RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
Anyone notice a few of them seem to be tiring of that daft cnut POP. A few calling him out on for being the prick he is (although not in so many words).

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
We really are the ultimate masters at screwing things up after title challenges.
Alternative Screwing Things Up After Title Challenges table
1 Liverpool P33 W12 L21
2 Royal Engineers P43 W3 L40

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Been having a flick through their thread about today's match, there's a lot of "let's replace Rodgers with Klopp" posts.

They actually think he's waiting by the phone for Henry to call him
Why wouldn't he? There's no way he'd turn down the chance to manage the team that are top of the Clean Sheet Net Spend Considered A Term Of Endearment In His Own Country League.

clarkydaz

The thought of Europa football makes my stomach turn. If Man Utd drop points, not that I expect it to happen we will look back at today and kick ourselves. Their fourth position is safe and this miserable season should just end. We couldn't attract our first choice signings with Champions League football so god help those who are going to waste their summer reading ever transfer rumour. Cancel your internet and take up something to occupy your mind away from all of this.
put this guy on suicide watch

The thought of Europa football makes my stomach turn. If Man Utd drop points, not that I expect it to happen we will look back at today and kick ourselves. Their fourth position is safe and this miserable season should just end. We couldn't attract our first choice signings with Champions League football so god help those who are going to waste their summer reading ever transfer rumour. Cancel your internet and take up something to occupy your mind away from all of this.
Sound advise for every football fan, I'd say. We lot have tons of experience in this field!

hobbers

Havent looked at the table since today's results, but am I right in thinking we now only need 9 points to guarentee top four? 8 points if you factor goal difference.

RetroStu

I'm sick of them going on about money and how little of it they have and how little then have spent. Rodgers has spent 230mil since he's been with them, they spent 130mil last summer which was second only to us, and the last time i checked the 'Prem years spenditure' table, they had spent as much as us, slightly more actually although i think it was a couple of years a go the last time i looked at that table.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Who's the got hardest accent to understand on the pod?
The Northern Irish gentleman has a lovely radio voice. Nick's is very easy to understand, ditto Imram and yourself (unless I'm confused and you're Nick, in which case I mean the other regular).

One gentleman has a kinda deep voice and doesn't have the strongest articulation ever heard, but I understand him fine. Sorry I'm bad with names, don't remember his.

Gopher Brown

Been having a flick through their thread about today's match, there's a lot of "let's replace Rodgers with Klopp" posts.

They actually think he's waiting by the phone for Henry to call him
Harry Redknapp is also free at the moment...

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It took him hundreds of words and a graph to essentially say that having a prolific goalscorer will increase your league position on average (it might even win you a thing or two). Genius.
It's groundbreaking stuff, up there with Keplar, Darwin, and Newton. Imagine how scoring more goals would yield more points. Fascinating.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The Northern Irish gentleman has a lovely radio voice. Nick's is very easy to understand, ditto Imram and yourself (unless I'm confused and you're Nick, in which case I mean the other regular).

One gentleman has a kinda deep voice and doesn't have the strongest articulation ever heard, but I understand him fine. Sorry I'm bad with names, don't remember his.
Norn = @Duafc
Nik = @Rood
Imran = @Annihilate Now!
@Locka is the other one who hosted pretty often when Doof skived off for a while

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Ill take the lower articulation hit for the deep voice comment @gooDevil, beats 'nasal'. Tho I'm not sure I do. I hosted this weeks if it helps.

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Why wouldn't he? There's no way he'd turn down the chance to manage the team that are top of the Clean Sheet Net Spend Considered A Term Of Endearment In His Own Country League.
Not to mention all the golden gloves their keepers win!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Anyone notice a few of them seem to be tiring of that daft cnut POP. A few calling him out on for being the prick he is (although not in so many words).
This is a vital part of the annual RAWK boom-bust cycle. As their season grinds into inevitable failure, more and more of them will call him out on his inane technical babble leading to him snatching up his handbag and flouncing off into the distance declaring that they no longer deserve his genius. A few love-stuck followers will then spend the next six months wailing about what a tragic loss his departure has been. Early next season when the delusion is back to its normal levels, and Liverpool are definitely 100% absolutely beyond any doubt going to win the title, he will triumphantly return in a blaze of glory, and be once more lauded as a god. PoP is basically the RAWK phoenix.

