5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gannicus

The man has lost it. Maybe he finds it again somewhere else, but there's really no point in Louis playing him again.

ChrisG11

Falcao hasnt had a shot on target in over 6 hours. Nevermind a goal. That is utterly indefensible.
He had a shot on target when he came on you plank.

Massive overreaction in this thread IMO. We never looked like getting in behind and he managed to split the two CBs within 10 minutes, and it also allowed Rooney to start receiving the ball in space deeper than previously. Honestly don't think he did that bad when he came on.

Empire

Why are you laughing? Did you or I say something funny?
I just found it funny you think the manager should play youth prospects like Wilson (or players who will be here next season) as opposed to ensuring he will still be in a job.

My opinion is that his objective is top four, Liverpool with victory in their game in hand are 4 points behind us with 4 to play (we have Pulis' WBA, Pardiola's Palace away, Wenger's Arsenal and Bruce's relegation threatened Hull away), therefore I think he should be fully focused on doing what he thinks will get us points and clearly Falcao due to match rhythm was above both Wilson and RVP in the pecking order, he felt Fellaini was ineffective therefore he wanted to drop Rooney into midfield in the hope of having a 10 that offered more, his decision to play Falcao over a young player with potential was logical.

Roboc7

Why was Falcao pathetic? Unless we were creating chances for fun and he was missing them?

So if money matters we must judge the players in relation to their wages and not the performance we expect of a team challenging for top four, I respectfully disagree with this notion, it's not the way to secure top four and I'm glad we have a manager that agrees with me, he has been fond of letting us know it matters not whether a player cost 5k or 50m.
What does he do other than fall over, give the ball away or just pass it back to where it comes from. Never holds the ball up, never turns a man, never beats a man, completely pointless being on the pitch. What striker does get chances created for fun week in week out, total nonsense, all strikers have to work for goals and contribute to the team.

Well of course it matters how much money someone earns, when the club are assessing whether to keep him it will be incredibly relevant how much money he costs and at the moment he isn't worth even a token amount. FFP, budgets are all part of football, if you can spend money better why buy him? Ultimately if he was scoring goals it wouldn't matter but he isnt and hasn't all season so sooner he is gone the better.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He had a shot on target when he came on you plank.

Massive overreaction in this thread IMO. We never looked like getting in behind and he managed to split the two CBs within 10 minutes, and it also allowed Rooney to start receiving the ball in space deeper than previously. Honestly don't think he did that bad when he came on.
So change hasn't to didnt and my point still stands. That's an awful return.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I said it before today, I can't see him scoring again for us.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I just found it funny you think the manager should play youth prospects like Wilson (or players who will be here next season) as opposed to ensuring he will still be in a job.

My opinion is that his objective is top four, Liverpool with victory in their game in hand are 4 points behind us with 4 to play (we have Pulis' WBA, Pardiola's Palace away, Wenger's Arsenal and Bruce's relegation threatened Hull away), therefore I think he should be fully focused on doing what he thinks will get us points and clearly Falcao due to match rhythm was above both Wilson and RVP in the pecking order, he felt Fellaini was ineffective therefore he wanted to drop Rooney into midfield in the hope of having a 10 that offered more, his decision to play Falcao over a young player with potential was logical.
Youre missing the point - Falcao doesnt help us, thus his presence wont help us achieve top 4. No question Wilson, even Fellaini would be a better option in his place.

Wilson probably has as many goals as him anyway and at the very least has pace to stretch defenders.

Kakeru

I dunno how long this will keep going, but the fact that LVG keeps playing him can become a source of growing discontent in the dressing room. It's better for all parties involved that the divorce is pronounced now.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I dunno how long this will keep going, but the fact that LVG keeps playing him can become a source of growing discontent in the dressing room. It's better for all parties involved that the divorce is pronounced now.
To be fair, I think the dressing room loves him so that's a plus.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I don't see exactly how nobody in the dressing room is infuriated at how he does feck all while others are waiting their turn.:wenger:
I agree to some extent, and Im sure theres some of that.

But today's bench... Could rvp, januzaj or di maria really say they have done more this season to warrant an appearance?

Adnan hasnt had a lot of games to be fair but he just hasnt looked the same as last year.

Kakeru

Who exactly is waiting that would be infuriated?
In this case, Wilson. While Van Persie was injured, Falcao kept doing nothing whenever he was called. So it would have been natural for Wilson to be picked at least a couple of times ahead of Falcao for whatever purpose there was (bringing something different, rub salt in Falcao's wounds with hope of bring him back with the mindset of a wounded animal, etc).

But today's bench... Could rvp, januzaj or di maria really say they have done more this season to warrant an appearance?

