Press Conferences 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One of the most eagerly awaited conferences for a long time.

Man-United

I'm sure he will say a lot. He won't let the referee come out of that game without strong criticism from Fergie.

LR7

@telegraphsport
Ferguson says Wayne Rooney will be at #MUFC next season - story to come

kps88

There's an embargo apparently, we'll get detailed quotes at 10 BST.

Ben Hibbs has said "strong words" from SAF.

LR7

Fergie - There is absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I... To suggest we don't talk to each other on the training ground is absolute nonsense." @stumathiesonMEN

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
"The Wayne Rooney nonsense first? Or do you want to talk sense?" Rooney will be here next season "you have my word"

kps88

Sky broke it, the bellends.
And now everyone else has followed.

SAF started his presser: "The Wayne Rooney nonsense first? Or do you want to talk sense?" Rooney will be here next season "you have my word"

kps88

On Wayne Rooney
The Wayne Rooney nonsense first? Or do you want to talk sense? The issue you're all going on about is rubbish. There's absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I. The suggestion we don't talk on the training ground is nonsense. The decision to not play him was purely tactical and he understood that. Wayne will be here next year. You have my word on that.

On refereeing decisions and defeat to Real
It's hard to keep your faith when you see what's happened the last few years. It's the third time we've been knocked out because of that. It's not easy to take but we're Manchester United and we have to get on with it. We now have an important issue of an FA Cup tie on Sunday. My job is to galvanise the troops, who were fantastic on Tuesday. So were the fans. We owe them a good performance.

Chelsea on Sunday
It's a home draw and I always say that if you get a home draw you're happy. Hopefully we can navigate that and get through. Giggs won't play on Sunday because he was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday. He's done his bit for us this week. Now we'll rest him and prepare him for next week. Phil Jones won't be ready for Sunday. He'll be available for the following week, though. Rooney will be involved on Sunday.

LR7

SAF: "He'll be here next year, you have my word on that. There's no issue between myself and Rooney. To suggest we don't talk is nonsense." - PA dugout

Ferguson: "Wayne understood the reasons for not playing him. It was completely tactical." Says Rooney will be at club next season #mufc - Telegraph sport

SAF started his presser: "The Wayne Rooney nonsense first? Or do you want to talk sense?" Rooney will be here next season "you have my word" - Ben Hibbs

Fergie on Roo's future - "Absolutely no problem with that. He will be here next season. You have my word on that." #fb #'mufc - Stuart Mathieson MEN

kps88

When he says it's the third time we've been knocked out due to a bad decision, does he count Rafael's red card against Bayern?

LR7

"The Wayne Rooney issue first?" he asked at the start of his press conference. "Or do you want to talk sense?

"The issue you're all going on about in the papers is absolute rubbish. I've banned two papers from the press conference and they won't get back in here until they apologise. There is absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I. To suggest we don't talk to each other on the training ground is absolute nonsense.

"He understood the reasons for not playing him and that was completely tactical. And I think I was right. We don't always get it right but I think we did get it right. Danny Welbeck is the best player we have in terms of operating in a double role. We had to choke Xabi Alonso's ability to control the game, which Danny did, and that took away Alonso's control of the game and his ability to go further forward and be an attacking player. We don't always get it right but we definitely did on Tuesday.

"Wayne will be here next year," he promised. "You have my word on that. I have no issues at all with the player and he'll be involved on Sunday."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...straight-regarding-wayne-rooney.aspx?pageNo=2

“It is my job is to galvanise the troops, who were fantastic on Tuesday and so were the fans,” the boss told reporters. “We owe them a good performance on Sunday.

“Chelsea, it's a home draw and I always say that if you get a home draw you're happy. Hopefully we can navigate that and get through. Wayne will be here next year, you have my word on that. I have no issues with the player and he'll be involved on Sunday.

“Wayne understood what we were doing. I explained it to him before we announced the team and he was fine. Giggs won't play on Sunday because he was the best player on the pitch on Tuesday. He's done his bit for us this week. Now we'll rest him and prepare him for next week.

“I thought I might get more criticism for leaving out Shinji Kagawa. He scored a hat-trick against Norwich! Phil Jones won't be ready for Sunday. He'll be available for the following week, though.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-news-ahead-of-United-v-Chelsea.aspx?pageNo=2

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good to see him saying nothing more about that decision on tuesday and ref.

Northstand

When he says it's the third time we've been knocked out due to a bad decision, does he count Rafael's red card against Bayern?
I'm sure he does, because it was. If I remember correctly, Van Bommel got away with a tackle at least as bad earlier in the game. The only difference was that the United players didn't surround the referee in the way the Bayern players did.

Obviously, the third incident Fergie is referring to would be the wrongly disallowed offside against Porto.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
"Wayne will be here next year," he promised. "You have my word on that. I have no issues at all with the player and he'll be involved on Sunday."

Sounds like SAF will be here too. :p

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Then again, SAF has said pretty much the same about many players just before they left!

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Ferguson was asked whether he had 'any sympathy' for Benitez's situation at #cfc. 'I'm not going to kick anyone when they are lying down'
He just gave Benitez a kicking!

Status
Not open for further replies.