Truedevil

Cheers mate, but really not interested about any fair plays, no offence.

I don't understand why it's seen as the right thing on here to give someone who goes against the grain dogs abuse.
If someone offers an opinion which is based on arguments, examples, personal thoughts etc... even if it's a negative one, why do people feel the need to absolutely pillory them?

It's a huge turn off. Like I said previously, I've gone off this forum. Really don't see what the point is anymore. I hate the herd mentality that exists on here. Anyone in the Summer that dared say they didn't want one of Lovren, Lallana, Lambert, Balo etc... got absolute pelters.

What the feck are we doing here? Why do people feel the need to act like The Propaganda arm of Liverpool Football Club? It's been going on since I got on here. Anyone that didn't want Barry in for Alonso got the same treatment. Someone like Fordy ,who kept supporting Charlie Adam when the RAWK herd decided he was crap got, pelters because it went again the group's decision that Adam was crap and was ok to get abuse. Anyone who doesn't think a potential signing is a great player gets abuse; and you have a bunch of player who can make Glen Whelan sound like Steve Mcmahon the minute we get linked to him.

I hate that I spent the first few months of the season saying "I told you so" to people who acted like 7 year old kids in the Summer. I hate that I said "Like I said in the Summer" so many times. I felt bitter towards people on here and in all honesty, it's not what I'm here for. It bores me.

When I felt that people would turn on Rodgers, I said so, got abuse by people, got muted by people... Few months later, those same people want Rodgers out. I hate the hypocrisy, the fear on here that you have to conform to the herd mentality, the desire by people to act like superfans, faux mods etc...

Sorry Sol, this is a rant and it's not directed at you. I'm barely on here anymore, if it wasn't for the notifications I get on my phone if a post of mine gets quoted , I would not have seen this thread. I love the other sections of the forum, and posting on this section just does not make sense to me anymore while this sort of thing is so prevalent. It just gets me into trouble and prevents me from enjoying the sections that form a part of my daily life.
He's about to get banned isn't he

Last edited:

clarkydaz

So...you're not bothered with getting fourth...? A few weeks back, when you were told that it wouldn't happen you were running round like a man with his hair on fire. PoP predictions/ projections abounded; we'd get +73pts, then 71-73pts, that we'd possibly finish 5pts ahead of fifth, now it's 70pts (which won't happen).

It just shows you PoP what you can get your mind to accept if you start off from the perspective of being realistic
listen to the tone of the bellend in reply;

Having said that, and seeing as his post was quoted, I'll give a response to the snide prick, who seems like he has nothing better to do with his time than to chase me around threads posing responses that I can't even see.

The whole conversation comes back to February in the APLT. You were busy stroking your testicles telling everybody "it's done, we have no chance"

My rebuttal was simply "yes we do - it's not going to be easy, but if we win our 6-pointers, we are in with a chance"

If anyone wants to go back and read the posts, they will see that. I-Was-There screaming "it can't be done, the sky is falling in", and myself and one or two others saying "it's too early to tell and we're not so far behind" Not exactly running around with my hair (what's left of it) on fire.

The point I made then, which is true now, is that we had to win our 6-pointers. While we were doing that, IWT was nowhere to be seen. Not posting, because his testicles had shrivelled up into his insides as he probably saw that his spreadsheet (his only experience in football, because it certainly doesn't come from f*cking playing, that's quite evident) was going to look stupid if we kept on at it. The only time this prat has returned was once we lost to United and Arsenal. Then he summoned up the courage and piss and vinegar to come back and shout the odds.

