Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mersault

So our front line is 3 international captains
predict the headline "the three captains" in the near future

Nice goal btw

wiz4231

Played a part in all 3 goals, should have had 2, Bacca the cheeky cnut nabbed it, anyway a goal and assist from Falcao.

Last edited:

Nights

You seem to forget the fact that he was devastatingly good in 2013. Which is LAST YEAR. 11goals in 20 For Monaco after moving from Atleti scoring 28 league goals 34 matches (last year). Then, he's been out of action for 7 months since the beginning of 2014. Hailed as the best number 9 in the game till January THIS year. Some people have really, really short memories.
This is the caf. A player can go from Messi to Bebe and back to Messi in the space of 3 games.

wiz4231

You seem to forget the fact that he was devastatingly good in 2013. Which is LAST YEAR. 11goals in 20 For Monaco after moving from Atleti scoring 28 league goals 34 matches (last year). Then, he's been out of action for 7 months since the beginning of 2014. Hailed as the best number 9 in the game till January THIS year. Some people have really, really short memories.
Exactly this. Short memories. Was it not also RVP who won us the 20 title under Fergie? We have 2 world class Strikers and Rooney is just below them in class. Rooney is the better player to play just behind them and he has upped his game as a #10, thank feck for no more cross field balls out wide, he seems to be using his vision more and looking for forward passes on the deck.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A beast of a player can't wait till he gets up to 100% fitness. Better than Costa also!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Really really doubt this, can you tell me in which area's he is better? He is a better header of the ball, and is much more sharp/aware in the penalty area. Other than that, I dont know what he can that Rooney couldnt.
Yeah but what has Rooney done since his goal on Thursday

Stretford Red1978

I absolutely feckin love the guy! I cannot wait for him to be back to his best. He has a great attitude and presence, a proper team player as well, he's not a typical selfish striker even his assists are great too!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That's a cracking header. If Di Maria can stop flying corners over everybody maybe we can start being a goal threat from them again with headers like that.

Litch

Quality, quality classy player. Still can't believe he's here......

SirAF

Ageist
Great header, he's starting to find his feet again. These matches are, for fecking once, a blessing for us.. that he can get some match fitness without doing it for us.

SirAF

Ageist
Really really doubt this, can you tell me in which area's he is better? He is a better header of the ball, and is much more sharp/aware in the penalty area. Other than that, I dont know what he can that Rooney couldnt.
Better first touch as well.. I got time for Rooney as a footballer but Falcao is clearly the better #9

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Consistency. You expect a certain level from Falcao and up to his injury he produced that consistently. Rooney has a run of good games, goes into a bad run of games and then starts being good again.

Then there's heading, finishing, can use his left foot as well as his right foot with the same ability, strength on the ball and many other things. His acceleration up to last year was also better than Rooney's.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Let's hope he goes on a long goalscoring run now. I'd be quaking in my boots if I was a WBA defender next Monday. Mind you, I'd be filling my boots if I was a WBA attacker.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's a cracking header. If Di Maria can stop flying corners over everybody maybe we can start being a goal threat from them again with headers like that.
He has the best header I have ever seen on football (well Batistuta might have been there too). Wouldn't be surprised at all if he has scored 50-60 goals from headers during his career.

The Red Thinker

His finishing is by far one of the deadliest in the modern game. Seeing as you have short term memory loss, I am assuming you are basing your judgement on the few games Falcao has played for us.

These are the factors you're failing to consider.

- new, physical league and faster pace of play. Adaptation takes time for any player (great or otherwise)
- First time in a long time, he plays as a partner striker at United. Has almost always played on his own. Has to play differently.
- He has admitted that he's still not 100% after the injury but has said he needs game time to get it back.
- Hailed by one and all as the deadliest number 9 in the past 3 or 4 years. Everyone from Ronaldo to ex-players.

As for how he is better than Rooney? He's a pure number 9. He has better movement. Better finishing and better hold-up play.

So, either you can come out of ignorance and embrace knowledge that the world is not flat or you can remain stubborn and be proven wrong later.

Oh and take a look at that header he managed to put in yesterday. Devastating.

The Red Thinker

I hope so. He did look a bit anxious, for both club and country
I think we can excuse the guy considering he's coming back from a horrible ligament injury which has ended many a playing career in modern football. He'll still be lacking a bit of confidence in taking challenges and running hard on that leg. Think how horrible it is knowing that by some 1000 in a one chance your knee ligaments could snap. It's a mental block and will take time to overcome. What he needs now is goals and our support.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Consistency. You expect a certain level from Falcao and up to his injury he produced that consistently. Rooney has a run of good games, goes into a bad run of games and then starts being good again.

Then there's heading, finishing, can use his left foot as well as his right foot with the same ability, strength on the ball and many other things. His acceleration up to last year was also better than Rooney's.
If these are the only things you can name, I dont know how you could say Falcao is better, Rooney has a better shot, better passing, better in the build up, he creates more, is faster, is stronger, better vision, comfortable in more roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.