Protests following the killing of George Floyd

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
America is a lost cause. Think the US as well know it won't exist in 50 years. Has more features of a war torn failed state than a developed country.
I was thinking about it yesterday, it looks a lot like african countries during the years preceeding civil wars. Now I don't think that it will go that far because they have far stronger police institution at state and federal level but from the outside it looks like a country that is socially broken.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I was thinking about it yesterday, it looks a lot like african countries during the years preceeding civil wars. Now I don't think that it will go that far because they have far stronger police institution at state and federal level but from the outside it looks like a country that is socially broken.
I can't disagree with this, except to add that I think we have always been this broken. It's just that with the advent of ubiquitous cell phone cameras and social media it is now brought to the fore and can no longer be ignored. Add to this a president and party that realize they can only remain in power (and out of jail) is by stoking this division and you have what you now see. This is why I get so frustrated with the "I don't like Biden, he's just as bad as Trump" crowd. Sure, Biden and his policies suck, but the alternative is terrifying.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Exactly what I was thinking before making the post. It reminds me of Nigeria before the civil war in the late 60s. Two sects (Igbo and Hausa) who have irreconcilable differences. Here there are no tribal sects but ideological sects. Too many similarities, arm proliferation, violence is tolerated as long as it's done in defense of my side, a weak central government we can go on.

bucky

Insulting another member
Yup anyone who has a different opinion from the standard accepted narrative is a disgrace.
Do you know the circumstances surrounding the first shooting? Without knowing that I cant say the shootings captured on video can be called murder.
I don’t know and I’m not sure if it’s relevant. The question is did he break the law and did he commit murder? How are you making judgements without knowing the facts?
You could be describing the death of Osama here. Don’t the facts matter?
Prove that he murdered the first guy. Any evidence?
He's already been charged with first degree murder a day later. There's video evidence of him admitting it doing it, multiple witnesses. What more do you want, you fecking imbecile? Stand right next to him and cheer him on, while he's doing it?!

JPRouve

Scout
I can't disagree with this, except to add that I think we have always been this broken. It's just that with the advent of ubiquitous cell phone cameras and social media it is now brought to the fore and can no longer be ignored. Add to this a president and party that realize they can only remain in power (and out of jail) is by stoking this division and you have what you now see. This is why I get so frustrated with the "I don't like Biden, he's just as bad as Trump" crowd. Sure, Biden and his policies suck, but the alternative is terrifying.
It's a fair point with the difference that more and more people won't accept the idea of leaving in a broken society and social media will always galvanize those feelings, it will also give life to the alt right. I find the idea crazy but I do think that americans should keep this in mind because I'm sure that lots of Africans, Central Americans and South Americans are having flashbacks. And the worst part is that you have teenagers involved, so the next generation is already formatted, they are already involved in what is an actual conflict.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
He's already been charged with first degree murder a day later. There's video evidence of him admitting it doing it, multiple witnesses. What more do you want, you fecking imbecile? Stand right next to him and cheer him on, while he's doing it?!
Plus he broke several different laws.

He should be going to jail for a very long time.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
This is the problem with guns in America. There's enough in that video to make me think that he could get off any murder charges. The first he's being chased. The second he's about to be lynched.
I agree. Technically a case can be made for self-defense, but it's self-defense with a automatic rifle which inevitably leads to these kind of scenarios. The fact he apparently isn't old enough own and open-carry a AR will for sure work against him.

fergieisold

I agree. Technically a case can be made for self-defense, but it's self-defense with a automatic rifle which inevitably leads to these kind of scenarios. The fact he apparently isn't old enough own and open-carry a AR will for sure work against him.
Yeh, he's obviously a complete idiot...not sure how manslaughter works in the US, maybe they could get that through due to him carrying an illegal weapon.

hobbers

You're an absolute disgrace.
What a disgusting place. I've always had a pretty deep dislike of America but at this stage I hope they just burn the place to the ground and start over.
:rolleyes: Ok precious.

Yeah... he's blaming murder victims. It's disgraceful, there is no argument here.
I didn't cast any aspersions on the victims, I just said the second and third shooting will be seen as self defence by anyone remotely familiar with US law. And having seen the first shooting now his legal team will probably even make a case for self defence there.

None of which is to say that an out of town 17 year old should be wandering around in the chaos of protests and riots armed with an assault rifle. But this sort of thing is now an inevitability in America. So anyone who brushes off rioting, looting and arson is also brushing off the fact that this sort of shooting incident is only going to happen more and more often if violent protests continue.

Raven

:rolleyes: Ok precious.

I didn't cast any aspersions on the victims, I just said the second and third shooting will be seen as self defence by anyone remotely familiar with US law. And having seen the first shooting now his legal team will probably even make a case for self defence there.

