RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

RetroStu

To be fair, if you go on the Official Liverpool forums, there are planty of people questioning Klopp, its just that you don't see it on Rawk because its a propaganda site.

GiddyUp

Lets assume that Johnno is a United supporter, why exactly will you go to your biggest rival's forum and then always be critical of your own club while praising that rival club. Liverpool showed that they are a 'modern football club' by showing their support through those t-shirts for Suarez during the racism saga. They let go of their club 'ethos' to accommodate someone just because he was the best they had and they were desperate for success.
George Best probably threw a length in to his 40 year old granddaughter and he's still got the hump.

klayton88

The foul that led to the penalty that Milner scored was almost identical to the one we won from the foul on Shaw last week (clipped one foot on to his other so it looked like he tripped himself). I bet their pen was a stone cold pen though. Saw tonnes of posts from RAWK saying Shaw dived.

Truedevil

The Alternative Premier League Table 2016-17

Love these threads Prof, keep up the good work mate
One of my fave threads. Looking forward to this year's instalment Prof - especially with the Reds up the top! ;-)
Get
The
feck
In!
Nice start!
Libpool libpool top of the league ( aptl )
It's on!!
One point behind title winning form. We're the better team against spurs too.

Onwards and upwards!

Red Stone

So did they in fact get their customary three alternative points for losing against Burnley, then?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Someone wrote:
"Just take a look at Arsenal or even us in the past for example, we played "exciting" football but what have we achieved? Absolute feck all. No one will remember your exciting football if you don't win shit."

And someone replied with:
"Nah, I still prefer the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich."

Yes, that's what exactly what Barca and Bayern are. Teams that don't win shit...

montpelier

After decades of study I think I have some understanding of the workings of the Alternative Premier League Table (and Graph !!). Let's just say that about 10 teams are close to being in Title Winning Form, atm.

When the graph appears - it's too early for the graph at the moment. Look at how/where the lines are heading in between the 90pt line - which is straight & the 71pt line which slopes away from the 90pt line as the season progresses. Every clubs graph line should stay between these as we go on. Unless the team is doing impossibly well or is Chelsea from last season.

Shockingly, it's not quite a completely hopeless device. But let's pretend it is, for the LOLs, :lol:. And because it's easier.

Minimalist

I was expecting pragmatic football but Mourinho has United playing pretty above average in terms of style and entertainment. Plus we have Zlatan and Pogba sauntering around the pitch for added prestige.

Guess we should aiming to dominate possession for a bit, nick a penalty with James Milner before shiteing ourselves defensively for higher TV ratings.

mav_9me

How is it useful exactly? I find it cringe worthy.
Its useful in the beginning to balance the fact that some teams might have tougher fixtures or more aways. Obviously as the season goes on and everybody plays everybody its less useful.

derace

i dont really understand how that even works. how do you get points and why? and why are they doing this?

montpelier

10 x normal levels of DREAD for Tomkins

Before the Spurs match I found myself engulfed in a pall of dread. Like most fans I get nervous before games, but this was different: this was more than the potential disappointment of losing a football match.

The build-up to the game – in my brief forays onto social media – had been about dread; indeed, ever since the defeat at Burnley there had been almost nothing but dread. The dread of Alberto Moreno costing Liverpool everything. The dread of no change from last season despite the new signings (most of whom were actually absent versus Burnley). The dread of the low net spend, even though Jürgen Klopp doesn’t want superstars but young players on the road to being elite.

And this in turn gave me a sense of dread: the dread of fans driving out a top-class manager, as they had helped to do in 2010, after a poor start to the season.

I felt the dread of a certain section of the fanbase that exists in a permanent state of anger, and how they can be hard to get away from, and the noise they make. I felt the dread...
not actually a bad article after you've picked up the idea

https://tomkinstimes.com/2016/08/dread-despair-and-must-win-insanity/

montpelier

no dread here, as talk turns to there being some revolt & insurrection in the air
The man is a genius, he is one of us and we should count our blessings every day that he is here. He can set his own targets, ta very much.
That's Jurgen he talking about, btw

but Peter the Red thinks he knows what the problem might be

There are sections of our fan base who always act like wankers.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
In fairness there's nothing wrong with the APL as long as you simply use it as a guideline and don't take it too seriously.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Someone wrote:
"Just take a look at Arsenal or even us in the past for example, we played "exciting" football but what have we achieved? Absolute feck all. No one will remember your exciting football if you don't win shit."

And someone replied with:
"Nah, I still prefer the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich."

Yes, that's what exactly what Barca and Bayern are. Teams that don't win shit...
:lol:

YzWayne

Has it even been proven in any season for the alt table?

For those of you who are new to the APLT, or those who need a reminder of the model, the APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points for the season. This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven ‘easiest’ away matches (the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season) and draw the 12 remaining away matches. I refer to these as the ‘par results’. As in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.

Red Stone

Considering the lack of pace on their team, I'd be very surprised if they beat Leicester. It will be the perfect game for Ranieri's counter-attacking style.
Do we really have a lack of pace? I get that we've got our share of slow players with Mata, Blind, Rooney, Ibra and Fellaini, but it's not like we haven't got pacier options on the bench if pace becomes crucial to win the game.

De Gea
Valencia - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw
Herrera - Pogba
Lingard - Mkhitaryan - Martial
Rashford

Is there a team in the league that can field a quicker side than that if pace was absolutely necessary? None of those players are slow by any means.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Has it even been proven in any season for the alt table?
It's not supposed to be proven. As I understand, at a very basic level it aims at taking into account the fixture list and how some teams might have tougher lists to start of with.

It's a guideline for the most part and as someone said it becomes less relevant as the season goes on.

For it to be actually useful, you probably need to add a bit more complexity to it. In it's current state, I don't think it accounts for home/away games.