Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I dont think Hernandez or Welbeck achieved quite the depths that Falcao has.
Welbeck could always be relied on for his all-round player and contribution, even if his finishing was poor.
Hernandez has always been a good goal poacher when he has been given the chance.

Put either of them in instead of Falcao this season and I think they would have achieved more, in some way shape or form.
Both moved to different clubs and haven't had much more success than Falcao has this season and neither of them were rushed back from career threatening knee injury like Falcao was.

If we want to compare direct scenarios, I think Falcao would've done better for Real this season than Hernandez has but that's completely hypothetical.

I don't think you're original point held much weight but I agree with Pogue, Welbeck and Hernandez were very different scenarios than Falcao and at completely different stages in their career.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Plus they were yong and lernin. You could forgive iffy performances on the basis they would almost certainly improve in the future. It's the doubts over Falcao's capacity to improve that makes it hard to be positive about him.
Also true.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Its a shame that goal he scored yesterday was offside, it would of been funny seeing how many people changed their mind on him and wanted him to stay.
really? to be his 5th goal by end of April?
If that changed anyone's mind they have to have questions asked.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Its a shame that goal he scored yesterday was offside, it would of been funny seeing how many people changed their mind on him and wanted him to stay.
Not sure why no one is seemingly bothered that he's stood 5 yards offside and not making any real effort to get back onside...

Sam

I know it's only Youtube, but how on earth can you go from the magnificent, clever and lethal goalscorer in this video, to the shambles we're seeing now? it happened Torres too, but it's still quite baffling how far they fell. Surely you'd still retain at least some quality.

Injuries and age.

Litch

he's been disappointingly but he's not alone. There's been more that have than haven't at most clubs. Then you have the 'wonder season' only to be found out the next. Must be difficult coming into a new country, new culture, new manager finding himself in a new team. A new team getting use to a new manager, new league yet alone finding your fitness. Not to mention the team being completely crap for half the season, it's hardly like we were flying. Again not to mention, wouldn't you need a proper run of games to find your form? Can you find your form with 15 and 20min cameos?

Roman Bellic

Prick
he's been disappointingly but he's not alone. There's been more that have than haven't at most clubs. Then you have the 'wonder season' only to be found out the next. Must be difficult coming into a new country, new culture, new manager finding himself in a new team. A new team getting use to a new manager, new league yet alone finding your fitness. Not to mention the team being completely crap for half the season, it's hardly like we were flying. Again not to mention, wouldn't you need a proper run of games to find your form? Can you find your form with 15 and 20min cameos?
All these excuses for a World Class player.... perfectly written though, its just sad that every single point just happens to be an excuse.

Sam

Only playing 20 minutes automatically means you can't control a football, pass a football, shoot on target or run without falling over,

Litch

All these excuses for a World Class player.... perfectly written though, its just sad that every single point just happens to be an excuse.
Im as disappointed as any but I remember a time when we use to give people a season to find their feet and that was a fact rather than an excuse. Despite how much money you pay people, it takes time to get use to this league if you've never played in it. Some never do. No don't he's struggled but look at the Chelsea and Everton game, there is improvement. Unfortunately he's missing a bit of luck but that happens in football.
Unfortunately, the momentum of negativity as swung against him in a way different to ADM who cost us 60m.
It's funny cause if you listen enough to the negativity about players, it's easy to agree than challenge it. In most recent times, DDG, Felliani and Young. Where are those people standing by there strong views now? Has Felliani learnt how to play football overnight cause I remember the clips in the CL game of him running the ball out of play. I read the post that Young was stealing a living. Where are those posters now standing by their assessment of those players now?

I'm sure they'll have their own set of excuses for why their assessments of those players were wrong......

Litch

Only playing 20 minutes automatically means you can't control a football, pass a football, shoot on target or run without falling over,
I think we should sack LVG. How could he possibly play a footballer that can't play football?

Bojan11

Disappointing thing is he gets worse every game somehow. When he first played he was fine. He was unlucky not to score against Leicester and made a good assist.

