Protests following the killing of George Floyd

evil_geko

You are on the wrong side of this fight.

And your privilege lets you be with no hint of shame.

(Btw you need to look up the word irony, because you clearly don't get it)
That is the point, I am on a side of not killing innocent people, you know, common sense and all that? And yeah, I understand irony all right, too bad you couldn't see it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So many people condoning violence, bloody hell, this is why I ask for purge, world is fecked in the head.
You keep making that point and I don't know if you are purposely obtuse or genuinely failing to understand the context. People are understanding violence, they are understanding that centuries of violence and systemic acceptance/maintenance of that violence has created the response you see today. No one is really condoning it but many know that it is an inevitable and recurrent outcome, there is a point where people stop turning the other cheek.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
NSA Robert O'Brien on CNN blaming leftists and saying ANTIFA have been imported from Seattle and other locations.

And he just said he doesn't believe systemic racism exists. "Just a few bad apples. Some are racists but only a few bad apples. 99.9999% are good, and many are black, Hispanic, etc."

Carolina Red

Staff
400 years of slavery, oppression, and violence towards a group of people just might lead to some buildings being burned down. Just saying...

The US has asked for this.

Suv666

Thought this was brilliant.

His ability to articulate with such clarity while talking about such emotive matters is really impressive. He hits the nail on the head over and over again.
Dr West's book Race Matters is a brilliant read. I'd suggest everyone to check it out. Its still very relevant.

Sara125

Soooo... in the midst of protests caused by an officer’s knee on a man’s neck... this officer has his knee on a man’s neck.

You cannot make this shit up.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So many people condoning violence, bloody hell, this is why I ask for purge, world is fecked in the head.
Look, black Americans are facing violence every fecking day. And not just from angry random citizens but from the very people who are supposed to enforce the law and keep people safe. How goddamn scared do you think you’d feel if the very mechanisms in place to keep law and order treated you like the enemy for no reason other than your skin colour?!

So what do far too many white people, who don’t have to live with this constant fear themselves say? Oh be peaceful! Violence solves nothing! Violence just pollutes the good peaceful protests! Do you think black people haven’t TRIED peaceful protest? They’ve been peacefully protesting since the 1960’s, that’s 60 fecking years of trying to peacefully ask that their kids not be allowed to be murdered by cops.

Should they wait another 60 years? Should they let another generation of black kids grow up having to be warned by their parents that nothing short of complete submission is possible when dealing with law enforcement? That if a cop grabs you, throws you against a wall, calls you racist names, gives you a few punches, that under no circumstances can you even verbally resist, because there’s a good chance you’ll wind up dead on the floor and the police will walk away scot free because it was just another ‘thug’ who was obviously ‘resisting arrest’.

Could you live like that?

evil_geko

Show one post where I condone killing innocent people.

In fact, show one where anyone does.

Whereas you, on the other hand, I can show a couple where you condone the death of billions.
You are literally unreachable, you take everything literally, keep digging around the topics, why do I even try with you anymore is beyond me.

On the other hand you keep "hunting" me in threads like a psychopath. Bloody hell! :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Look, black Americans are facing violence every fecking day. And not just from angry random citizens but from the very people who are supposed to enforce the law and keep people safe. How goddamn scared do you think you’d feel if the very mechanisms in place to keep law and order treated you like the enemy for no reason other than your skin colour?!

So what do far too many white people, who don’t have to live with this constant fear themselves say? Oh be peaceful! Violence solves nothing! Violence just pollutes the good peaceful protests! Do you think black people haven’t TRIED peaceful protest? They’ve been peacefully protesting since the 1960’s, that’s 60 fecking years of trying to peacefully ask that their kids not be allowed to be murdered by cops.

Should they wait another 60 years? Should they let another generation of black kids grow up having to be warned by their parents that nothing short of complete submission is possible when dealing with law enforcement? That if a cop grabs you, throws you against a wall, calls you racist names, gives you a few punches, that under no circumstances can you even verbally resist, because there’s a good chance you’ll wind up dead on the floor and the police will walk away scot free because it was just another ‘thug’ who was obviously ‘resisting arrest’.

Could you live like that?
Great post.

But it's sadly lost on this one. I used to think he was just a mildly amusing troll, but who in their right mind would do that in a thread like this?

TheReligion

Abusive

Soooo... in the midst of protests caused by an officer’s knee on a man’s neck... this officer has his knee on a man’s neck.

I wonder if they are trained to do that or something during their unarmed tactics? It's certainly not something that exists within training in the UK however it does seem a coincidence that it's happening again here under the circumstances.

Heardy

I didn't realise black lives only mattered in the US?
That’s not what I said - which is why I said I hope it stays civil.

If this progressed to rioting - that’s would be ridiculous. You don’t riot in the UK / against UK establishment of injustice in the US!

