RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

RetroStu

Why do liverpool fans have such an obsession with net spend?
So if they have a bad season they can say "well we only spent £40mil so you can't expect much" etc, while in reality they spent £110mil on new players.

SalfordRed1960

I would love just a no nonsense composed 2-0 win.
No hammering, no fuss, just knock the ball about nicely and slot two lovely worked taps ins past them and be done.

It won't be that though, it will be like watching two brain damaged 45 year old heavy weights slugging it out for 90 minutes.
I prefer a dodgy sending off, say in the 3rd minute, ala Hyppia, followed by a dubious penalty in 4 minutes of extra time in the first half. Followed by a last minute offside goal having been parked in front of our box all game. The hurt and total meltdown would be surpass the crystanbul or slippy G events. Naturally, Brenda would talk about outstanding Mr Mee, the resurgence of Raheem S after his diving lessons and how pleased he was with the movement of his strikers in the final 2/3 rds.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I prefer a dodgy sending off, say in the 3rd minute, ala Hyppia, followed by a dubious penalty in 4 minutes of extra time in the first half. Followed by a last minute offside goal having been parked in front of our box all game. The hurt and total meltdown would be surpass the crystanbul or slippy G events. Naturally, Brenda would talk about outstanding Mr Mee, the resurgence of Raheem S after his diving lessons and how pleased he was with the movement of his strikers in the final 2/3 rds.
I appreciate the meltdown that follows that but this year it has to be convincing. No help from the ref, just completely play them off the park and put 3 or 4 past them with no reply. A red card to Gerrard later on when we've already won would be good for the laughs though.

SalfordRed1960

I appreciate the meltdown that follows that but this year it has to be convincing. No help from the ref, just completely play them off the park and put 3 or 4 past them with no reply. A red card to Gerrard later on when we've already won would be good for the laughs though.
Nice as that would be, I do not believe it is going to happen though. Form goes out the window when we meet them.

They have such an inferiority complex (especially the fans) that it really is david vs. goliath. They are like the terrorists who don't care if they die, they just go all out. Liverpool go out of their way to play above themselves against us. Every 50-50 tackle goes in their favour as our boys usually stand off. I always feel our boys think they are better and thus expect class to show through, rather than go all out to make it happen.

Going to be interesting with LVGs prep talk as we have definitely performed better against the better teams, so hopefully, it will be a walk in the park where we control and frustrate them and turn on the class to bang in a few goals.

Empire

Yup because you're 5 points WORSE off than in the equivalent fixtures last year when he was in charge

(having spent 200 million)

Still think you're not shite?
By this logic we are going to finish with less points than last season! This was the most ridiculous logic ever when they kept going on about it at the start of the season but to still be banging on about it...

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
A thought just occurred to me. Were all this talks of "points gained in equivalent fixtures last season" or "alternative league tables" prevalent back in the pre Internet football forum days?

I never heard of all this before I joined the Caf. People I talk football with outside of the internet certainly never mentioned anything of these ridiculous new fangled mumbo jumbo nonsense.

Revan

Assumptionman
By this logic we are going to finish with less points than last season! This was the most ridiculous logic ever when they kept going on about it at the start of the season but to still be banging on about it...
Mate, Alternative League Table is all that matters. Who cares for the real table when you have alternative league table. And there, we are doing worse than last year, so top 4 or not, I am afraid that we're fecked this year.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Was on the train this morning, nothing better than scrolling through the matchday thread and seeing the moment that a United goal goes in. The following 10 pages are always packed with gold.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
A thought just occurred to me. Were all this talks of "points gained in equivalent fixtures last season" or "alternative league tables" prevalent back in the pre Internet football forum days?

I never heard of all this before I joined the Caf. People I talk football with outside of the internet certainly never mentioned anything of these ridiculous new fangled mumbo jumbo nonsense.

Don't forget, before the internet, they used to win stuff. Like in the 80s and stuff.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Don't forget, before the internet, they used to win stuff. Like in the 80s and stuff.
So we were the ones with alternative league tables in the 80s? Robson I suppose was Gerrard, then.

montpelier

I'd like them to draw tonight but be really unlucky**, and then lose really pathetically dismally on Sunday leaving them 10pts behind us, is it? It's a big week for Brenty. Kenny back as caretaker boss would be boss great

(**In European games Anfield hasn't seen the away team score a penalty (in the game itself and not a shoot-out) since before the dawn of time, so that'd do - a really dodgy one preferably.)

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Was on the train this morning, nothing better than scrolling through the matchday thread and seeing the moment that a United goal goes in. The following 10 pages are always packed with gold.
The reactions after Pelle's equalizer on the other hand:

Get in there Pelle, you handsome bastard. If I arrived home and you were in bed with my wife I'd apologise.
Do me, Pelle.
Pelle is sexier than ever at this minute!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It is funny how league is shite according to RAWKites in the season United do well and they do bad and it is awesome when they do well (once in 5 years, runners up, nearly world class and stuff). Generally when they slag off the league as worst etc they are generally sitting at 7th/8th. Not sure if they realize what that makes their own team which supposedly has world class or nearly world class player in each position.

GloryHunter07

No it's a bad indicator because it really does not matter where the money comes from if you spend it, it is gone
Yeah you are right.

If Real spend £100m on players at the same time as selling the first 11 for £500m, its gross spend that matters.

:smirk:

Ruht

The atmosphere at Anfield will be unlike anything the Basel players will have witnessed, the loudest, most passionate cauldron of fire. surrounded by the most knowledgeble and supporting of fans in the world. Playing at the most deafening ground in the world.
We are Liverpool
We are coming
feck those who stand before us
YAWN
Surely that's a pisstake?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Surely that's a pisstake?
No thats how they talk.

What HAS been great about this season so far, as my 42 year old over grown toddler fake scouser cockney boss has not mentioned football or Liverpool once so far this season, when its ALL I feckING HEARD ABOUT LAST YEAR.

montpelier

ought to be ban-hammered, bang out of order

We're only 1 point better than Hodgson's season? Didn't realise we were that poor this season, what with all the graphs projecting third lol!

montpelier

more encouragingly if they match last year's form 3rd is still looking pretty much a nailed-on certainty (see graph) so brace yourselves for a repeat of the 11 straight wins & unbeaten run :(

^ ^ ^ graph (don't bother) of ''Combined Current Season and Prior Season Equivalent Results'' :wenger:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
more encouragingly if they match last year's form 3rd is still looking pretty much a nailed-on certainty (see graph) so brace yourselves for a repeat of the 11 straight wins & unbeaten run :(

^ ^ ^ graph (don't bother) of ''Combined Current Season and Prior Season Equivalent Results'' :wenger:
Bright colours and numbers. That's me convinced.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I don't understand what is that ? :confused::wenger: