RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

Becknaldolencia

Yup, Chevrolet and Adidas want us back in the CL and are providing us with transfer funds.

Surely they aren't getting anything in return of these deals.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Something isn't quite right when Chevrolet pay £50m and Adidas £75m per season each!! £125m transfer funds each season, straight revenue before even anything!
feck You, adidas... they told us we were asking to much when we were flirting with £25M from them... feckers!
:lol:

Someone needs to tell them, Manchester United > Liverpool

Member 39557

When are Liverpool building their new stadium on the south coast anyway?

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Haha there's some proper bitter bile being posted over at the United/LVG thread now :drool:

The biggest factor in United's success or failure next season will be Van Gaal, not the Adidas kit deal. Can we talk about that?
It seems strange Van Gaal has not gone straight to the club after the World Cup, and instead just emailed an inexperienced coach his training plans, considering what PoP has said about the emphasis he places on drilling the players.

Has Van Gaal down any house-hunting in the area? Or is the day to day running going to be down to Giggs via email, with him jetting in for the games? Serious question.

It is equally strange, or not, that the players Utd are being linked with, or linking themselves with, all bear the stamp of last summer's transfer attempts, rather than any off-the-radar moves that are more possibly down to Van Gaal.

Surely Van Gaal could have emailed the club as to some good prospects or names for them to start approaching? That is, if he is really involved in the transfer process. United supporters say he is, but there is no evidence of it.

At the same time, the only players off the books are those who have big enough current kudos to get themselves a move elsewhere, Ferdinand, Evra, Vidic.

Meanwhile, they harbour an overcrowded hospice for defunct midfielders. And Johnny Evans is their best CB. And they have 4 strikers, one a Mexican reserve who wants away, one who can't score goals, one who smokes, and one who is good actually but is getting on a bit and coming to the new season off a hard World Cup.

So are the club execs waiting for Van Gaal to run his eye over the squad and give the nod to who stays, who goes? Which seems reasonable, except he's not there, and again, trimming the squad does not appear to be something anyone is too bothered about.

There is certainly no evidence, apart from Utd supporters consistently saying it, that Van Gaal has any vision for the club at all, nor any that anyone behind the scenes does either.

Awash with money, everybody's brought in milk, sugar, and biscuits, but no-one's remembered the teabags.

Celebrate Good Times, Come On

The Dippers be a shittin themselves methinks! :lol:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It's a hell of an impressive deal. They obviously can't fathom that the players they've signed won't sell shirts like the ones you are poised to sign will.

steeeb

Why are they complaining he's not at United?

He's just finished the World Cup, he's joining up at Carrington on Weds, how quickly did they want him starting?

Brightonian

To be as objective as possible, that would be a pretty cool video if it was our best-in-the-league player leaving us.

That said, when someone saves the Earth from a potentially life-obliterating asteroid and simultaneously discovers the cure for cancer, the video they make will be slightly less dramatic than this one.

Deleted member 78215

Has Suarez said anything about Liverpool since leaving? No love-letter? I imagine Liverpool fans are more upset that he didn't dedicate a perfectly scanned poem upon leaving, than his actual leaving.

An Irish Red

It annoys me when they come out with that 'every genius is a bit mental' carry on. There's so many examples that prove how stupid that is. Messi and Ronaldo are current examples in football then you have the likes of Steven Hendry, Muhammed Ali, Pele, Cruijff, Di Stefano, Luis Ronaldo etc etc. There's far more examples where that's not the case than the other way about.

The statement is absolute nonsense.

thelemon

Liverpool got a £60m cash injection, CL football and yet they're still shopping in Asda.

Meanwhile United are finally moving out of Sainsburys and are heading to Waitrose.
Scousers shopping in ASDA does actually show a lot of ambition to be fair :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Oh, we're going to turn into Madrid aren't we? I wouldn't like the idea of a superstar every summer, it would make any success feel cheap ironically. I'd rather the occasional superstar like Mata or van Persie, not a Ronaldo or Suarez ever damn summer.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Brightonian said:
That said, when someone saves the Earth from a potentially life-obliterating asteroid and simultaneously discovers the cure for cancer, the video they make will be slightly less dramatic than this one.
:lol:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Also Rafael, Smalling, Jones and Evans have multiple PL medals.
To be fair, there are plenty of players in our squads over the years that have multiple medals that have also been shite. David May, Jonathan Greening, etc.

They may very well mock our defence when theirs is shocking but ours isn't great. We definitely need reinforcements otherwise we're gonna concede a helluva lot and also have shitloads of injuries too.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
To be fair, there are plenty of players in our squads over the years that have multiple medals that have also been shite. David May, Jonathan Greening, etc.

They may very well mock our defence when theirs is shocking but ours isn't great. We definitely need reinforcements otherwise we're gonna concede a helluva lot and also have shitloads of injuries too.
Rafael and Evans have been crucial in the league campaigns where we have been victorious though.

matherto

Rafael and Evans have been crucial in the league campaigns where we have been victorious though.
They have, but we've almost always had backups to cover for Rafael's injuries and Evans has always been partnered (more or less) with one of Ferdinand and Vidic.

Now it's very much that they're being left to sink or swim and I'm really not very confident that our current defenders can hack it over a season.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They have, but we've almost always had backups to cover for Rafael's injuries and Evans has always been partnered (more or less) with one of Ferdinand and Vidic.

Now it's very much that they're being left to sink or swim and I'm really not very confident that our current defenders can hack it over a season.
If they stay injury free then I'm not worried. But if we have to chop and change and get players back to match fitness all the time, then we don't have the squad for it.

matherto

If they stay injury free then I'm not worried. But if we have to chop and change and get players back to match fitness all the time, then we don't have the squad for it.
With their combined injury history...

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Watching them cry over our new kit deal is hilarious. Trying to pick it apart and somehow fault it is great to see.