RAWK Goes into Meltdown 2014/2015 - The "We go again" Edition

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The biggest fault i could find was Liverpool.
Oh, and the romantic tune that money can't buy quality players into a team that aren't in europe.

None of our signings are proven and recognized world class players (top bracket stuff).
Players of the top ilk will most likely get offers from big clubs with great history, good wage offers and champions league football.

That said, claiming it is impossible is daft.
Tottenham have still signed some very good players without CL football.

jaimoe

Are they seriously claiming to be Englands most successful team? I think there is one team who is above them.

I am sure America is going crazy at the prospect of Steven Gerrard coming to visit.
Actually, we are hiding our sheep at undisclosed locations. On one hand, they'll sleep better knowing Suarez is gone but with Stevie coming we're not leaving anything to chance.

Parry Gallister

Holy shit! :lol:

A couple more choice parts from that post...

So farewell Luis , I guess we all knew this day would come , but even so it still saddens,...like a doomed passionate relationship, we knew it wouldn't last...you are a wholly unique footballer , there has never been any one like you at Liverpool ( however I am not saying you are a Liddell of Kenny, oh! no, not that level of Liverpool Legend) but you are a genius and brought so much joy to us, and tested us too...we will miss the exhilaration of watching you play , we knew you were the worlds best....but it all came at a price , that tested our loyalty ,our love...

So farewell...you have you wish, but if we stayed together....but...no...not to be..so unlike 'others' lets no look back in anger and bitterness....lets remember just the good times and wish the best for each other....remember me as a good thing...cue the music..

A1X

Twenty seasons without the league title, several seasons out of the Champions League = "Liverpool are still a big club"
One poor season 12 months after winning the league title, and still making the 1/4s of the CL = "United are gone"

#RAWKlogic

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Twenty seasons without the league title, several seasons out of the Champions League = "Liverpool are still a big club"
One poor season 12 months after winning the league title, and still making the 1/4s of the CL = "United are gone"

#RAWKlogic
5 times.

Richard Cranium

#RAWKlogic
There's only been one season in the last eight we have not challenged for the title. We won 5, finished second by one point and on goal difference and then obviously Moyes. Liverpool have had 2 'challenges' in the same time.

Aporkalypse

#RAWKlogic
The previous four seasons to their glorious second place being 7th, 8th, 6th and 7th as well.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Holy shit! :lol:

A couple more choice parts from that post...
So farewell Luis , I guess we all knew this day would come , but even so it still saddens,...like a doomed passionate relationship, we knew it wouldn't last...you are a wholly unique footballer , there has never been any one like you at Liverpool ( however I am not saying you are a Liddell of Kenny, oh! no, not that level of Liverpool Legend) but you are a genius and brought so much joy to us, and tested us too...we will miss the exhilaration of watching you play , we knew you were the worlds best....but it all came at a price , that tested our loyalty ,our love...

So farewell...you have you wish, but if we stayed together....but...no...not to be..so unlike 'others' lets no look back in anger and bitterness....lets remember just the good times and wish the best for each other....remember me as a good thing...cue the music..
My god that is awful!

BorisontheRock

I love both these comments, talk about encapsulating the bitterness and delusion, RAWK just always gives you more

soxfan

• Legend
  • Opening up a transfer Can of Vorms

Re: Suarez to leave - official
« Reply #1057 on: Yesterday at 04:45:09 AM »

Quote from: Wernerred on Yesterday at 12:57:05 AM
The fact I´m not sad at all to see this genius go tells me how far this team and the club have gone.

We´ll cope without Suarez.I think more of us were upset when Moyes left United!

BorisontheRock

Kochevnik

• Legend
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Re: General Shite Chat Thread #5: Now with Potential signings. * No Suarez.
« Reply #3284 on: Today at 12:01:30 AM »

Quote from: Istanbulievable on Yesterday at 11:30:36 PM
If Reus were to leave, which there is no indication that he will be this summer, I'd imagine most of europe's top clubs will be after him. As much as I hate to admit it, we wouldn't stand a chance.
I'm honestly baffled by this kind of sentiment. There are, at most, 7 clubs that would be easily ahead of us in any theoretical player's mind when considering where to move:

Massive Clubs With a Perception/Attraction Advantage over LFC
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Clubs With Big Financial Advantage over LFC
PSG
Man City
Chelsea
Monaco

Then, there is a much bigger list of teams that might be perceived as similar to us in size and/or financial capacity for wages, etc. Manchester United, Arsenal, Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, arguably a few more. Aside from these clubs, I would think any neutral player would prefer to come to LFC over other options. If it's head to head between us, Valencia and Benfica, I would think that everything else being equal (and that's an important qualifier because very, very rarely is everything else equal - a player's wife might not like the move, we might have too many players in his position, etc), a neutral player would probably prefer to come to us.

So yes, we would lose a theoretical battle over Reus to Bayern, or Barca, or even PSG/City if any of those clubs came in for him, most likely. But there aren't as many clubs that we can't compete with as people would like to believe. I think our fans use it as an excuse sometimes, but we offer a lot: top league, top wages, massive history, incredible fanbase, one of the best and most attacking young managers in football and it's not like Liverpool is the worst city in Europe to live in, either. We may lose a battle over a player now and then to Arsenal or Dortmund, but it's hardly a foregone conclusion and in the end, it will mostly come down to the amount we offer as a fee and wages.

