastic throughout this entire transfer saga and pretending United fans were a bunch of delusional mongrel for thinking we could get Pogba back.

Now things have gone tits up, they ironically became the ones deluded than it all turned into anger and Pogba + Raiola bashing :lol:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Why not? Pogba isn't as globally marketable today as you might think. He won't earn us £50m more the next year if he comes.
Pogba represents an ideal fit for Adidas now. He is a master of his craft but more importantly for the brand’s marketers he is the embodiment of individualism which is a huge appeal to young audiences. Adidas has admitted it needs to work harder to reflect how people view and discuss the beautiful game now, bringing personality and dynamism to its marketing that’s been noticeably lacking from parts of its communications in recent years.

Business development director at Pitch, Paul McCormick, described Pogba as “a marketer’s dream who showcases all that is great about the beautiful game – skill, pace, personality and power”.

“By declaring that he has signed for Adidas because they have the same shared ambition as him and will allow him to explore new creative frontiers, the message to his audience is that Adidas is the brand for free-thinking, creative footballers and people.”

Pogba’s appeal with younger audiences will allow Adidas to make the most of what McCormick describes as a “crossover athlete” and will likely lead to many collaborations which explore his interests in sport, music and style.

Alex Coulson, executive director at Sport Industry Group, said the partnership would likely produce a number of "headline grabbing campaigns". He said the brand’s success is rooted in its desire to “find new ways to talk with consumers and in a language they understand”.

Fans saw that with 'There will be haters' a campaign that was built on an in depth knowledge of its target audience's world and was a brave decision to take. "The fact that Adidas was awarded the 2015 Brand of the Year and has five shortlisted entries at this year's BT Sport Industry Awards is no small feat, it's testament to the brand's fresh, creative and daring approach.”

But with Pogba, Adidas had to work hard to secure its star signing. Prime Time Sport’s chief executive, Esteve Calzada, attributed the drawn out negotiations between Adidas and Pogba as “mainly money driven”.

He said: “Mino Raiola, his agent, has been pushing for as much money as possible because it was the right time.”

According to Calzada a combination of factors other than creativity helped formulate the deal.

“He’s youth, playing for a big team, playing in a big league, the Euros approaching and his media appeal mean brands want to associate with him.”

While money is clearly a driving force behind this deal it did not pave the way to the two parties meeting. Brands are becoming increasingly conscious about which sports personalities they align themselves with and the swiftness with which they will drop a major ambassador in light of any negative publicity, such has been the case with Nike and Maria Sharapova, illustrates these increasingly complex relationships.

In Pogba, Adidas has found a fitting partner who echoes the brand's ethos of bold individualism and with that it will continue to be relevant to young audiences keen to feel a sense of individualism in the brands they associate with.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/03/25/why-paul-pogba-far-more-just-big-name-adidas

I remember someone saying he's addidas third most important player now after Messi and someone I can't remember

Skills

Snitch
boofeckinghoo

It's a yank forum isn't it?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Very interesting this.

Veron and ferdinand were signings that were a higher expense/revenue than Pogba. Shows how much we have grown. Also shows we almost spent 20% of our turnover back then on 1 signing even then.
From that, it looks like early 2000's is when we were really investing in the club - our three biggest signings (compared to revenue) were all made between 2001 and 2004. Maybe now we need to play catch up for the lack of investment in the 10 years following that

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Why not? Pogba isn't as globally marketable today as you might think. He won't earn us £50m more the next year if he comes.
You're conflating two issues and drawing an unsound conclusion here.

Someone like Woodward will be exactly on the ball with how much money Pogba can generate via marketability. I'm assuming you're thinking only of adidas here, also, rather than sponsors and other brands who will want to be associated with the player and United now?

SSSSnake

We really are flying through the pages. Is this a record now? Seeing shit rumours now saying Pogba has instructed someone to look for a house.

