Raiola: "I can say that it's over for Pogba at United"

RedDevil@84

Problem is who will pay and how much. We will look like complete idiots if we sell him for VdB money. And if we ask Pogba money, no one will pay because no one thinks he is worth that much.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
SAF's evaluation of Pogba was very positive, he doesn't like Raiola though.
Sir Alex Ferguson's evaluation was that Pogba was a terrific player. His own words. And he did everything he could to convince him to stay. The problem, according to Sir Alex, was that "his agent is a s**t bag". Had Sir Alex had his way, Pogba would have stayed.
This was his quote on Pogba, not Raiola:
“Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” the manager told MUTV at the time.

“It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.

No one here is arguing that Ferguson never rated Pogba as a player, or that he didn't try to get him to say. Ferguson cited the player showed a lack of respect to the club which conditioned him and he obviously felt there was a duty of care from the player to the club to be patient and that his time would come. Ferguson said Pogba showed a lack of respect, which is why the poster said Ferguson was right. Today his spokesperson has come out like clockwork, again, disrespecting the club.

Faetheshire86

Hopefully he goes in January. Getting a midfielder in who can consistently keep McTominay or Fred out of our best XI would be an upgrade.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I fully agree with the posters who suggest we have pulled the plug on negotiating a new contract for Pogba.

This also seems convenient timing when we're reportedly offering Bruno a new well earnt contract.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What a circus. The sooner he goes the better. Lets hope we never have to deal with Raoila again.

RedCurry

When he joined us I thought he would go on the be the best midfielder in the world. At this moment I think Ross Barkley is a better midfielder than him. It didn’t work out for him here and managers have little to do with it. He has the talent but he’s not nearly aggressive enough to ever realize his full potential in my opinion. Maybe being at Madrid may spark that hunger in him finally but I have given up on that happening for him here at United. It really is best for all parties involved if he leaves for a decent fee.

Amerifan

I’ve defended him since he joined us. Enough is enough from a player who has contributed so little to the team during his tenure. Leave already and take that loudmouth agent with you.

KjaAnd

I said it previously and I'll say it again. Bruno was everything we were expecting Pogba to be when we signed him 4 or 5 years ago. We were expecting him to be the main engine for the team creating every thing and having every play passing through him first. It took us 4 years of continuous excuses and continuously changing and shoehorning everyone in the squad trying to get Pogba to be this player. till we signed Bruno and he immediately became this kind of player from his first 2 matches with us.
Exactly. There is no place for Pogba in the team now that we have found the creative engine we were looking for. Fernandes is the first name on in our lineup and Pogba unable to play further back in midfield. Get rid ASAP.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wow, so he’s off in January. Wonder who fatty has lured to the table.

Delano

Time to move on and buy a player who is actually capable of playing in a midfield two. The whole situation isn't worth the effort anymore.

RRCE

Normally, when a player of quality leaves, it's a painful experience. Ronaldo leaving, even though it was inevitable, stung. Even Rooney, who was past his best and not on the same level as Ronaldo, putting in a transfer request was quite shocking at the time. This feels nothing like that at all. Pogba is talented, and in the correct set-up can be an effective player. In truth, however, his top form as been an extremely rare thing during his time with United. Some of that rests with the club, but the lion's share of the blame falls to the player himself. He's never shown the professionalism, work-ethic, desire and discipline that one would reasonably expect, and his performances have generally been underwhelming. He's a huge name in world football, but that has more to do with social media than on-pitch performances. Losing the Pogba that we've seen over the last few years is, quite frankly, not much of a blow. In fact, it could / should be a very good thing for the club.

The agent's comments are predictable. He's obviously interested in moving Pogba on, and I believe that Pogba has wanted to leave for some time. If nothing else, ego was going to motivate Pogba to leave. He's seen Bruno come in and play like he can only dream of. Pogba is no longer a critical component. Financial motivation aside, the agent is simply trying to keep his player relevant, as it relates to the top echelon of players.

We need to get back to the days of players leaving United on our terms. Assuming these latest quotes are accurate, do you think Sir Alex would have tolerated it from a player who has performed like Pogba has? Not a chance. He'd be shown the door as quickly as possible, and the fee received would be of secondary importance. The critical thing would be reinforcing the message that nobody is bigger than the the club, and ridding the dressing room of a rotten apple.

Also unlike Ronaldo and a prime Rooney, Pogba is abundantly replaceable. There a good number of players who could be brought in who would add more value than Pogba has, in my opinion.

In short, don't let the door hit you on the way out. United fans shouldn't be losing any sleep over this.

GarrinchaNZ

Scores a screamer but otherwise played average....suddenly his agent sees his value rise and he's back on the market.
Pogba obviously has his eyes elsewhere.
Get rid of the numpty and find someone who actually cares more for the club than his own hair!

