Premier League Gameweek 3 fixtures (25th - 27th August 2018)

Walters_19_MuFc

Big game for Burnley today. Although the season has just started, I think Dyche will be feeling a bit of pressure.

Dyche prides himself on a solid, organised unit, but have conceded six goals in their last two games.

Needs a solid performance today against a pretty good Fulham side.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Kovacic is a far better player then Barkley is, hes a squad player and nothing else for them
I'm not disagreeing in terms of raw ability. Just a question of whether he adapts to the league. If he does then he'll be a quality player for Chelsea.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
What a miss by Ward. Worst of the weekend for sure. Unmarked, last minute, on the penalty spot.

Walters_19_MuFc

Kovacic is a far better player then Barkley is, hes a squad player and nothing else for them
Guess time will tell, although I think it's harsh Barkley has been dropped today, following his performances so far this season.

Think regardless of performances, it was always going to happen, though. You don't loan a player like Kovacic and leave him on the bench. Barkley was never going to get a chance and I think that's the problem with the premier league. Managers are not willing to give English players a chance.

Bakayoko was bought for 40M last season when they could have possibly given Loftus a chance to showcase his talent. As it was, they ended up splashing out on Bakayoko and Loftus was sent on loan. Now Bakayoko has gone on loan.

This is not to say Kovacic isn't a better player than Barkley, but from an England fan's point of view, I'd love to see him given more of a chance as I feel he has fantastic ability.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Guess time will tell, although I think it's harsh Barkley has been dropped today, following his performances so far this season.

Think regardless of performances, it was always going to happen, though. You don't loan a player like Kovacic and leave him on the bench. Barkley was never going to get a chance and I think that's the problem with the premier league. Managers are not willing to give English players a chance.

Bakayoko was bought for 40M last season when they could have possibly given Loftus a chance to showcase his talent. As it was, they ended up splashing out on Bakayoko and Loftus was sent on loan. Now Bakayoko has gone on loan.

This is not to say Kovacic isn't a better player than Barkley, but from an England fan's point of view, I'd love to see him given more of a chance as I feel he has fantastic ability.
Barkley has physical attributes in his favour compared to Kovacic too which are obviously well suited in the prem. He's obviously also a great player technically too.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Frustrating one for CPFC that, reminded me of when we lost one nil to Burnley last season and it just wouldnt go in. Think Taylor has lived up to his billing as one of the worst refs in the league as well bottling that nasty Capoue challenge as it could have been very different, but thems the breaks.

We are a good striker away from being a very competitive team, someone needs to take Benteke out the back and put the poor lad out of his misery. I have never seen a player regress so quickly. Twenty seven million quid is unbelievable.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Barkley will be fine and will play a fair bit over the season. Bigger problem for Chelsea is Christensen. Doubt he'll stick around much longer now he's firmly behind Luiz in the pecking order. Not quite the same level of rotation in defence as there is midfield. In the next few seasons they could end up replacing three CBs (Christensen, Cahill, Luiz).

Varun

Staff
Looking forward to seeing how Meyer does once he's settled in at Palace. Think he'll prove to be too good for them very soon.

Frustrating one for CPFC that, reminded me of when we lost one nil to Burnley last season and it just wouldnt go in. Think Taylor has lived up to his billing as one of the worst refs in the league as well bottling that nasty Capoue challenge as it could have been very different, but thems the breaks.

We are a good striker away from being a very competitive team, someone needs to take Benteke out the back and put the poor lad out of his misery. I have never seen a player regress so quickly. Twenty seven million quid is unbelievable.
I said to you in the summer him and Ward need binning. I'm not sure what to make of Sorloth yet I need to see more of him, but you defo need another striker. Who would you go for?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I know Newcastle are Chelsea’s bogey team at St.James but I can see this being there best chance to beat them and make it look easy. 0-3 to Chelsea.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Barkley was never good enough to be more than a squad player for a team with title aspirations.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I said to you in the summer him and Ward need binning. I'm not sure what to make of Sorloth yet I need to see more of him, but you defo need another striker. Who would you go for?
Yeah wasn't Joel's finest game that, AWB will come back in at the weekend thank god.

As for a forward, don't think Sorloth is anywhere near ready tbh, we played some of our best stuff with Zaha and Townsend up front last year so I'd be tempted to throw Ayew in and go with two mobile strikers again for now. Ayew got 7 in a poor Swansea team last year so no reason to think 10-12 wouldn't be achievable.

Would love us to go for Origi tbh, think there's a real player in there. Ings would have been great as well but not for the deal Saints have got.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
On paper, Chelsea have arguably the strongest midfield unit in the league. Great combinations and depth.

Yeah wasn't Joel's finest game that, AWB will come back in at the weekend thank god.

As for a forward, don't think Sorloth is anywhere near ready tbh, we played some of our best stuff with Zaha and Townsend up front last year so I'd be tempted to throw Ayew in and go with two mobile strikers again for now. Ayew got 7 in a poor Swansea team last year so no reason to think 10-12 wouldn't be achievable.

Would love us to go for Origi tbh, think there's a real player in there. Ings would have been great as well but not for the deal Saints have got.
I completely forgot about Ayew, yeah he should do well for you. He should score at least 15 goals for you once he gets up and running. Him and Zaha up top sounds like a good combination.

We're do you think you will finish this season? I think you'll get a top 10 finish ❤

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What's happening to Burnley?
Maybe the Thursday football is over stretching a small squad?

This is about the Fulham goal.

16:03

GOAL! FULHAM 1-0 BURNLEY (Seri, 3)

WHAT A STRIKE! An absolutely stunning goal from Seri.

Vietto lays the ball off to him at the top of the area before he takes a touch and smashes a thunderous effort towards goal that lands in the top corner.

Hart is leaping but he cannot do anything about that.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Barkley was never good enough to be more than a squad player for a team with title aspirations.
There were some on this forum who felt that he should join us, where he would be one of our best players.
I always felt that Everton was his correct level.