RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Precisely because City and Chelsea never allowed us to reach that level, and in turn raised the competition and excitement of the league, so now the league shits gold and every club can make big signings, while we can get the likes of Pogba. Without the outside money, United wins the title almost every year, the league isn't competitive and as consequence it isn't rich.

Yes, I care more for United than for the league, but where is the fun on winning the title each year in March which inevitably was going to happen?!

Anyway, this was my last post on this, we can continue this in some more appropriate thread if you want.
No need. I see your points, I'm just of a different opinion, and neither of us will change the others and that is perfectly fine. :)

SirAF

Ageist
I'd be happy with United winning the league 8 times in a row. It's not like we're doing a Bayern/PSG and buy the best players from our challengers all the time to make them unable to compete.
It's up to them to increase their income and get the most out of what they have to challenge, we shouldn't have to slow down just so they can have a chance.
This, 100%. I can't imagine Rosenborg fans having any complaints about winning the league umpteen times in a row :D

Red Stone

RAWK will be celebrating another three points on the Alternate Premier League table. Great result for them.

SirScholes

Yep. Our closest teams would be Arsenal and Liverpool, two teams that we can outspend by a significant margin. I want the title to be an achievement, not a routine job like it is in France or Germany. Without the oil money, it would have been exactly that.
This is stupid, if it was by a landslide every year like celtic I could see a bit of what you're saying but arsenal showed it can be done.
Lvg showed even with money its not a certainty.
Winning the league is a massive accomplishment, winning it 3 times in a row even more so because you have to have the passion for it each and every year.
Essentially you're saying you'd like to see city or Liverpool win the title instead of us every other season
I can't agree with this at all

Fener1907

Burnley just beat them 2-0 and I was really happy, but then it suddenly dawned on me... they have Klopp. God help us.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
They must be bricking it now.

Us back up where we belong and Pool competing for Europa spots.

The way it should be.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Defend poorly? Check
Dominate the ball without being clinical with it? Check
Opposition score from their few chances? Check
Opposition defend easily against our attack? Check

Every fecking season

GloryHunter07

Half time
Yeah I'm not watching that second half. Same shit different year.

Who knew that Milner wasn't a left back? Or that the midfield is still weak as piss?

Gonna be a great season.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Some RAWKite said yesterday that they aren't worried about us! Now they go and get humiliated at lowly Burnley!

Oh God, this thread will be good tonight!

montpelier

Pass pass pass shoot pass pass pass corner pass pass pass shoot repeat as nauseum. Shite!!!
A captain who isn't fit for the armband, two useless twats with fecking topknots in the team, a goalkeeper who dives like an old age pensioner.

Tarrou

Bullish sentiment comes crashing back down to earth quicker than a Stevie Me starfish

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Nothing positive to take out of that

Absolute shit from back to front, top to bottom. Shove your possession and shot stats up your arse. Completely wasted last week's good work.
Utterly pathetic, and depressingly predictable.

This is the problem with what the club has done for the past 7 years. Buy a load of players from mid table clubs, then they aren't able to perform to a standard every week, far too inconsistent leading to wild results and no momentum. And ultimately a mid table finish.

Maybe we can go to Old Trafford and beat United, but we all know the week after we'll be getting bummed by Hull. Same shite will keep happening until the strategy at the club changes, regardless of who the manager is. Owners aren't winners, and that mentality runs down through the club.
The definition of insanity is watching Liverpool season after season and expecting different results. We're stuck like this, it will never change and it will keep happening, forever and ever.

redNATION

I thought Klopp's googlypressen was going to revolutionise them; just looks like a bunch of average players running around like headless chickens, same as its been for a quarter of a century.

Nogbadthebad

The one about the captain is spot on. I've said it before, but no team with Henderson as captain is going anywhere. He couldn't lead a cub scout parade never mind a football team.

Brightonian

Maybe we can go to Old Trafford and beat United, but we all know the week after we'll be getting bummed by Hull.
I've completely lost count of the number of times I've read this on RAWK. They know it as well as we do, but still when that win against United turns up they all lose their tiny little minds.

Incidentally, anyone care to help me out by telling me what fruit or vegetable it is that Moreno and (particularly) Firmino remind me of with their daft little topknots? Can't quite put my finger on it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Boys from the black stuffed.

AndyJ1985

There's not much better than a weekend where United win and Liverpool go in to meltdown.

montpelier

...and prevent the ball from going near Mignolet. It's like Wacky Races where Dick Dastardly can never quite win a race - Mignolet can never quite make a save.

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
This is so sweet. Liverpool back down to planet Earth.

Parry Gallister

Unbelievable, if funny realism from RAWK so early in the season. how low can they go?

Re: FULL TIME Burnley 2 vs 0 Liverpool - 15:00 20/08/16 (Vokes '2, Gray '38)
« Reply #109 on: Today at 04:51:44 PM »

At least the whole "this is our year" nonsense can be knocked on the head early on...

Nothing changes. Shame on me for thinking this season would be any different.

A captain who isn't fit for the armband, two useless twats with fecking topknots in the team, a goalkeeper who dives like an old age pensioner.

And some people were happy with the squad, it's a squad worthy of Europa League football and nothing more.

Worst part is I am not even upset about this, this was always going to happen. No way does the quality of our side give us the ability to win football matches consistently, it is impossible.

On Phillipe -
Today at 04:51:30 PM
One of the most self centered performances I've seen in a long time. feck his team mates. All about how he can get the 30 yard shot away. No doubt it's everyone else's fault again.
No doubt I'll get abuse for daring to question the golden boy.

Sick and tired of the absolute garbage excuses. He has players like Firmino, Origi, and Sturridge around him. Maybe he should trust them more rather than constantly smacking it from 30 yards

Oh and please, sign a fecking left back.