Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

Jorge Mendes FC doing reasonably well.Have had a couple of half chances.
I still see a City win though.When they get into their rhythm with the ball they are difficult to stop.David Silva and Fernandinho the main instigators in getting their play tempo going.

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Nice play from wolves there

Josep Dowling

City are a very good team but so many sides backed off them last season and let them play. Wolves may not get a result today but they are having a go and creating ahelluva lot more chances than teams last season.

Sylar

Within one page mendy has gone from sublime to a donkey

binary bot
What is that position Costa is playing? Looks like a right sided position but he's quick and skillful. Looks potentially threatening to an opposition fullback. Are attackers allowed in that position?

DRM

Yeah. My apologies then. Carry on predicting us to lose games that don’t exist. Top stuff.
But wolves v united is a game that does exist and will happen. Confused now :confused:

Ainu

Kompany's problem is he thinks he has great footballing ability. He doesn't. I've seen it time and again.

Sandyman

Hopefully Wolves can sustain this till the final whistle. Finished the half strongly.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Kompany's problem is he thinks he has great footballing ability. He doesn't. I've seen it time and again.
I've seen him being called one of the defenders in PL history a lot recently. Personally I think he's far from it. Nowhere near the likes of Rio, Vidic, Terry, Adams, Carvalho.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Kompany, Gundogan and Mendy (defensively) are poor today. I'd hook the first two immediately, Stones for Kompany, push Bernardo inside, play Sane and Sterling on the wings. Those two are really struggling with the press.

Needham

What is that position Costa is playing? Looks like a right sided position but he's quick and skillful. Looks potentially threatening to an opposition fullback. Are attackers allowed in that position?
No they are most certainly not. The young man is going to get a stern ticking off during the match interval.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
only in theory, but not in praxis. Cynical fouls to break up play get penalised differently depending on where they happen on the pitch. Teams like City, Liverpool or Bayern (when Pep was their manager) figured out that they don't get yellows if they make the cynical foul at the beginning of the transition deep in the half of the other team. No risk, all the benefits.
Refs should consistently give yellows for every cynical foul regardless of where its done. It should be one of those things that the league should tell the refs at the beginning of a season and announce publicly so nobody gets caught off guard by it.
That's the setup of the game though. Unless the foul is dangerous or blatantly cynical (like pulling the shirt), is a referee supposed to give a yellow card for a challenge in the opposition's box?

They get a lot of ire because it nullifies the counter threat, but I'm not sure they should be treated worse than your normal foul.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I've seen him being called one of the defenders in PL history a lot recently. Personally I think he's far from it. Nowhere near the likes of Rio, Vidic, Terry, Adams, Carvalho.
He easily was at that level during the Mancini years (albeit not nearly as good with the ball as Rio), he's not been since. It's no coincidence that our first two titles were both down to him playing a lot of games and being immense. Last two or three years, I'd say he's probably the 3rd best Belgian CB in the league. Still a top player but far from the player he was before the injuries.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Feel Mendy would look like a donkey if he were here
If he was allowed to get forward, then he'd thrive. But I think he's technically better than he first looks. I don't think it helps his cause that he has the presence/build of a CM/CB but plays wingback - it seems odd at first glance. But I'm a huge fan.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Nice play all round from Wolves, Patricio with a excellent save, good defending from Boly with some charging down of players so they had to rush a shot or last ditch tackles. Some good play along the wings, good half all round, dont know if they can keep City out for 90mins when City have like 70% possession however.

Skills

Snitch
Kompany, Gundogan and Mendy (defensively) are poor today. I'd hook the first two immediately, Stones for Kompany, push Bernardo inside, play Sane and Sterling on the wings. Those two are really struggling with the press.
Gundogan overall hasn't really impressed me for city. They don't play as well with him in the side, and I thought he was a major culprit for the Liverpool capitulation last season.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
wolves are gonna be really interesting to follow this season.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't understand how this game is goalless on both sides.
Boly and Patricio (possibly the save of the season) have been immense for Wolves, for us only Laporte has stood out at the back.
Both teams have had chances, I'd say we've created a couple more chances but its been a good tight game.