Premier League holiday fixtures (Mon 26 Dec - Wed 4 Jan)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What the actual feck are Sunderland doing in defense? They just run back and try to organize themselves in front of the box, haven't seen such a thing ever before.

Ainu

I think there's been a conscious decision by them to less frequently demote referees, although how Pawson got away with several poor games in a row and yet got the biggest game of last weekend is bizarre. I think people criticise referees too often but the threat of them being demoted if they don't perform is surely needed to try to maintain a good standard.
I agree one or two mistakes shouldn't warrant a demotion but what Mason put on display the other day was on a whole other level. It was pure horror.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Extremely frustrating how the top 4 have all started winning just as we had started to make up ground.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Farcical that he wasn't demoted. This is the FA basically telling them it doesn't matter how shite they perform, they can do whatever they please. There's no accountability at all.
I can't remember which one it was but there was an ex-EPL ref (from the early 00's, someone else might know) talking at half time on one of the American broadcasters about why the FA protect their refs so much and take away all accountability. Basically, there's only a handful of refs in the country that are at the level required for the EPL. You just don't appreciate how difficult a job it is, how fast it is, how hard it is to cut through the play acting, to see everything through the crowds at 100mph and then be 60 metres down the pitch doing it there as well.

So if they start hanging refs out to dry for their poor decisions or start demoting them on every bad call, not only does it undermine their already fragile authority, it will make their profession downright miserable and unmanageable and there will be no queue to do an already unpopular job and eventually the quality will go down and down.

He also said that the majority of referees know they aren't perfect and are all in full support of video refs making their life easier and having a more informed decision on the big calls.

Needham

Never know why this annoys people!
In Otamendi's case, it's because he is combining that whiny gamesmanship fall-to-the-floor-like-a-soft-toy get opponents booked persona with a precious fear of the cold. And he plays for man City.