Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

I put Auguero in my fantasy team this week and I have Neves on the bench. How is that decision looking right now?

James Peril

Fecking managers waiving fingers at the fourth official, like that’s going to change anything!? Intelligent chap. Oh shit that’s some shot and save

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Be nice if other teams watched this and set up the same way as Wolves here. City can absolutely be got at. Same last season too

Phil

Did Neville even mention the save over his shower of Sterling praise

Affirmation

This is a fantastic match for sure. Wolves are really going for it and so they should as too many teams seem to just "roll over" for City. Pressing I think is also key

Irrational.

Not to the same extent that they do. I actually think we’re a bit better at winning the ball back cleanly in those situations compared to City.
:lol:

Did you watch the Palace game? You're equally as guilty of the same tactic. Plus Liverpool disguise it well, spreading it around. Usually it's someone like Firmino who tries his best to make it look accidental/ innocuous when Liverpool are looking vulnerable, when in fact it is a key tactic. Very rarely get booked for it too.

Rajma

To be honest Wolves have been lucky on certain occasions now as City finds it to cut through their defence.

Bola

Wow, if more mid table teams approach the game against City like Wolves, we are in for an open race.
I was looking to both Wolves and Fulham joining the Prem. Not a brilliant start by both teams, but they appear committed to atracking football and have some good play.

Unfortunately I can't think of any other 'lesser' teams that go for it. Bournemouth usually have an attacking mentality, but most of the others are counter-attacking or very defensive sides

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

Did you watch the Palace game? You're equally as guilty of the same tactic. Plus Liverpool disguise it well, spreading it around. Usually it's someone like Firmino who tries his best to make it look accidental/ innocuous when Liverpool are looking vulnerable, when in fact it is a key tactic. Very rarely get booked for it too.
I think you’re being irrational personally.

City's movement and precision in their passing is so enviable.
Their reading off the ball too is continually impressive.

Rubbish freekick from Silva.

Sandyman

City slowly gaining the upper hand now. Wolves need to go in at half time without conceding.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Mendy is just brilliant. What I would give for United to have had the transfer window City did before the 17/18 season. They have phenomenal wingbacks on their books.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
The framework of the game is adequately set up to deal with cynical fouling.
only in theory, but not in praxis. Cynical fouls to break up play get penalised differently depending on where they happen on the pitch. Teams like City, Liverpool or Bayern (when Pep was their manager) figured out that they don't get yellows if they make the cynical foul at the beginning of the transition deep in the half of the other team. No risk, all the benefits.
Refs should consistently give yellows for every cynical foul regardless of where its done. It should be one of those things that the league should tell the refs at the beginning of a season and announce publicly so nobody gets caught off guard by it.

Walters_19_MuFc

That cut out by Fernandinho is why he's one of the best holding midfielders around. Never shirks his responsibilities.

Last week, we conceded from a similar situation, where Bailly come out to the winger, meaning our holding midfielder, who was Pereira at the time, had to cover Bailly.

That comes with experience and knowing the role, but thats how important a top holding mid can be.

Id like to think Matic would have covered.

Greck

Mendy is just brilliant. What I would give for United to have had the transfer window City did before the 17/18 season. They have phenomenal wingbacks on their books.
Feel Mendy would look like a donkey if he were here