Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
They are still too far behind, even if they bid tonight imo. We've spent ages on the "Raiola problem" and are only about to conclude it soon-ish.
We'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic anyway.

But just because we've spent ages on the Raiola thing doesn't mean another team will. And things could stall in theory if the player thinks another option is coming.

As I said anyway, I'm optimistic, but cautiously so.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You guys talk like this Di Marzio is the Walter Cronkite of football journalism or something.
Somebody questionned him earlier in this thread (on twitter).
It didn't go well.
Basically he is almost always right.
Jose. Zlatan, Mhikky. He called these transfers a long time before they were officially revealed.

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
The 'Madrid make initial contact' reports emerging tonight is all coming from an ESPN article written by Miguel Delaney, who is a confirmed spoofer. He analyses the rumour mill and writes an article off the back of it and then shamelessly cites 'ESPN sources'. He's been doing it for years. He's like a stereotypical Sun journalist but just more articulate and usually more clever in what stories he decides to make up.

Shark

@NotShark
Somebody questionned him earlier in this thread (on twitter).
It didn't go well.
Basically he is almost always right.
Jose. Zlatan, Mhikky. He called these transfers a long time before they were officially revealed.
What has he gotten wrong though?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fwiw, De Brun has taken a lot of unfair stick in the wake of this recent update. He's maintained that he still thinks the deal would go through, and has largely given his personal opinion on bits and pieces. He's expressed fear that the length of time taken may allow Real back in, and it isn't exactly a secret that Zidane wants the player.

mu4c_20le

You guys talk like this Di Marzio is the Walter Cronkite of football journalism or something.
I dont believe every thing he says, but he is one of very few journos least likely to make shit up. He just gets whatever his inside sources feed him, and those could be juve officials (madrid interest, agent fees, juve hardball negotating, etc).

RetroStu

To be fair, i was reading that Juve forum last week and they were saying that the reason why Di Marzio is so good with his info is because he openly pays sources for the information. Thats why many people believe what he says in Italy.

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't understand what Delaney is trying to say here.

ESPN are putting up the story he wrote 24 hours ago (and is therefore behind?) Or that someone copied him?
Said the same thing, is he trying to say becasue it's from 24 hrs ago it doesn't matter anymore, or he's miffed like you say because it didn't get printed before everyone else came out with the same story.

His track record is very poor either way though.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Imagine the field day the United Twitter account will have if he signs :lol:

VII

Considering the chinese bought 70% of Inter Milan for just €270m why don't we buy 51% of Juve and loan Pogba and others to ourselves?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
So now we'll haggle with Raiola because he'll want at least 20%... And 20% of 115 million is 23 million. He'll want 23 million as opposed to 15 million, and once again we wait more and more till United and Raiola can come to a conclusion which won't be soon.

kinell.
To be frank, we don't know what he wants. All the relevant journalists are saying it will be closed soon. So we will see.

podurban2

Considering the chinese bought 70% of Inter Milan for just €270m why don't we buy 51% of Juve and loan Pogba and others to ourselves?
Juventus owners are the owners of Exor and Fiat. They are rich as feck and wouldn't sell their flagship club. Can people stop coming with these ridiculous ideas, it's embarrassing.

mu4c_20le

ESPN has been a disgrace, they were the only ones to go with the AS story about the cancelled medical. Desperate.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
According to him, Laporte to City was done dealio, Cavani on his way to Juve. He and his goons are spouting a lot on a long day.
Laporte pulled out at the last minute, can't blame Di marzio for not knowing that

izec

That Pilib guy is a total wanker, that some take him seriously is a joke. If he didnt have his own show and some contacts, he could basically be anybody on Twitter. Like he has some relevant info, most of the time he is spouting shit and covering all the bases, with his infos always the latest rumours. He is just putting his opinion coupled with the latest trend on it, since forever.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My thing is, if he is a fan just giving his personal opinion and not actually anything of fact then whats his purpose in the thread. We have enough opinions in here in my opinion :lol:
Well he has maintained that his information is that we will sign him, although you can never say 100% due to any eventuality. Other opinions have just been surrounding the process, but he has never said it was off.

Transfer sagas do terrible things to young men, they become emotional and look for people to savage with their 'unreliability' or 'bullshitter' tags, all because fundamentally, they are probably way too invested and are struggling to keep it together.

Even on here, the extent to which it becomes a crime to have not done a full HPI check on anything posted so as to not play with fragile emotions is a bit much, or the haste at which to censor an actual journals opinion as he has broken your heart before by posting things that don't happen, which you still fecking remember from 2010 or something and will not forgive.

Let the man be, he's not the enemy, he's one of us, and is quite obviously connected in the game and with United specifically. The forensic vetting of every journo is all a bit much in my opinion anyway. Of course, the likes of Indykaila or whatever are a different case, or fake profiles, but the way these guys are savaged and turned into monsters is largely because men can't keep their shit together.

RedStarUnited

That Pilib guy is a total wanker, that some take him seriously is a joke. If he didnt have his own show and some contacts, he could basically be anybody on Twitter. Like he has some relevant info, most of the time he is spouting shit and covering all the bases, with his infos always the latest rumours. He is just putting his opinion coupled with the latest trend on it, since forever.
You can just ignore him and the more people do it the more he will disappear...

SirAF

Ageist
Well he has maintained that his information is that we will sign him, although you can never say 100% due to any eventuality. Other opinions have just been surrounding the process, but he has never said it was off.

Transfer sagas do terrible things to young men, they become emotional and look for people to savage with their 'unreliability' or 'bullshitter' tags, all because fundamentally, they are probably way too invested and are struggling to keep it together.

Even on here, the extent to which it becomes a crime to have not done a full HPI check on anything posted so as to not play with fragile emotions is a bit much, or the haste at which to censor an actual journals opinion as he has broken your heart before by posting things that don't happen, which you still fecking remember from 2010 or something and will not forgive.

Let the man be, he's not the enemy, he's one of us, and is quite obviously connected in the game and with United specifically. The forensic vetting of every journo is all a bit much in my opinion anyway. Of course, the likes of Indykaila or whatever are a different case, or fake profiles, but the way these guys are savaged and turned into monsters is largely because men can't keep their shit together.
To be fair, he's a bullshitter.

Shimo

For the ones saying this hasn't moved forward. In his article Di Marzio is saying that we're paying Juve a bit over 110m euros BUT we have agreed to be responsible for the 20%. So in total we will be paying Juve around €110m and €22m to Raiola

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom...rso-lo-united-48-ore-per-chiudere-i-dettagli/
The question in my mind is that's well and good - Raiola is going his 20% of the sale but, United are going to have to stump for it by basically tacking on 20m to the final fee. But, then there is the agent fees - which is separate from the 20% that Raiola is owed from the sale of Pogba by Juve. Say if it was Mendes brokering the deal, he'd get some fee out of it - that still needs to be paid and that seems to me where this deal is being held up because now Raiola is supposed to get yet another amount but, who is supposed to pay that?