Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've barely seen anything of him beyond YouTube clips but he seems to have real physicality, a decent touch and genuine pace. Seems an exciting gamble.

kaku06

Did we even negotiate? We got fecking rinsed here.

Its obvious EtH must've demanded a striker asap otherwise I'm sure we could have drove that price down with time.

At the wnd of the day I'm happy we're getting a striker but the reputation on serial overpayers will never leave.
On the contrary it’s actually ever increasing :D

DoctorPepper

Wasnt our last bid 50 million euro's plus 10 million euro add-ons, how do we then jump to 75 million euro's + 10 million euro add-ons?

It doesnt make much sense. We will keep getting rinsed in the future and need a potent DOF + scouting structure sooner rather than later. This is not sustainable at all.
This is the weirdest thing. Negotiate for weeks, decide to bid 50M+10M on Thursday and raise it to 75M+10M two days later...

BorisManUtd

Great to see this is done.

Hopefully we can sign Amrabat in first 10 days of August so he can be in squad for Wolves. And a reserve GK I guess.

Woziak

People now posting what they think is the fee rather than accepting what actually the fee is :D
We don’t know what the fee is yet because there are conflicting reports, so assume the worst however I do know that add one for wining Balon D’or and CL should never be included in annual transfer fees as they are purely hypothetical values just like the £57.6m reported for Antony Martial which we never ever paid !

zaafi

The amount of people in here who are so obsessed with the cost of a player. Embarrassing.

It's not your money. We keep overpaying for players, but we often seem to get the players we want, so why is it that big of a deal? Are you worried that Alan from work who is a Liverpool fan is going to give you stick every day for overpaying for a player who doesn't live up to expectations?

bosskeano

timing was about right....Atalanta announce the signing of El Bilal Toure and within a few hours the announcement is made of the agreement to sell Hojlund to United

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Did we even negotiate? We got fecking rinsed here.

Its obvious EtH must've demanded a striker asap otherwise I'm sure we could have drove that price down with time.

At the wnd of the day I'm happy we're getting a striker but the reputation on serial overpayers will never leave.
Atlanta wanted just 5m for him but we offered 72..

Source: trust me bro!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Wow 96 million. He must be an incredible player and I guess that cements united as challengers and co- favorites

Woziak

Great to see this is done.

Hopefully we can sign Amrabat in first 10 days of August so he can be in squad for Wolves. And a reserve GK I guess.
Tom Heaton and M Kovar are more than adequate as number 2 and Number 3 this season.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Agreed, none wow me and I think our rivals are all doing far better business than us. This window is reminiscent of van Gaal’s first season IMO.
At the end of the day what's important is Hojlund, Mount and Onana have all been reliably reported as ten Hag's top targets so getting the managers top targets in is more important than winning the transfer window in fans'/pundits minds.

NotThatSoph

It's basically the price of Osimhen from Lille to Napoli. There is no denying that it's a big fee but it's also not one that is special.
The Oshimen fee was inflated, there is no way Napoli or Lille actually thought the 4 players going the other way were worth €20m.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's about spotting young talent and nurturing it, not buying someone who already has won a Golden Boot. It's a gamble. Hopefully a good one, but it will take time.

Dazzmondo

And how is that his fault? Should he not be given same amount of time to settle as Jackson? Expectations should be the exact same.
He won't be regardless of whether or not you think that's the way it should be. People always judge big fee players more harshly. That's nothing new. Almost always makes it more difficult for the player to justify the fee also, particularly when the player is young.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
At the end of the day what's important is Hojlund, Mount and Onana have all been reliably reported as ten Hag's top targets so getting the managers top targets in is more important than winning the transfer window in fans'/pundits minds.
I’m personally just a bit concerned that they were our manager’s top targets at all.

Dannn411

The fact of the matter is that you cannot find a single young high potential centre forward in Europe these days that would move for less than £60m. This is the going rate now. Deal with it.

kaku06

We don’t know what the fee is yet because there are conflicting reports, so assume the worst however I do know that add one for wining Balon D’or and CL should never be included in annual transfer fees as they are purely hypothetical values just like the £57.6m reported for Antony Martial which we never ever paid !
I hope you are right but I don’t think so many reputable journos are getting it wrong. Simon stone, Orny, Di marzio are all saying the same thing. £64m + £8m

Relfy

Seems like the going rate for an up and coming striker these days so not too concerned about the price being paid.

Apart from Kane, who would be asking for £400k pw who else is out there and actually attainable?

Status
Not open for further replies.