But here's a free lesson in football for the odious shitehawk:

Managers, coaches and players ALL know that you don't set hard goals for a season - you continually reassess as the season wears on, based on what is happening. In snooker parlance, you play the table. Nothing is set in stone. And that's how I approach things when I look at Liverpool's chances. Why? Because - and I know IWT is not going to like this, and his ball-stroking mates will come out and support him in his dislike - I've done enough turnarounds in football seasons to know that if it can be done at my level, with my level of players, it can certainly be done at the top level, with top level players. On the 30th March, 2013, Spurs were in 3rd place, 5 points behind City in second. By the 26th of April, they were in 5th place, and ended up outside the top four at the end of the season. There are precedents. However, the point remains. If we'd beaten United and drawn with Arsenal, we'd be right in the mix, on the same points as United, all else being equal. So exactly what I said needed to happen, needed to happen. And it didn't. So you reassess the goals. That's what you do as a manager. That's what I do as a supporter. Because football isn't set in stone. There are only odds and probabilities until the end.

So once again, to repeat myself for the benefit of the chronically stupid - my point, way back when, was not that we WOULD make top four, only that we had a chance, but that we had to win our 6-pointers. My argument was against surrender-monkeys who gave up the ghost in February. If they were one of my players - or any manager's players - they'd have been turfed out a long time ago from the team.

And that ends this public service message. I shall let the muppet get back to sending circle-jerking PM's amongst his RAWK mates about how great his spreadsheet is. It's probably rock hard at this point, to be honest.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315071.520

The first couple of pages of this thread is something else:lol:
That guy seems to be a sensible poster. Post at the start of the season:

I've said it before and I got pilloried for it, but I'll say it again.

This is going to be a car crash of a season.

Even had we not sold Suarez, I expected us to suffer a severe hangover from last season. I wrote in May that most teams similar to us (teams that punched above their weight and unexpectedly challenged for a league title but ended up failing), generally suffered from a hangover the season after. fecking hell, I'm nowhere near over not winning it last year. I don't have a clue how we can expect the players to be.

I just don't see, psychologically, how we can "go again". After such highs, can the players go through the mundane few weeks of the season without feeling a major difference? Take the opening game at Anfield vs Southampton. There'll be no welcoming parade. It's back to normality for everyone. Can they accept that without there being an impact?

We have a horrible start to the season, fixtures wise. 2 away trips to City and Spurs is the last thing this team needs so early on. If we have a bad start, I feel there will be a horrible sense of deflation within the fanbase and the squad- from the captain and everyone else. I feel they'll start feeling sorry for themselves over what happened in May, over losing Suarez and it will take a lot of time for us to recover.

Losing Suarez is an absolute nightmare for us. I strongly feel it will have hurt every single one of those players in the squad. A minority on here try to downplay Suarez's importance to us, but I'm sure the players know just how much he brought to the team. You do not lose a player like that and move forwards or sideways (unless you're a team that is used to winning trophies on a yearly basis). Suarez's contribution was not just about goals and assists: it was about fight, sacrifice, dedication and leadership.

It's simple psychology. How much did a thumbs up from Luis push Raheem Sterling on? How much was Suarez's acceptance important for someone like Jordan Henderson? How much did Suarez's name on the team-sheet petrify opposing defenses, before a ball was even kicked?

Add that to a host of new players we need to bed in, Champions League football for the first time in 5 years (And the first time in Rodgers' career), and a horrific pre season where we lost key players to injuries, failed to bed in our 3 most expensive signings and missed out on our seemingly only 2 attacking replacements for Suarez (For different reasons), and it doesn't look good at all for us.

Not convinced by our signings at all too. Lovren has had 5 good months in the last 3 seasons (he was basically chased out of Lyon and was poor in the 2nd half of last season). Lambert is passable as a 3rd striker, but is nowhere near suitable for our style of play. We're a Sturridge nigggle away from having him lead the line at the Etihad and White Hart Lane, which would be horrific. Markovic and Can are exciting talents, but we surely can't expect too much from them in their first season at such young ages. Lallana will have missed all of pre season, have had no friendly games to adapt to the team and will be thrust in with a big price tag on his head. Far from ideal.

This term, we'll have the season we all expected us to have last year. We'll challenge for 4th but end up missing out. I'm fine with that, but I suspect the narrative will be that it was a failure and the fact is, that would mean that we went backwards. A bad start, and there will be a huge cloud around Anfield that won't be lifted for a while.

I predict 6th. No doubt that many will call me a moaning and negative bastard but that's what I expect. Hopefully we'll get a cup run to set the pulses racing, but I foresee a season of transition for us.