Protests following the killing of George Floyd

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's not about what's allowed or not allowed, it's about common sense

The man was in his porch, looking for something that doesn't happened often in his lifetime, in a very conducive condition (it's not like there's imminent threat of bombs or shooting), is that even necessary?

Again american cops loves to hide behind the what's allowed and not allowed. Yes they have that in their books that they can pinned a suspect as they see fit, but do they need to? In George's case it wasn't necessary, but they did it anyway because they can, because the law allows them to. If cops starts using their common sense like in most western countries none of this would happens. The lies isn't with the justice system, it's the human's error.
I agree with pretty much all of that.

diarm

I don't have any opinion of you as unlike many on here I don't jump to conclusions or try to assassinate someone's character without trying to engage and understand their point fully beforehand.
Well that's nonsense. You clearly think I'm a simpleton incapable of engaging with, or understanding your intellectual heavyweight of a point.

You set up a straw man argument and embellished it multiple times by dishonestly claiming that the cars were blocked, suggesting that the officers inside somehow had no other choice remaining to them.

Playing the victim doesn't change that. I wasn't lying when I said I'm happy to leave this but I'm also not going to give you the satisfaction of a smug last word. You were wrong and still are.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well that's nonsense. You clearly think I'm a simpleton incapable of engaging with, or understanding your intellectual heavyweight of a point.

You set up a straw man argument and embellished it multiple times by dishonestly claiming that the cars were blocked, suggesting that the officers inside somehow had no other choice remaining to them.

Playing the victim doesn't change that. I wasn't lying when I said I'm happy to leave this but I'm also not going to give you the satisfaction of a smug last word. You were wrong and still are.
Ok.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
It’s almost as if;

- Building War as a cornerstone of your economy
- Building a war machine to run on it
- Feeding that machine with wars against almost exclusively non-white countries
- Having a clear route that sees 1 in 5 Police Officers sourced from Veterans of these wars
- Militarising the police every time the war machine has some quiet years
- Telling the country that they need guns to fight future tyranny
- Allowing a right wing propaganda network to take in 50% of the eyeballs watching news every day

.... well it’s as if that creates a weird society that is ready to disintegrate when the oppressed decide they’ve had enough.

America is a disgusting place. Rotten to the core in all of the areas it should be pure.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I say that in particular for swordman, I don't know what exactly happened beforehand but swinging a sword is incredibly stupid in that type of context, it's not a movie you are vulnerable.
Taking a weapon like that into/near a riot is just insane. Staggering levels of stupidty.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Don't try and backtrack. It's certainly not "faux outrage" as I find it highly insulting to tell someone they are friends with racists.

Put the personal insults aside and discuss like an adult or log off and take your pent up anger out elsewhere. No time for it.
No, I apologise. You were right. We need to treat cops driving through a crowd of people with the nuance it deserves. I am sorry for suggesting that in raising that point you were ‘licking the boots of your racist friends’. I am sorry that I am unable to discuss these sorts of things like an adult, and that my instinct when I see cops driving through a crowd of people is “well, that is not good”. I now see the appropriate response is “wow wonder what emergency necessitated that, must have made the maiming of a crowd somewhat understandable”.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Don’t really know much about US politics but surely Barrack Obama can come out to give a speech to ease tensions or wouldn’t he make a difference?

Because there’s no way Trump can bring an end to this with his recent comments.
I'd love to hear Obama do something of this nature while also sharing his opinion of how the current CPOTUS (c-crybaby) is more concerned about himself, his shitshow of leadership, etc. Thin-skinned Trump would not take it well. And his inevitable response at Obama would simply illustrate the former's point.

GiddyUp

Can anyone tell me why I can't play any of the videos here? "Media not found".

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This cop was itching. These guys are mentally unfit for law enforcement.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s almost as if;

- Building War as a cornerstone of your economy
- Building a war machine to run on it
- Feeding that machine with wars against almost exclusively non-white countries
- Having a clear route that sees 1 in 5 Police Officers sourced from Veterans of these wars
- Militarising the police every time the war machine has some quiet years
- Telling the country that they need guns to fight future tyranny
- Allowing a right wing propaganda network to take in 50% of the eyeballs watching news every day

.... well it’s as if that creates a weird society that is ready to disintegrate when the oppressed decide they’ve had enough.

America is a disgusting place. Rotten to the core in all of the areas it should be pure.
Spot on. The problems within American society are deep and complicated. It's an almighty task to rebuild and it certainly won't happen with Trump at the helm. One thing they can do fairly quickly is to ban firearms. Slowly but surely culture would change and other things could be introduced to tackle the issues within law enforcement and racism.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
So you are one of the "violence supporters" too eh? Makes sense I guess.

Yep, it's all for the good cause! Yay!
So I'm a violence supporter now eh?

Funny how there's no mention of why we are where we are, no support for those who live their life in fear each and every day, people who are being killed just because the skin they happened to be born in.

Noooo, it's all about what these bad people are doing to things. And even then, you have no proof that the looting and all the stuff (violence against people I don't agree with btw) is directly caused by the actual people out their protesting because they are sick and tired of having no voice, nobody to hear their plea.