Since the turn of the year he has been awful. Newcastle at home was his last decent game.

prarek

I know it's only Youtube, but how on earth can you go from the magnificent, clever and lethal goalscorer in this video, to the shambles we're seeing now? it happened Torres too, but it's still quite baffling how far they fell. Surely you'd still retain at least some quality.

Ah those were the days when Falcao was batman and Costa was just his sidekick.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Im as disappointed as any but I remember a time when we use to give people a season to find their feet and that was a fact rather than an excuse. Despite how much money you pay people, it takes time to get use to this league if you've never played in it. Some never do. No don't he's struggled but look at the Chelsea and Everton game, there is improvement. Unfortunately he's missing a bit of luck but that happens in football.
Unfortunately, the momentum of negativity as swung against him in a way different to ADM who cost us 60m.
It's funny cause if you listen enough to the negativity about players, it's easy to agree than challenge it. In most recent times, DDG, Felliani and Young. Where are those people standing by there strong views now? Has Felliani learnt how to play football overnight cause I remember the clips in the CL game of him running the ball out of play. I read the post that Young was stealing a living. Where are those posters now standing by their assessment of those players now?

I'm sure they'll have their own set of excuses for why their assessments of those players were wrong......
Fellaini and Young improved in their first season under LVG though. With DDG, you can see his rooftop potential after first few months.

SATA

He seemed capable enough to stand on his feet, never mind scoring those ridiculous goals. Why is he falling over all the time now?

Water Melon

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/04/...nchester-united-starter-but-chicharito-cant/?

van Gaal wants Falcao rather than Chicho.....and I tend to agree...
Rather Chico than Radamel for me. He is younger, more mobile, more proven in EPL and is likely to decline less tremendously, while Falcao looks past his best, on mega bucks and is very unlikely to hit the form of his old best. In LvG I trust, but I am afraid that Chico will do better elsewhere than Radamel at United next season.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
What are the odds we'll keep him..?
I think there's a chance if you can get the price down to £20m. If Monaco still want €43m, forget it. Plus a Falcao pay cut which I can't see happening.

Last edited:

RikRuud

Such a likeable guy it seems. Shame its not worked out. I'm hoping Real put a bid in for him. Do not want to see him lining up for one of our domestic rivals next year. Madrid move would probably favour all parties.

Litch

Fellaini and Young improved in their first season under LVG though. With DDG, you can see his rooftop potential after first few months.
Eh???? But that's not the point. The point you missed is most wrote those players off last season didn't they? We had the whole belittling of Fellaini in the media and by pundits, so who would have predicted their turnaround this season? Isn't Young's form keeping our 60m player on the bench?

DDG was longer than a few months......

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Not trying to "defend" him here, but Falcao did no worse than Rooney who was on the back foot all game.

I think there's a chance if you can get the price down to £20m. If Monaco still want €43m, forget it. Plus a Falcao pay cut which I can't see happening.
Monaco is very eager to get him of his books, and after the season he has had, they would be mad to ask a price like that. Also (unless he is an idiot), he should be more than happy to take a paycut to play for us.

Imagine if we get him for a bargain price and then "old Falcao" turns up next year :drool:

JoaquinJoaquin

Monaco will probably want a full price I think.
There is not a chance in hell Monaco would get full price and even they will know that, In fact i'm sure even the President has said on record he knows Falcao has struggled this year. There will definitely be room for negotiations one way or another.

Litch

There is not a chance in hell Monaco would get full price and even they will know that, In fact i'm sure even the President has said on record he knows Falcao has struggled this year. There will definitely be room for negotiations one way or another.
I think those discussions are being had. We'll sign him for an undisclosed fee. The noises LVG is making suggests this and he don't give a feck whether we are paying him 250k a week, he wouldn't play him if he didn't think he was up to it. Fact.

