Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Goals win games. They also paper over cracks. And right now we’re the equivalent of the San Andreas Fault, so he better score a lot of goals.

No pressure then.

Drizzle

I'd be surprised if he gets on the pitch on Sunday. My guess is he'll be part of the squad to give him a taste of it, play as sub for Denmark, and then be ready for his debut against Brighton.

Thiagoal

Anyone else really annoyed by all the smoke and mirrors that surrounds the club these days? I understand it with transfers but the total lack of information about members of the squad (injuries, training photos etc) seems to be treating the fans with contempt i feel!

Oranges038

Anyone else really annoyed by all the smoke and mirrors that surrounds the club these days? I understand it with transfers but the total lack of information about members of the squad (injuries, training photos etc) seems to be treating the fans with contempt i feel!
A year ago everyone was moaning about leaks.

Now that's there's no information coming out, people are moaning about that.

Telling nobody nothing is the proper way to do it, if you ask me.

Eric_the_Red99

A leak is different from official information from the club. Wanting the club to be transparent about things like injuries seems reasonable to me. In the absence of official information, leaks (or rumours/made-up stuff purporting to be leaks) will set the agenda instead.

Pronewbie

Peep
A leak is different from official information from the club. Wanting the club to be transparent about things like injuries seems reasonable to me. In the absence of official information, leaks (or rumours/made-up stuff purporting to be leaks) will set the agenda instead.
There's no reason for us to inform our opponents of our line-up. Let them do the extra prep work.
I'm cautiously optimistic our fans won't place too much pressure on him. I think he'll have to show Weghorst's level of ineptitude on the ball in the 1st season for that to happen.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Didn't Hirst report that Hojlund trained this week and should make his debut vs Arsenal?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don’t think it is reasonable. The players are the club’s responsibility. Up to them how much information they share externally. They might be playing their cards close to their chest to keep the opposition guessing, or because they think they need to respect the medical confidentiality of the players. Either way, the fans aren’t entitled to this information.

Oranges038

Maybe, this is by design, to try and weed out leakers. We're now seeing that there's no random shit information coming out of the club from "sources". Which in my opinion is a good thing.

If the press want info, ETH does several press conferences a week. They should ask him the questions.

Eric_the_Red99

Maybe, this is by design, to try and weed out leakers. We're now seeing that there's no random shit information coming out of the club from "sources". Which in my opinion is a good thing.

If the press want info, ETH does several press conferences a week. They should ask him the questions.
I’m not sure this is anything to do with leakers. It’s just the club being tight lipped about the status of their new striker. Which will inevitably result in rumours and speculation - especially given our current need for a goalscorer on the pitch.

Oranges038

I’m not sure this is anything to do with leakers. It’s just the club being tight lipped about the status of their new striker. Which will inevitably result in rumours and speculation - especially given our current need for a goalscorer on the pitch.
There's not that much info out about Shaw, Malacia, Amad or Mainoo either.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m the opposite. In fact, I have an issue with this societal need/entitlement everyone seems to have to be ‘kept informed’ of everything that is ultimately not really their business. In the world of football, clubs seem to no longer be entitled to do anything privately. Everyone wants to be ‘inside’ every deal.

Take the supposed Amrabat loan offer yesterday. Who knows what the play is. Perhaps we wanted to make an initial offer and try and get them to come down and meet in the middle. Perhaps there are other reasons, but some investigative journalists feel the need to immediately get all the details of the terms of the offer, cast judgement on it and then send fans into a frenzy typically abusing the club for doing something this way or that way. It’s a live, ongoing negotiation. Our starting position isn’t particularly relevant to our closing one, however, the fact that fans are now informed of every twist and turn means there is a running commentary of the private negotiation. I don’t personally need all the specifics along the way, if we get the player in the end that’s what matters.

I had similar issues regarding the Greenwood probe, where the likes of Crafton felt that he and everyone else had to know the details of all conversations in what was ultimately an internal employment investigation. To the point where he thought he was ‘exposing’ every step of the investigation that ‘they didn’t want to tell you’. Ultimately, we could not reintegrate Greenwood without anyone seeing him play for us, so naturally, we would have been informed at some point if that’s what the club wanted to do.

Regarding Hojlund, in the words of Ten Hag, ‘when we have news we will bring it to you’. The last time he did that, he said Hojlund was in full training. Of course, these days nobody is satisfied until they ‘see for themselves’. These days everyone feels that they ‘get a vote’ on everything and think they should be ‘kept informed’. I’m perfectly fine with some information being on a need to know basis.

Marwood

ETH said in his last press conference you can't share details of injuries anymore. Must be a privacy policy type thing.

Lyng

Could not agree more.

Levi1

He must have gotten injured during the medical. Beggars belief

Dve

There's not that much info out about Shaw, Malacia, Amad or Mainoo either.
When they keep silence on an injury, I think it's a sign of uncertainty; they are not sure when the players are back. If they announce something, that could create pressure. If they said Shaw would be out for 3 weeks, then, when 3 weeks were passed, we'd expect to see him back.

red.knight

Is Hojlund in contention to make his debut against Arsenal? 3 games in and we're struggling already. Needs Hojlund to hit the ground running. No pressure on the young lad.

bringbackbebe

Spot on. What advantage do the fans gain by knowing this in the first place?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is Hojlund in contention to make his debut against Arsenal? 3 games in and we're struggling already. Needs Hojlund to hit the ground running. No pressure on the young lad.
Given there's an international break after the Arsenal game, I expect we won't see Hojlund until Brighton at the earliest.

Idxomer

Given there's an international break after the Arsenal game, I expect we won't see Hojlund until Brighton at the earliest.
You'll see him banging goals next week against San Marino.

RuudTom83

EtH gives the same answer to transfer rumours and injuries. I don’t think it’s a tactic to be secretive or hide anything, he just doesn’t comment on those 2 topics.

Everyone will heal differently…so what good would it do for ETH to start giving out estimates in press conferences.

Just wait until matchday.

Gordon S

What is really realistic to expect from him right now?
The guy is only 20 and has about half a season of experience in a strong league.
I have only seen highlights moments from him and he looks exciting, but also very raw.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You'll see him banging goals next week against San Marino.
I expect him to be withdrawn tbh. Though if he's able to play I hope he does. No doubt he could use some match sharpness, even if it is only San Marino.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"Yes," said Ten Hag when asked about Højlund's availability. "He had a good training week. He’s doing well. Responding well. He will be available for Sunday."