RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
On Utd potentially signing Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Ramos and Lloris:
If we signed all four we'd probably win the league, they're probably doing it just to get a rise.

Truedevil

I would be ecstatic if this was your summer transfer dealings..

Lloris is a walking disaster zone, he's a huge downgrade from De Gea.
Kane is a poacher who had a completely off the charts season and will not replicate it next season, especially if under the immense pressure he would be at Utd.
Ramos will struggle here, he's a defender who can't read the game very well and not known for his brilliant concentration.. It's easy to defend when your attack blows teams away.
Schneiderlin is a quality player but always seems to be injured.

Depay would be your only decent signing and Schneiderlin if he stays fit. Would you still go into the season without a left and right back?
Lloris

Jones Ramos Rojo Shaw

Schneiderlin

Herrera Di Maria

Rooney Depay

Kane

Can't even work out your lineup.. RVP? Smalling? Mata? Blind? Januzaj? Rafael? Where do these all fit in? They won't be happy as backups.
There's just so much wrong with this post:houllier:

AltiUn

There's just so much wrong with this post:houllier:
Lloris is better than Mignolet, not massively but he is better.

I can understand the off the charts bit regarding Kane, as their own Sturridge had an off the charts season and become very average since.

Ramos has been one of the best CBs in the world for a long time now, he's played and succeeded on every stage and played well against every team, if he comes to United I'm sure he'll manage.

Schneiderlin is a better midfielder than they possess so they knock his talent by claiming sick note.

The only reason Depay was given credit as he was a LFC target previous to his United move.

bishblaize

Ramos has been one of the best CBs in the world for a long time now, he's played and succeeded on every stage and played well against every team, if he comes to United I'm sure he'll manage.
While I agree with that statement, it does say more about the state of centre backs these days that it does about the player. An all time greatest defenders list would have to be very long before you reached Sergio Ramos.

AltiUn

While I agree with that statement, it does say more about the state of centre backs these days that it does about the player. An all time greatest defenders list would have to be very long before you reached Sergio Ramos.
Yeah, gone are the days of brick wall defenders, Vidic and the like were the last generation, this generation seems more focused on number 10s, anyone who can pass or dribble seems to be made to play a number 10 these days.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I love this post.

Obviously the poster said there was a gulf in quality, but they're the comparisons he made.
Was the title of the post

" this is what would happen to Barcelona's players if they were hit by strange space rays that removed 80% of their footballing abilities"

Truedevil

On Firmino:
At least we`re spending 29m on a potential Ballon D`Or winner rather than 28m on Fernandinho or 42m on Mangala.
He had an absolutely ridiculous 2013/14 season. Pretty sure he had >1 per 90 tally for goals+assists. He is going to go down as a liverpool great when he is done here.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I bet about 5% of the entire forum has seen Firmino play, yet apparently he's a future Balon D'Or winner.

montpelier

It's the alternative Balon D'Or.
2014 seems long ago now, innit?

If we win the league then one of them will surely win it, might depend on who has the best World Cup. But which one should get it? I think Stevie personally.
Suarez or Stevie could easily be among the stand out players in this summers World Cup though, in fact I'm quite sure they both will be

Skizzo

Amazing how those people don't recognise their own players there, especially on Henderson
Especially considering his "disguise" was a pair of fake glasses.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they weren't fans, but doing a bit of shopping for someone who is.

Plus, I would assume part of it might be not expecting to come across them outside of the football pitch. Although it is the bloody club store, so that shouldn't be an excuse :lol:

Van Gaalacticos

There were other clubs interested, including yourself.. He apparantly decided to join us in January, so he told other clubs to go.
On Clyne joining Liverpool. Speaking to a United fan.

Have they signed anyone other than the PSV reject?
On Depay

Well, they were celebrating Firmino signing when they thought they got him for 13 million pounds.
Never heard an update on that for a few weeks now
In reply to the Depay Comment

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Poor lads could barely give their own shirts away. Crap costumes too :lol: nice enough blokes though.
The whole thing was clearly just a subtle reminder that there is CCTV in operation at the store.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
They've done very good business so far, can't lie. I still think we'll sign three players minimum, maybe four -- we're five away from winning a championship imo.

Cal?

CR7 fan
They've done very good business so far, can't lie. I still think we'll sign three players minimum, maybe four -- we're five away from winning a championship imo.
Depends on which player, one Ronaldo and we'd already be a championship winning team

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I can’t be doing with this total love-in and worship at the altar of Barcelona. The wacky world of social media telling everyone what football team they should be associated with and what tv programme they should be watching.
Every now and again that 10th kid comes along like Steven Gerrard and there are also players and managers who are recruited to the club who become totally enthralled by who and what we are. They are what we should be recruiting. We all dream of a team of Carraghers and Gerrards (but a Leo Messi from the Dingle wouldn’t be bad either).
Liverpool may be Barcelona. But Barcelona will never ever be Liverpool. They may be sexier than us, but they don’t have our lasting beauty. They are Shakira, but we are Sofia Loren.
The Caf has gotten really philosophical today. I'll keep up the trend.
I had no idea who Sofia Loren was so googled her...
Looks like her glory days are way behind her now...very apt comparison.