Adnan hasnt had a lot of games to be fair but he just hasnt looked the same as last year.
I can agree about Adnan and Van Persie for obvious reasons. However, Di Maria manages to earn those assists on the scoresheet a little bit like Mata does. Even before Van Persie took back a place on the bench, I would have preferred to see Wilson on a couple of times more.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
In this case, Wilson. While Van Persie was injured, Falcao kept doing nothing whenever he was called. So it would have been natural for Wilson to be picked at least a couple of times ahead of Falcao for whatever purpose there was (bringing something different, rub salt in Falcao's wounds with hope of bring him back with the mindset of a wounded animal, etc).

I can agree about Adnan and Van Persie for obvious reasons. However, Di Maria manages to earn those assists on the scoresheet a little bit like Mata does. Even before Van Persie took back a place on the bench, I would have preferred to see Wilson on a couple of times more.
Yeah fair enough. Im one of Wilson's more vocal supporters here and I too feel he should be given a chance over Falcao.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Guys, when was the last time we scored, while Falcao was on the pitch (either he scored or another player)?

Rezyuz

It just hurts to see him play like this. I want him to score so badly but its just embarrassing to see him on the field most of times.

RedRover

I liked the idea he was played to please his (and DDGs) agent, but now that it seems DDG is on his bike I really have no answer to that mystery. He's been paid a few millions in wages since his last shot on target.
It's amazing how bad he is given how good he was. It's sad to see.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Guys, when was the last time we scored, while Falcao was on the pitch (either he scored or another player)?
He started one game recently and tends to play 10-15 minute cameos when the team just sit back and wait for the final whistle. Harsh to blame Falcao for that.

JoaquinJoaquin

If Adnan had actually looked anything remotely decent last week then he might of got minutes today, his pace would if been a big plus point. But he was awful so he is going to have a bit of a wait now it looks like.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I don't see exactly how nobody in the dressing room is infuriated at how he does feck all while others are waiting their turn.:wenger:
He's had feck all service, it's not like he's spurning gilt edged chance after chance. I really don't see who in the dressing room would be so frustrated. Better to have an experienced head who is here on loan feeding off scraps, rather than damaging the confidence of someone like Wilson who is our player, and emerging.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Well he did score on the play that was offside. I was actually surprised he didn't miss.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I think if this went in his entire season would have been different. ;)

LeftyBlaster

He's had feck all service, it's not like he's spurning gilt edged chance after chance. I really don't see who in the dressing room would be so frustrated. Better to have an experienced head who is here on loan feeding off scraps, rather than damaging the confidence of someone like Wilson who is our player, and emerging.
He's been a victim of our impotent playstyle. He was played early in the season when were still finding our feet. To some extent we still are finding our feet but the wins over Spurs, Liverpool and City show we're well on our way. But it doesn't excuse his inability to hold up the ball and to take his chances when they've been presented to him. Cruel because of how inconsistently he's been involved but for a striker of his pedigree and wage, we expect him to do just that. Loses possession so easily it's unbelievable. I don't like it that he plays with his back to goal so much but that's partially a fault of our lack of players willing to try an incisive and direct ball into space. Especially today.

Winrar

I'm baffled as to why Van Gaal keeps playing him in recent games.

Is he still going to be here next season or what? I do have a feeling we have to play him x amount of games as a part of the loan deal or something.

Brophs

The One and Only
Most unfortunate player ever. Every time he plays we don't create any chances for him and they make a world class super striker look like a busted flush who has the first touch of a landmine.

Poor bloke. We should sign him to apologise.

togg

I can kind of understand why LVG put him on. RVP was totally out of match practise. Falcao is supposedly fit and one of those players who has/had immense talent, and I suppose as a manager you just hope that suddenly things click, because if they did, he would be lethal. It's just not happening, but by goodness I still think it was worth a try when we signed him on loan. It might have been great...unfortunately I don't think we or anyone else will see the full Falcao again. Lovely guy..but just not happening.

surf

Is Wilson injured? If not he should have been playing these last few weeks instead of Falcao. If Rooney misses next week, RVP please.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think if this went in his entire season would have been different. ;)

In fairness, he has shown glimpses of what he can do.
The problem is that he doesnt do this often enough.
It also doesnt help that everybody expects him to perform like a "Galactico", so when we see him struggle against lesser teams/defenders, we berate him for it.

Red_toad

The Fellaini of last season.
Not really, we were all happy to see him sign & had high expectations. Fellaini had a poor reception from many of our supporters.
I do wonder how he's getting chances from the bench, he's been incredibly poor for such a once talented player.
He is rightly being criticised.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Not really, we were all happy to see him sign & had high expectations. Fellaini had a poor reception from many of our supporters.
I do wonder how he's getting chances from the bench, he's been incredibly poor for such a once talented player.
He is rightly being criticised.
Indeed, Fellaini was not wanted from day 1. Falcao on the other hand, still has people on here defending him after another abject performance, based on reputation alone.

Rake

He is a goner... and will not be missed at all.

I see some people think he will be better next season if he stays... You don't buy a player for 40-50 million and blindly hope he will turn good again. Money better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.