With the Suarez money, our finances can bear the strain of going after a top player or two. Transfers are certainly more complicated than just making the biggest offer and seeing the player in red, but we shouldn't be crying "Woe is me, we can't get anything better than a 20-year old with a lot of potential." We can get players in their pomp if we want to, and we will if we go after them. For me the reason we haven't seen a Reus or Draxler linked thus far by any reliable journos is down to our scouting staff not finding value with any of them more than it is that we don't think we could bring them in.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:03:15 AM by Kochevnik »

Clearly never looked at the financial strength, gate receipts, relative recent success of utd vs Liverpool, nor for that matter our respective transfers... What planet is this guy on

hobbers

Liverpool got a £60m cash injection, CL football and yet they're still shopping in Asda.

Meanwhile United are finally moving out of Sainsburys and are heading to Waitrose.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
Kochevnik

• Legend
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Re: General Shite Chat Thread #5: Now with Potential signings. * No Suarez.
« Reply #3284 on: Today at 12:01:30 AM »

Quote from: Istanbulievable on Yesterday at 11:30:36 PM
If Reus were to leave, which there is no indication that he will be this summer, I'd imagine most of europe's top clubs will be after him. As much as I hate to admit it, we wouldn't stand a chance.
I'm honestly baffled by this kind of sentiment. There are, at most, 7 clubs that would be easily ahead of us in any theoretical player's mind when considering where to move:

Massive Clubs With a Perception/Attraction Advantage over LFC
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich

Clubs With Big Financial Advantage over LFC
PSG
Man City
Chelsea
Monaco

Then, there is a much bigger list of teams that might be perceived as similar to us in size and/or financial capacity for wages, etc. Manchester United, Arsenal, Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, arguably a few more. Aside from these clubs, I would think any neutral player would prefer to come to LFC over other options. If it's head to head between us, Valencia and Benfica, I would think that everything else being equal (and that's an important qualifier because very, very rarely is everything else equal - a player's wife might not like the move, we might have too many players in his position, etc), a neutral player would probably prefer to come to us.

So yes, we would lose a theoretical battle over Reus to Bayern, or Barca, or even PSG/City if any of those clubs came in for him, most likely. But there aren't as many clubs that we can't compete with as people would like to believe. I think our fans use it as an excuse sometimes, but we offer a lot: top league, top wages, massive history, incredible fanbase, one of the best and most attacking young managers in football and it's not like Liverpool is the worst city in Europe to live in, either. We may lose a battle over a player now and then to Arsenal or Dortmund, but it's hardly a foregone conclusion and in the end, it will mostly come down to the amount we offer as a fee and wages.

With the Suarez money, our finances can bear the strain of going after a top player or two. Transfers are certainly more complicated than just making the biggest offer and seeing the player in red, but we shouldn't be crying "Woe is me, we can't get anything better than a 20-year old with a lot of potential." We can get players in their pomp if we want to, and we will if we go after them. For me the reason we haven't seen a Reus or Draxler linked thus far by any reliable journos is down to our scouting staff not finding value with any of them more than it is that we don't think we could bring them in.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:03:15 AM by Kochevnik »

Clearly never looked at the financial strength, gate receipts, relative recent success of utd vs Liverpool, nor for that matter our respective transfers... What planet is this guy on
He's probably one of the many Norwegian Liverpool fans that haven't been to Anfield. Liverpool as a city is a bit of a shithole. Especially around the Anfield area - boarded up windows as far as the eye can see!

Cina sucks

Whats with the noggie hate?
No Noggie hate from me mate - my cousin lives there as a matter of fact, gorgeous country. It's just a fact that a lot of RAWKites are Norwegian and haven't set foot in Liverpool before :)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No Noggie hate from me mate - my cousin lives there as a matter of fact, gorgeous country. It's just a fact that a lot of RAWKites are Norwegian and haven't set foot in Liverpool before :)
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Most Liverpool supporting noggies that i've met are rawk-quality.

Cina sucks

:lol:

They just keep on giving. Year in, year out.

Cina sucks

That defense is relegation worthy.
Do they forget that they've got Glen fecking Johnson, Skirtel, Toure etc at the back? They leaked goals for fun last season.

I don't rate our defence, I must admit - apart from Shaw and Rafael who I think are excellent but I feel we need 2 CBs. But feck me, they never look at their own side when taking the piss out of ours :lol:

Dominos

Do you feel that CB pairing is good enough to challenge for a CL spot
It's not very strong. Indeed its not top 4 quality. Even Arsenal's CB are better.
Rafael Smalling/Jones Evans Shaw

That defense is relegation worthy.
Not the first time I've read through them mocking our defence. Who wants to break the news to them that despite them having their best season in decades, and us having our worst, they conceded 50 goals last season, significantly more than we did?

Truedevil

Not the first time I've read through them mocking our defence. Who wants to break the news to them that despite them having their best season in decades, and us having our worst, they conceded 50 goals last season, significantly more than we did?
Also Rafael, Smalling, Jones and Evans have multiple PL medals.

Becknaldolencia

Absolutely disgusting amount of money, Arsenal has £35M which I thought was nuts and now they get £75M per year just from the kit... this is going to make it hard to compete when they are getting this level of financial backing.

feck You, adidas... they told us we were asking to much when we were flirting with £25M from them... feckers!
I'm loving it.

Richard Cranium

I'm loving it.
Yet they were all laughing their heads off when City won the title on goal difference in injury time after investing over £1bn in oil money, yet we receive a generous sponsorship and suddenly it's ridiculous. Their delusion really does cloud any modicum of reasonableness or logic they might otherwise have had.

Becknaldolencia

. Something isn't quite right when Chevrolet pay £50m and Adidas £75m per season each!! £125m transfer funds each season, straight revenue before even anything!
It's called global appeal, simple.