Suedesi

According to Gazzetta, the deal is underway and could be concluded very quickly. The news of the day is that Pogba no longer wants to be a Juventino. Through his agent, Mino Raiola, Paul has communicated to Juve officials that he intends to go back to his old team. Paul wants to go, and at this point one of the key elements of the Juventus resistance has cracked.

“Paul will not be sold, unless he asks us to leave” has been the Juve mantra. Well, that moment has come. Pogba hasn’t resisted the temptation of Jose Mourinho and lots of money. Which is why Juventus doesn't have an alternative to accepting the English offer and investing the proceeds into new players.

Pogba’s propsed new contract is 12 million Euros net for 5 + 1 years plus bonuses. Currently at Juve he gets 4.5 (6 including bonuses) and is the highest paid player. The difference is huge. Other signal – prior to departing for the Euros, he had cancelled his rental (?) near the Olimpic stadium. It was a sign that something was going through his head. Manchester will offer 125 million Euros, off which 100 million will go to Juve and 25million to Paul. This is because Pogba and Juve have a gentleman’s agreement in place, according to which, in case of a sale, Pogba will receive 20% of the proceeds.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
From that, it looks like early 2000's is when we were really investing in the club - our three biggest signings (compared to revenue) were all made between 2001 and 2004. Maybe now we need to play catch up for the lack of investment in the 10 years following that
Not the most successful period for the club.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Very interesting this.

Veron and ferdinand were signings that were a higher expense/revenue than Pogba. Shows how much we have grown. Also shows we almost spent 20% of our turnover back then on 1 signing even then.
We spent £60m on transfers in 2001...almost 50% of total revenue for that year. Would be like spending £250m this summer

Santoryo

ripping the reward
This logic is very flawed. I mean this board alone probably contains many people who have never been in Manchester let alone Old Trafford yet they are Man United fans. Just like us, Juventus are a global and massive club which attract support and fans from everywhere around the world including those who can't make it to United or Juventus respective cities.

Unless you believe only those in this forums who have been to Manchester are true fans of the club(which will probably alienate the majority of posters here) then your reasoning is incredibly faulty

mu4c_20le

Manchester will offer 125 million Euros, off which 100 million will go to Juve and 25million to Paul. This is because Pogba and Juve have a gentleman’s agreement in place, according to which, in case of a sale, Pogba will receive 20% of the proceeds.
Makes sense, I'd been long wondering how much they paid him when they stole him at 18, it couldn't have been a huge sum, so he must have a % agreed on a future fee. Makes you wonder if he and Raiola had been thinking about this for a while.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I find most impressive is we've almost doubled our turnover between 2010-2016. And people think Woodward is doing a bad job? :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pogba’s propsed new contract is 12 million Euros net for 5 + 1 years plus bonuses. Currently at Juve he gets 4.5 (6 including bonuses) and is the highest paid player. The difference is huge. Other signal – prior to departing for the Euros, he had cancelled his rental (?) near the Olimpic stadium. It was a sign that something was going through his head. Manchester will offer 125 million Euros, off which 100 million will go to Juve and 25million to Paul. This is because Pogba and Juve have a gentleman’s agreement in place, according to which, in case of a sale, Pogba will receive 20% of the proceeds.
Raiola sure brokered an excellent first deal for Pogba, eh? Surprising that he's their highest paid player considering they have some of Italy's most important players currently. Although I can assume the likes of Buffon have probably taken a lower wage due to age recently...

Macern

Pee pee pants
You're conflating two issues and drawing an unsound conclusion here.

Someone like Woodward will be exactly on the ball with how much money Pogba can generate via marketability. I'm assuming you're thinking only of adidas here, also, rather than sponsors and other brands who will want to be associated with the player and United now?
Obviously he will have an impact on the reputation of the club, but what I'm saying is; in terms of sheer numbers of income through his marketability short term, that doesn't justify paying £100m for him. The original post was aimed at someone saying something in the lines of us paying so much money for him because he will earn it back for us through marketing.