Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I wonder if all this has moved anyone into actually disliking the royal family and what it stands for when prior to this they were mostly indifferent?
I think it's pushed me into the dislike camp. It's not the funeral and all the pomp and ceremony, it's just that it's reminding me of the unfairness of it all. Normally we don't see them much on the news, this has just made it all very obvious.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think it's pushed me into the dislike camp. It's not the funeral and all the pomp and ceremony, it's just that it's reminding me of the unfairness of it all. Normally we don't see them much on the news, this has just made it all very obvious.
You’re made of solid gold Penna x

buchansleftleg

I'm surprised we are still using a very traditional queuing system rather than booking slots online, or using a ticket system.

Surely the country could stretch to at least using some Post Office machines.

"Mourning lane number four please!"

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
She's literally lying in a fecking Palace right now as thousands of people risk their health to stand in line to walk past her, and her funeral will cost millions of pounds. In comparison most of our grandmothers are bunged in a hole after sitting in a morgue for a few days. But, yeah, don't say anything naughty about someone's grandmother such as "should this really be paid for by taxpayers" because that would be disrespectful...
Very disrespectful (too soon!). There is a time and a place for that.

Zen86

I wonder if all this has moved anyone into actually disliking the royal family and what it stands for when prior to this they were mostly indifferent?
I think most people are still indifferent. A lot of this is just bandwagoning and the media being dramatic and whipping up a frenzy as per usual. There’s a lot of piss boiling going on which is quite funny though.

phelans shorts

Not so much all this nonsense, do think going from the reasonably placid kind looking old lady to her son will see a sharp royal family popularity drop though.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
@Revaulx what do you make of the music for the service? The Queen clearly liked Croft to have 2 of his pieces in the service but I can't lie and say I'm not a tad disappointed they aren't going to do Purcell's funeral sentences. Hopefully Weir's new piece is as good as the incredible Psalm 104 commissioned for Philip's funeral.