RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Hoof the ball

It's not supposed to be proven. As I understand, at a very basic level it aims at taking into account the fixture list and how some teams might have tougher lists to start of with.

It's a guideline for the most part and as someone said it becomes less relevant as the season goes on.

For it to be actually useful, you probably need to add a bit more complexity to it. In it's current state, I don't think it accounts for home/away games.
These alternative tables, and the Storeytime crap too, it sounds like contrived BS to account for a teams lack of actual success. What does it even matter if someone has a more difficult beginning to the season? eventually, everyone plays the same teams. Never understood the need for people to create alt-league tables.

montpelier

Oh Gawd, not the fecking crowd GIFS again, :eek:.

Can they not have their own thread for people who ain't seen 'em at least a Million fecking times to find new things in?

(traumatised looking woman in big LFC sponsor jacket in the other GIF, is it events on the pitch or who she's surrounded by that is so unsettling for her)

Roosney

Had a lunch this week with a Liverpool fan and he said he'd rather had them getting Sissoko than the €110m "Flopga". Asked why? Well, Sissoko performed better in the Euros. Ok.
Enough with the imaginary friend jokes

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
The fact that Rafa stuck with Newcastle even after relegation, only reinforces my complete respect for him and speaks volumes about the sort of man he is.
Any snaps of the great one around Liverpool? I remember someone in the Rafa at Madrid thread, saying they high fived him while walking his dog in the park on the last August break.

spwd

It just pisses me off when I get up and see there are new posts in here. I am expecting a laugh, but it is just crap discussion.
Pisses me off no end and just after your posts, the fecking muppets below:mad::mad:

Summing up their transfers in:

Mane - Excellent
Wijnaldum - Can be competent under Klopp tbf.
Karius - ?
Klavan - Not a top 4 quality CB
Matip - Not a top 4 quality CB
Gjuric - Very good prospect for the future

All in all, they have a threatening enough attack but still a terribly average midfield and back 4 (bar Clyne). Genuinely reckon they wont finish above 6th.
I was afraid with Klopp they would be bringing in real quality players like Götze who would make their squad stronger but players like Wijnaldum and Klavan are making me forget Rodgers is no longer their manager. The only good player they signed is Mané (Karius undecided), but even he's horribly overrated especially on the caf.
Take this shit to the other thread ffs!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Pisses me off no end and just after your posts, the fecking muppets below:mad::mad:

Take this shit to the other thread ffs!
I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Well feck off and support united who will make nice shiny new expensive signings every window then. Because Jurgen Klopp builds things. And building things by developing his own players and players he feels can be developed. That philosophy you are saying will cost us is the exact one Jurgen Klopp will use during his time here.
So that's why they didn't sign anyone decent. It's not a lack of money or not being an attractive club anymore.

EyeInTheSky

Had a lunch this week with a Liverpool fan and he said he'd rather had them getting Sissoko than the €110m "Flopga". Asked why? Well, Sissoko performed better in the Euros. Ok.
Enough with the imaginary friend jokes

oh yeah? Well, I was having dinner with Dalglish and Fowler the other night and they said that Liverpool are shite and bitter about United... Wait, I don't think I'm doing this right?

bpet15

Just seen this in a transfer article.

"The past two years, Liverpool have spent around £100 million on Southampton players but have earned one fewer league point than the Saints over that period (123 versus 122)."

:lol::lol::lol:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That Gif is so funny. Between the headless guy, the heavy guy and the Stephen King lookalike. It always cheers me up.

clarkydaz

Just seen this in a transfer article.

"The past two years, Liverpool have spent around £100 million on Southampton players but have earned one fewer league point than the Saints over that period (123 versus 122)."

:lol::lol::lol:
Pogba seems like more of a steal each day

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aye my pool supporting mate just sent a "net spend" graphic to our whatsapp group again. Obviously they're second bottom, only Soton doing "better"!

Interestingly I quickly searched their transfer activity and only Ibe and Allen were sold for disclosed amounts. So not sure how that graphic has Liverpool at a positive spend of £15m.

But yeah, top 4 of the net spend league. Get in!

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Aye my pool supporting mate just sent a "net spend" graphic to our whatsapp group again. Obviously they're second bottom, only Soton doing "better"!

Interestingly I quickly searched their transfer activity and only Ibe and Allen were sold for disclosed amounts. So not sure how that graphic has Liverpool at a positive spend of £15m.

But yeah, top 4 of the net spend league. Get in!
Its our year!

eggwithsideburns

Its funny how you do spot something new each time in the gif, I had never noticed the guy to the very left that looks like he turns around to leave.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
It doesn't favour any team. Essentially it assumes that you need to win all the home matches, 7 easiest away matches and draw the remaining ones in order to get 90 points which are enough for the title.

For example, if you defeat Sunderland you get 0 points but if you lose against them you get -3 points. If you draw against City at home you get -1 point but if you defeat them away you get 2 points, etc etc.

Somehow interesting, maybe a bit useful and definitely not biased which means that Liverpool don't win it.
I was on about the other version that was doing the rounds

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The fat guy with the chin - certainly a candidate for a new meme.

When the club you supported all your life threw away a league title chance,

But all you can think about, "Taco Bell is open till 2am."

sallycinnamin

Its funny how you do spot something new each time in the gif, I had never noticed the guy to the very left that looks like he turns around to leave.
For me it's the guy with the head the size of a basketball and the delayed reaction from the lad with the Ronnie Corbett glasses. Also the way two of them bow their heads and another one joins in. Paul Scholes lookalike to the left thrown in for good measure.

eggwithsideburns

For me it's the guy with the head the size of a basketball and the delayed reaction from the lad with the Ronnie Corbett glasses. Also the way two of them bow their heads and another one joins in. Paul Scholes lookalike to the left thrown in for good measure.
:lol: Oh basketball head is the best, you cant miss him. He takes centre stage.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
The gut in top right corner who after about 10 seconds goes back in to his hovel slowly.