Yeah you can take your "both sides are wrong" attitude and stick it. Oh and claiming violence is wrong, yet going on to say we should all be wiped out...well I'll leave that one with you.

TheReligion

Abusive
No, I apologise. You were right. We need to treat cops driving through a crowd of people with the nuance it deserves. I am sorry for suggesting that in raising that point you were ‘licking the boots of your racist friends’. I am sorry that I am unable to discuss these sorts of things like an adult, and that my instinct when I see cops driving through a crowd of people is “well, that is not good”. I now see the appropriate response is “wow wonder what emergency necessitated that, must have made the maiming of a crowd somewhat understandable”.
As I said before. Grow up.

diarm

Thought this was brilliant.

His ability to articulate with such clarity while talking about such emotive matters is really impressive. He hits the nail on the head over and over again.

evil_geko

So I'm a violence supporter now eh?

Funny how there's no mention of why we are where we are, no support for those who live their life in fear each and every day, people who are being killed just because the skin they happened to be born in.

Noooo, it's all about what these bad people are doing to things. And even then, you have no proof that the looting and all the stuff (violence against people I don't agree with btw) is directly caused by the actual people out their protesting because they are sick and tired of having no voice, nobody to hear their plea.

Yeah you can take your "both sides are wrong" attitude and stick it. Oh and claiming violence is wrong, yet going on to say we should all be wiped out...well I'll leave that one with you.
If you can't understand how condoning violence no matter the reason is idiotic, I can't help you there, you can dig around it all you want. I can stick my attitude all I want, those facts wont change.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
If you can't understand how condoning violence no matter the reason is idiotic, I can't help you there, you can dig around it all you want. I can stick my attitude all I want, those facts wont change.
Idiotic?

I'd rather people like you, who value property over human life, see me like that than ever be on your side of this. People who think those oppressed should accept their life and not speak and act out.

But hey, since you want us all wiped out anyway, what category does that fall under?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This cop was itching. These guys are mentally unfit for law enforcement.

This is how incels behave when you give them some authority and a gun, it's their wet dream.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Its been done to death im sure, but there is a very famous MLK speech/quote on this which - expectedly - hits the nail on the head:

It is as necessary for me to be as vigorous in condemning the conditions which cause persons to feel that they must engage in riotous activities as it is for me to condemn riots. I think America must see that riots do not develop out of thin air. Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard.

)_(

If you can't understand how condoning violence no matter the reason is idiotic, I can't help you there, you can dig around it all you want.
If you don't understand the difference between state violence and violence of the unheard then that's on you. You expect people to be oppressed for 400 years and just happily stand by? F*ck that noise. Slavery, convict leasing, black codes, lynching, jim crow, mass incarceration and ghettoization. Again and again white america has found new ways to oppress black people. If the state wants to prevent violence then they know what to do.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
What are your thoughts on the Haitian revolution? You do not overthrow systems of oppression without violence. It is violence that maintains these systems and they will not be removed by peaceful protest or the ballot box. That’s the inescapable truth.

GiddyUp

If you're allowed to be on your own property during curfew (which I think you are from what I have read about it) then they've done nothing wrong for being outside on their porch. If the police (authority or whatever) ask me to do something and I am not breaking the law then I do not have to comply with them and should most definitely not be shot.
Exactly. Walk up to the house and say it's not safe and to stay indoors while police are on your street. But they are in their element and preferred to be heavy handed by firing on them. Armed uniformed people people in America are are showing themselves for what they really are.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You've completely missed the point. Never heard of the term 'fight or flight'?? If somebody breaks into your house and threatens your family I'm guessing you're just going to try and engage in peaceful dialogue?

This is not just an arbitrary reaction. This is a response to years and years of police brutality and black people like Arbery getting mown down at the hands of white privilege. It's only because of video that these people will hopefully eventually get justice. So whilst you're taking the moral high ground and criticising all of those voiceless people for doing whatever it takes to get heard, spare a thought for all of those black people who did not have the luxury of a mobile phone video and social media.

diarm

Its been done to death im sure, but there is a very famous MLK speech/quote on this which - expectedly - hits the nail on the head:
Bang on.

There's a JFK quote that works well too:
JFK said:
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is how incels behave when you give them some authority and a gun, it's their wet dream.
Yep. I said earlier that some of those feckers looked ie they were experiencing some form of sexual arousal in that clip. Incel ammosexuals.

Lj82

Especially when a phrase like ‘Light them up!’ rings out from the swarm of cops.
It's very telling of their attitude.
I get that emotions can run high during a riot, but you get the sense that the police seems to be relishing this and is using the opportunity to lash out

Last edited:

)_(

Another good MLK quote: "First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Reactions: Fortitude

Carolina Red

Staff

evil_geko

So many people condoning violence, bloody hell, this is why I ask for purge, world is fecked in the head.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm not going to get into semantics with you. The videos speak for themselves. I think it's pretty clear the vehicles are being blocked and attacked.
If the 1st car can safely reverse out of the situation then it's not blocked in or surrounded. If the 2nd car can drive up to the situation like that then it's not blocked in or surrounded. It's laughable to say that the videos show something else.