None of which is to say that an out of town 17 year old should be wandering around in the chaos of protests and riots armed with an assault rifle. But this sort of thing is now an inevitability in America. So anyone who brushes off rioting, looting and arson is also brushing off the fact that this sort of shooting incident is only going to happen more and more often if violent protests continue.
This is what happens when people are oppressed. Protesting and riots are inevitable. The fact that these wannabe vigilantes are now shooting people dead and being patted on the back by law enforcement is sick. The media and the government have a responsibility to lower tensions and stop these things from happening but instead fan the flames and make everything worse.

If he manages to get off of the murder of the second chap that is absolutely nuts. They were trying to subdue a criminal and that can be seen given that one of them had a gun and could have killed him but instead tried to disarm the the shooter. He was shot in the arm for his troubles.

The fact that far right militias are able to roam freely is baffling as well. These crowds should be dispersed and sent back to their homes but instead are being commended. The whole situation is fecked.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
I asked for evidence that he committed murder not that he killed someone there is a difference. What I see is a video where somebody charges him and he shoots them. I bet you he doesn’t get convicted of murder based on the video evidence and your post insulting me just shows that some people can’t handle mature discussions of controversial issues.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
I asked for evidence that he committed murder not that he killed someone there is a difference. What I see is a video where somebody charges him and he shoots them. I bet you he doesn’t get convicted of murder based on the video evidence and your post insulting me just shows that some people can’t handle mature discussions of controversial issues.
"Prove it"

"Don't facts matter?"

" Yup anyone who has a different opinion from the standard accepted narrative is a disgrace. "

If this is how a mature discussion looks like I'd love to see you get immature.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
"Prove it"

"Don't facts matter?"

" Yup anyone who has a different opinion from the standard accepted narrative is a disgrace. "

If this is how a mature discussion looks like I'd love to see you get immature.
I’m not sure what your point is. Could you rephrase that if you’re trying to criticize my posts? I don’t see anything wrong in asking for evidence when I’m trying to understand the circumstances. From the video evidence I don’t see a crazed shooter I see a dumb kid armed with a gun being attacked by people crazy enough to attack a dumb kid armed with a gun. Shootings are a logical ending to this scenario I sure as hell wouldn’t be anywhere near the dumb kid with a gun if I was there.

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
I think it's very obvious what I meant, so I'll pass on that rephrasing. I'm not discussing the shooting with you anyway.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Quality control
Amercia is owned and controlled. That's what debt does. But the ones talking about systemic racism are marxists and that's the problem in many parts. You cannot have these ideologies in a healthy nation. So America is in trouble. It goes beyond politics. They pull down statues, not because of any other reason then they are marxists but they are very tricky with language. This floyd stuff, has been ridden hard by these people. It's one thing to think a certain way, it's another not only to do what they've done but for it to be allowed.....during a pandemic. With them science folk saying...they not spreading anything......of course they ain't (while you accuse churches oh and cash is very bad...) . But they used one perceived form of racism and enacted their agenda using another. In English, they're created this narrative that cops are racist. So much so that people might make that assumption. And once it happened, the marxists infiltrated and used what happened for their own selfish ends. And they're evil. But people don't get, you cannot eradicate racism because it's the marxists that use it. It is a political tool. They are behind it. They want you to talk about it because people are too stupid to understand where racism comes from. That's why it's folly to think you can solve racism by thinking it's legitimate. Evil is the root and that's what it is and people should call it evil because it cannot bring any kind of peace. If they wanted to cure racism? They'd stop talking about it. It really is that simple.

Last edited:

Fingeredmouse

I asked for evidence that he committed murder not that he killed someone there is a difference.
He has been charged with first degree murder. Specifically. Which was stated in the post you were replying to. I assume that charge is based on evidence which the Police, and not a poster on a football forum, are privy to. Whilst he has not yet been tried, the charge would suggest that there is sufficient evidence regarding his actions to warrant it.

Why not wait and see that evidence rather than dying on the hill of defending a wee prick who, at the minimum, travelled to another state with an automatic weapon to stick it to the commies?

Fingeredmouse

Amercia is owned and controlled. That's what debt does. But the ones talking about systemic racism are marxists and that's the problem in many parts. You cannot have these ideologies in a healthy nation. So America is in trouble. It goes beyond politics. They pull down statues, not because of any other reason then they are marxists but they are very tricky with language. This floyd stuff, has been ridden hard by these people. It's one thing to think a certain way, it's another not only to do what they've done but for it to be allowed.....during a pandemic. With them science folk saying...they not spreading anything......of course they ain't (while you accuse churches oh and cash is very bad...) . But they used one perceived form of racism and enacted their agenda using another. In English, they're created this narrative that cops are racist. So much so that people might make that assumption. And once it happened, the marxists infiltrated and used what happened for their own selfish ends. And they're evil. But people don't get, you cannot eradicate racism because it's the marxists that use it. It is a political tool. They are behind it. They want you to talk about it because people are too stupid to understand where racism comes from. That's why it's folly to think you can solve racism by thinking it's legitimate. Evil is the root and that's what it is and people should call it evil because it cannot bring any kind of peace. If they wanted to cure racism? They'd stop talking about it. It really is that simple.
My favourite part of this post is the fact that it was apparently edited.