RedDevil@84

Wow, so he’s off in January. Wonder who fatty has lured to the table.
Its just wishful thinking by fatty. There are no offers lining up for him. Else media would have been all over it.
Raiola is just hoping some big club has some spare money and they will do a favour and will pay big money for Pogba and he gets lot of agent money.

PSG is the only team that seems to have throwaway money. And I doubt, even they will not be so eager, when they can get him for free in 2022.

Gazza

That's what I don't get. The majority of United fans want him gone. It has been shown that he is not really needed thanks to Bruno. If this is a contract ploy then I think Woodward will happily call his bluff because Pogba has shown feck all. All Woodward has to do is point to Bruno and tell Pogba to feck off
Maybe Mino feels he hasn't earned his commission if he doesn't throw a few chairs around!

DoomSlayer

“Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” the manager told MUTV at the time.

“It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away, from me, anyway.

No one here is arguing that Ferguson never rated Pogba as a player, or that he didn't try to get him to say. Ferguson cited the player showed a lack of respect to the club which conditioned him and he obviously felt there was a duty of care from the player to the club to be patient and that his time would come. Ferguson said Pogba showed a lack of respect, which is why the poster said Ferguson was right. Today his spokesperson has come out like clockwork, again, disrespecting the club.
Totally agree with you. I used to point this out last time that Raiola opened his fat greedy mouth but it was dismissed by the fanboys.

Raiola is twisting our hands and forcing the issue so we sell Pogba for a cut-price, because otherwise no other team wants him at all. This is basically sabotage.

adkb

This is incredible news! Time to rip off the ban aid! There is no easy way to say this but a player of Pogs calibre should be starting for a club like Man Utd. If he isn't then there is certainly a problem. Funnily enough this time it looks as though united is doing just about fine without Pogs and as a fan of the club it keeps me at peace!

Sad this had to end this way! But adios frenchman!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

It was after the negotiations failed and about how the negotiations went, SAF thought that Pogba's opinion was already made but didn't told United.

Edit: I saw your edit and you are wrong about the context, it had nothing to do with patience.

arnie_ni

If I'm ole I tackle this head on and put it in public, "well then he would need to perform to better standard if he wants any of the top clubs to buy him".

feck it. Dont hold back

tjb

We can use whatever money we get for him to sign a player actually suited to playing football in a premier league midfield. We won the league 13 times playing with aggressive, hard working players in midfield that could do other things. Ince, Keane, Butt, Scholes, Robson, Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves were all relatively tenacious players that could make life difficult for any other premier league midfielders. It's a league where the second ball is king, teams that have those elements in midfield win the league. Even City has that. If you watch them enough, you will realize how tenacious the combination of Silva, Debruyne and Fernandinho were. I'm not saying that having other skills aren't important, but unlike in Italy or Spain, where the pace is slower and the game is more measured, winning the midfield battle through grit is still and will always be important in the premier league. Pogba doesn't have that, Arsenal's midfield's post Vieira didn't have that. Leicester won a premier league based mostly on that.

RedDevil@84

What is funny is the timing. Raiola seems to have been waiting for Pogba to have one decent game, so that he can start to mouth off.

Amerifan

Problem is who will pay and how much. We will look like complete idiots if we sell him for VdB money. And if we ask Pogba money, no one will pay because no one thinks he is worth that much.
We either sell him for what we can get or look bigger idiots letting him go on a free after another season of him mostly on the bench. His current value can’t be anywhere near what we overpaid for him. Take what we can get and move on.

jesperjaap

Over for Pogba at United, I didnt even realise it had begun? Lets be honest, bar the first three months of Ole's reign, name 3 games in a row let alone 5 when he has been world class the whole time he has been here?

Forget the agent, forget the circus and personality, do consider the fee....the simple fact is he has never consistently been anywhere near good enough to justify half the fee, people saying who will buy him and how for much, we will be a laughing stock for a low fee, no we wont, the only things justify his fee are ability and off field commercial opportunities.....on the pitch he is a £50m player at best, even in todays prices.

We should have sold him ages ago, the only laughing stock about us is the fact he is still even here picking up astronmical wages he isnt doing anything to earn.....no bother to me him going whatsoever

Murray3007

lets be honest his stock aint going to get any higher then it is now after his goal v west ham, just dont watch the match back and only watch the goal, just banish him from the team and hope we sell him in Jan.

norm87cro

We really are a laughing stock when guys like Raiola so openly diss this club. And the manager is going to keep talking like its not personal for the club with this guy. Even against West Ham despite the screamer his attitude on the pitch was lazy. And we have a crucial game with Leipzing coming up.