RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

podurban2

Didn't waste too much energy tonight. Saving themselves for the Utd game.
Coutinho got a good 30 minutes under his belt. Let's go on Sunday.
Guys, in case you believed otherwise, they actually won tonight. All part of Klopp's master plan.

Brightonian

Sorry to be a pessimist, but I fear one of those Hyypia/Masch sending off games. We aren't getting any decisions, Yernited getting away with murder, they in good form, us utterly dreadful.
Add up the fouls on Tadic that went unpunished today, and they might as well have stood in a circle around him kicking him to death. Not to mention the mystifying lack of a yellow for Lucas' unabashedly body-checking Romeu after getting rinsed.

Omar Little

Add up the fouls on Tadic that went unpunished today, and they might as well have stood in a circle around him kicking him to death. Not to mention the mystifying lack of a yellow for Lucas' unabashedly body-checking Romeu after getting rinsed.
:lol:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Classic mental defection tactics. Can't face the fact that their unbeatable Klopp led side might not be as good as they thought, so it'll be all the ref's fault if they lose.

Toad

What's the bets this poster is Michael Owen?

"1-0 to them feels like a victory after that." (after the Southampton defeat)

The BlackGaijin

I remembered some pundit saying that his teams are normally tired by the second half of the season because of the high press. If this is true in Germany even with the winter break, then these poor games will happen more.

Carolina Red

Staff
Poor fellas with their tiny squad of gimps worth feck all.
RAWK said:
The pressure is on them now. Mourinho will make sure that his side are considered plucky little underdogs, but they are the team in form, at home and have a team worth hundreds of millions. We have a slightly disjointed squad through injuries and with Mane away, are in a small slump and look tired.

lewwoo

Poor fellas with their tiny squad of gimps worth feck all.
Excuses already starting. Classic rawk tactics. Paint themselves as the massive underdog against us so if they win they can blow it all out of proportion and have a week long circle jerk and if they lose they gave it their best shot and were always expected too anyway.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
On Henderson:
We need him back badly. Our current issues lie no deeper than simply missing personnel.

Creativity suddenly missing? Also missing Coutinho and Mané.

Pressing suddenly non existent? Missing Henderson

Sigh. Just venting. Been reading a lot of overreaction on Liverpool forums. Probably should have posted this there to be honest.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
They've had six offside goals in their last four home games and goodness knows how many reds given incorrectly/not given. It's hardly tin foil hat stuff to suggest officials have had influence for them recently.
infamy infamy

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
We need him back badly. Our current issues lie no deeper than simply missing personnel.

Creativity suddenly missing? Also missing Coutinho and Mané.

Pressing suddenly non existent? Missing Henderson

Sigh. Just venting. Been reading a lot of overreaction on Liverpool forums. Probably should have posted this there to be honest.
This is the first full season Klopp ever had with a team without winter break. And your squad, while looking good, drops of quite dramatically in quality past first 11-12 players. Don't you think the style he has you playing will catch up with you (if it's not catching up already)? He does have a history of his teams looking tired later in the season...even with winter break.

GaryLifo

Really dont remember when did that happen the last time.
January 2002? I think was one example. We were challenging for the title and they were at that stage below us in the table. We missed several chances and were the better side over 90 minutes but still lost to a very late Danny Murphy goal. Those three points got them right back into the top 4 race and they eventually finished above us for the first time in many years.

In 2004 we lost to them 0-1 to a Murphy penalty, but neither side was doing well at that time.

Ban

January 2002? I think was one example. We were challenging for the title and they were at that stage below us in the table. We missed several chances and were the better side over 90 minutes but still lost to a very late Danny Murphy goal. Those three points got them right back into the top 4 race and they eventually finished above us for the first time in many years.

In 2004 we lost to them 0-1 to a Murphy penalty, but neither side was doing well at that time.
That was really long, long time ago..

GaryLifo

That was really long, long time ago..
I know. That was what I was trying to highlight even though I didn't specifically say so.

The usual result at OT in the premier league era is a win for United without conceding. In my head at least there's been a lot of 1-0 or 2-0 United wins.

Brightonian

Pretty much any one of that run of games when Torres supposedly 'terrorised' Vidic (overstated, but still). They were consistently the underdogs then and somehow they kept beating us. That was the period where they really built their reputation for winning a high-profile game then throwing it away by losing against some relegation candidate the week after.

Then more recently the inverse has been true, we've been struggling for a few seasons but manage to keep getting the results against them. Part of Van Gaal's knack of beating the top sides even when we weren't getting other results.

Ban

Yeah in recent times we had good results vs them regardless of our form, especially at OT.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
2011 at Anfield they'd drawn against Wigan then lost the game before us then beat us easily 3-1. We were confident going into it whilst leading the table comfortably.

2009 at Anfield they'd lost to Chelsea, lost to Sunderland and then beat us 2-0. I can clearly remember people saying we were gonna beat them easily after beating them to the title the year before and we lost.