Black lives matter everywhere and people have the right to protest, not use it as an excuse to assemble a mob and trash a city/country totally unrelated to the incident.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You are literally unreachable, you take everything literally, keep digging around the topics, why do I even try with you anymore is beyond me.

On the other hand you keep "hunting" me in threads like a psychopath. Bloody hell! :lol:
You don't understand the word literal.

And what topic have I "dug" around, I've written much more on this subject than you and your short and rather embarassing posts.

Finally, what does that last paragraph mean? We've conversed in what, three threads on here? All of which has gone the same way, I've called you out to explain yourself whilst talking rationally and you've just resorted to calling me "idiotic" and avoiding any questions.

So again, point out where I or anyone else condone killing of innocent people. Or stop making a fool of yourself, admit you have no clue of the subject, and take what self respect you have left and leave a thread that really doesn't warrant petty bickering.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There are demonstrations outside the US embassies in many countries today, this has shades of the world wide anger against the apartheid regime in South Africa.

This could all be tempered down if either the Twitler or his fat ass AG come out, hold a press conference and announce sweeping measures to regulate police power including body cameras at all times etc but there's a complete abdication of leadership from the government which is happy blaming China, antifa, radical left or whatever else floats the boat for the day.

Sara125

I wonder if they are trained to do that or something during their unarmed tactics? It's certainly not something that exists within training in the UK however it does seem a coincidence that it's happening again here under the circumstances.
Or they’re just a bunch of fecked up bullies

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

If this progressed to rioting - that’s would be ridiculous. You don’t riot in the UK / against UK establishment of injustice in the US!

Black lives matter everywhere and people have the right to protest, not use it as an excuse to assemble a mob and trash a city/country totally unrelated to the incident.
The injustice is not exclusive to the US. There are plenty of examples of UK citizens being killed by either police or racists. The UK is just as much a nation built by racism as the US is.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

You have to be a different type of stupid to do this.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah, those articles say it's only been used in that context by morons on Reddit and Twitter for less than a year. Most people in the UK won't know or care what they're up to.

Like I said, I don't really have much of an interest in the "alt right" conversation in America. Seems like a lot of angry young men being bellends.

Fingeredmouse

That is the point, I am on a side of not killing innocent people, you know, common sense and all that? And yeah, I understand irony all right, too bad you couldn't see it.
The poster is clearly referring to you condoning violence and asking for a purge in a single sentence.

Of course, you knew that.

Your whole "common sense" and plea for civility angle might work a little better if you could acknowledge that some of your posts have been somewhat hyperbolic and might make you seem a little less self righteous.

People are not celebrating violence. If you genuinely can't understand why posters feel empathy with the people involved in these protests after a continuous and brutal disenfranchisement in the States then maybe you should try to listen and, perhaps in the end, understand.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

If coppers were allowed guns as freely as they are in the states it wouldn't be that much different IMO.

TheReligion

Abusive
The injustice is not exclusive to the US. There are plenty of examples of UK citizens being killed by either police or racists. The UK is just as much a nation built by racism as the US is.
I'm sorry but to compare police brutality in the UK to the US is wrong and very misleading. It's chalk and cheese.

That said racism is a world wide issue though and not just something exclusive to the United States.

Carolina Red

Staff
Anecdotal, but a guy my brother went to school with is a county sheriff's deputy now and he said they were taught to use it but only for a few seconds if absolutely necessary... he also said the guy in Minnesota murdered George Floyd.

They might want to take "knee to the neck" out of the handbook.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
There are demonstrations outside the US embassies in many countries today, this has shades of the world wide anger against the apartheid regime in South Africa.

This could all be tempered down if either the Twitler or his fat ass AG come out, hold a press conference and announce sweeping measures to regulate police power including body cameras at all times etc but there's a complete abdication of leadership from the government which is happy blaming China, antifa, radical left or whatever else floats the boat for the day.
I think it's a great gesture from the people who are protesting, but I doubt anything will come of it directly. The US are way too big for other states to interfere. We will see some statements (most of them painfully ambiguous) to get people off their own back and that's it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm sorry but to compare police brutality in the UK to the US is wrong and very misleading. It's chalk and cheese.

That said racism is a world wide issue though and not just something exclusive to the United States.
I didn't compare them in terms of police brutality. I'm stating a fact that in the UK there are citizens that have been killed by police or racists. That's a fact.

TheReligion

Abusive
Anecdotal, but a guy my brother went to school with is a county sheriff's deputy now and he said they were taught to use it but only for a few seconds if absolutely necessary... he also said the guy in Minnesota murdered George Floyd.

They might want to take "knee to the neck" out of the handbook.
That's interesting. It's not something we are taught in the UK and I'd be interested to know what the rationale is for having a knee on someone's neck in any training syllabus would be. Is there any cross over with military tactics?

I don't know enough about it but it does look like something they are being trained to do which is really concerning when it comes to policing in general in the US.