Mali_Zeus

LVG said sthing like he may have to talk with him just as he had a talk with Chicharito and Welbeck. Although he said he's fit to play too or something in those lines

RedorDead21

Plus they were yong and lernin. You could forgive iffy performances on the basis they would almost certainly improve in the future. It's the doubts over Falcao's capacity to improve that makes it hard to be positive about him.
But we are creating next to nothing even when we are winning and controlling games. Even against City we scored 4 but it wasnt chance after chance territory. All I'm saying is I would bet afew goals and Falcao would look completely different. For Arsenal for example he'd score a truck load.

Ekeke

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2015/04/...nchester-united-starter-but-chicharito-cant/?

van Gaal wants Falcao rather than Chicho.....and I tend to agree...
Here's the fact though. Rooney is better than either player and we play 1 striker so that Fellaini (to a lesser extent Ander) can get into the areas he's best in

Whoever we get IS the sub.

Even if Falcao got back to somewhere near his best, Rooney is the manager's favourite and we play better with 1 striker than with 2. So clearly the best solution is to have whoever is okay and will do their best from the subs bench. If thats Hernandez it saves us money too. If he's not happy with that role we can look elsewhere

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
But we are creating next to nothing even when we are winning and controlling games. Even against City we scored 4 but it wasnt chance after chance territory. All I'm saying is I would bet afew goals and Falcao would look completely different. For Arsenal for example he'd score a truck load.
You say that like he hasn't been missing chances. He's missed a lot of chances. And that's in the context of seriously underwhelming all round play.

I do think it's just about possible he turns things round but he's been really poor so far and that can't be blamed on anyone else.

YzWayne

Maybe this is just a plan by LVG, asking Falcao to play like shite to bring the price down between United and Monaco.

ZDwyr

If we do sign him, will he be happy to take reduce wages and be the 3rd striking option? Because realistically that is what is going to happen. If it was a choice between him and Hernandez, I would be choosing Hernandez.

RedorDead21

You say that like he hasn't been missing chances. He's missed a lot of chances. And that's in the context of seriously underwhelming all round play.

I do think it's just about possible he turns things round but he's been really poor so far and that can't be blamed on anyone else.
Right player wrong time perhaps. We have to work so hard to create an opening playing posession football. Watch Leicester, They create chances with about 3 direct passes every 5 mins. We pass the ball perhaps 50 times more for each chance created! During this time you need a player staying swtiched on up front doing pretty much nothing except anticpate a ball that very rarely comes.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
What are the odds we'll keep him..?
Well there were rumours in the summer that we had actually bought him, but structured the first year as a loan only as a favour to Monaco for FFP reasons - IF that is the case, then...

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So sensationalist. You'd do well at The Sun.

Will Singh

Neither Young nor Fallaini had a potentially career-ending injury though.

If he were merely struggling for form that'd be something you could take on board but he's clearly struggling with his body and sadly the Prem wasn't the league to come to for the first time following such a bad injury.
Agree that the PL ain't the league to come to after a serious injury but the point I'm trying to make is Young and Fellaini ain't never got to the level Falcao reached in there career but are doing well, where as Falcao we know what he can do and I think that he might be just having a crap season and on top adjusting to the PL and a new country is also playing a part!

I don't think we will see Falcao at his peak best again but if he can get to 50% of that I think he will still be banging in goals!

You have to remember RVN and Shearer had similar injuries and they adjusted there game and managed!!

clarkydaz

man that video above is sooo depressing, he isn't a shadow of that. like he's learning to play again all over

IwatUwat

You give me an option of Falcao or Hernandez to come off our bench next yr, and I'd take Hernandez

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Eh???? But that's not the point. The point you missed is most wrote those players off last season didn't they? We had the whole belittling of Fellaini in the media and by pundits, so who would have predicted their turnaround this season? Isn't Young's form keeping our 60m player on the bench?

DDG was longer than a few months......
Of course that's my point. Those two improve under different manager. Unless you are expecting us to change manager next season.

Falcao would be worth it if he becomes twice the player he is now. Otherwise he'll just blocking the path of us potentially getting better striker that we need. With his age and progress so far, is he worth the gamble?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.