bucky

The mature discussion you are having is whether it's okay that a white supremacist murdered someone. So I think the insult was justified.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
He has been charged with first degree murder. Specifically. Which was stated in the post you were replying to. I assume that charge is based on evidence which the Police, and not a poster on a football forum, are privy to. Whilst he has not yet been tried, the charge would suggest that there is sufficient evidence regarding his actions to warrant it.

Why not wait and see that evidence rather than dying on the hill of defending a wee prick who, at the minimum, travelled to another state with an automatic weapon to stick it to the commies?
That’s exactly what I said in post 7738. This is my post:

“Do you know the circumstances surrounding the first shooting? Without knowing that I cant say the shootings captured on video can be called murder.”

I wasn’t actually defending him I wanted to know if he was acting in self defence or not before calling him a murderer. You’re actually agreeing with me here and the video evidence which was subsequently posted makes it look like self defence.

I don’t know if they are commies or not and I’m not American but I think the problem is the protestors who have been burning and looting and attacking people indiscriminately not the people who are out to defend their property. Not talking about the shooter specifically who is underage and carrying an illegal weapon.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I've read some stupid things on the caf, but this might be the winner.

I am going to call this the Blanket Theory as it is similar to a child's belief that by covering their head with a blanket the monsters will cease to exist.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

“Do you know the circumstances surrounding the first shooting? Without knowing that I cant say the shootings captured on video can be called murder.”

I wasn’t actually defending him I wanted to know if he was acting in self defence or not before calling him a murderer. You’re actually agreeing with me here and the video evidence which was subsequently posted makes it look like self defence.

I don’t know if they are commies or not and I’m not American but I think the problem is the protestors who have been burning and looting and attacking people indiscriminately not the people who are out to defend their property. Not talking about the shooter specifically who is underage and carrying an illegal weapon.
You should read this:
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/939/III/48

Any decent prosecutor will get the conviction. The psyco kid will go to jail for a long time.

Fingeredmouse

...and what do you think may have triggered this social unrest?

Do you not think that gangs of tooled up right wing militia supported by the President and at least some of the actual Police force might not equally be a problem?

The logical extension of your final paragraph is that it is the protester's just deserts for their actions although I'm sure that's not what you believe.

nimic

something nice
Scout
You are literally the worst.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
...and what do you think may have triggered this social unrest?

Do you not think that gangs of tooled up right wing militia supported by the President and at least some of the actual Police force might not equally be a problem?

The logical extension of your final paragraph is that it is the protester's just deserts for their actions although I'm sure that's not what you believe.
I come from south east Asia I know what it’s like to have a repressive government that arrests and imprisons people without trial and a police force that acts outside the law. I also know that we brought about change by peacefully protesting against the government and changing it through the polls. Burning and looting and destroying public property is an invitation for them to crack down on you and it turns people against you.

I’m pretty sure outside of western countries nobody supports these movements anymore because the amount of destruction the protestors have caused has hardened attitudes against them. Certainly everyone I know in this part of the world looks at the protests as nothing more than an excuse for thugs to loot and destroy. I fully agree that police brutality is the cause of this but the reaction of the out of control mob is hugely detrimental to any effort to bring about meaningful reform and you might see a reaction to this being Trumps re-election which is going to screw us all over.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Pulling down statues of racists leaders from the 1800s equals Marxism. This is what I'd expect to hear from an uneducated person residing in rural America. At least the poster stopped short of adding "communist, socialist Muslim".

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I was about to post something along the lines of "I didn't know Trump was posting on here" but then I realised this is actually not going off quite as many tangents as he would. So that's not great news either.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Damn. Would have loved to have seen it before the edit. Could only imagine what was changed, how amazing the post was before it was edited, probably just for clarity.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

How about you focus on the fact that you’re not an American & cease posting about it?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That’s really not how self defense works.

JPRouve

Scout
I've read some stupid things on the caf, but this might be the winner.

I am going to call this the Blanket Theory as it is similar to a child's belief that by covering their head with a blanket the monsters will cease to exist.
I still believe in that theory but with aliens.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
How about you focus on the fact that you’re not an American & cease posting about it?
TBH if all us non-Americans ceased posting about the US the current event section would die instantly.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
TBH if all us non-Americans ceased posting about the US the current event section would die instantly.
Good point. I guess the fact that he’s bringing it up & continuing with the horrible post just irritates me. We currently suck as a country, no doubt, but mensas like this do nothing to add to the discourse.