RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
De Gea
Valencia Matip Bailly Milner
Carrick
Ander------Pogba
Mane Ibrahimovic Lallana
De Gea doesn't need any explanation. Valencia/Clyne and Henderson/Carrick are tough ones imo, you could make arguments for both but I went with Valencia since United's defense is a lot better than ours, and with Henderson because he's a lot more mobile than Carrick. I think Matip is better than Jones and Rojo, and was impressed with Bailly before he got injured (also seen quite a bit from him at Villareal). Milner at LB is an obvious choice although I think Shaw has that spot locked up for the next ten years if he ever regains his match fitness and pre-injury form.

Pogba and Lallana are no-brainers in midfield for me, both have been amongst the best in the league at their positions. Ibra is obvious, so is Coutinho imo although I can't fault a United fan for picking Martial. Last very difficult choice is Mane or Mkhitaryan, again you could make a case for either one. Mane edges it by far based on this season alone but if you look at Mkhitaryan's performances at Dortmund, he should be in there if he can get to that level in the Premier League as well.

Hard to disagree with that team, would make a few changes though. Due to the offensive nature of Pogba and Henderson's limited positional understanding I would add Herrera in to compensate defensively, and then put Lallana in ahead of Coutinho who I really don't fancy all that much (not sure how Lallana would fare on LW though, but he needs to be in there.) Herrera is so underrated by most fans it is nearing early Carrick levels.

For me it is a toss-up. If you want to keep Henderson as the #6 then you'll need Herrera, if you agree on Carrick being the #6 (like I would) then Lallana can step in midfield for A.Herrera and it then becomes a toss-up between Coutinho and Martial\Mkhi for LW, I would probably go for Coutinho based on performances this season, but somehow I suspect that Mkhi will prove us wrong come the end of the season.

Even though Matip really hasn't performed better than Jones or Rojo this season I will leave him in there simply due to him keeping his composure with the absolute catastrophies he has been doubled up with.

Mane is okay due to being a mainstay in your team and performing well through the whole season. Probably the one I would snap from your team if we had a free pick.

As a disclaimer I must add that based on known abillity alone that team would be quite different though, Mkhi would be in there and Martial would be in there. But based on this season alone Lallana and Mane edges it. Your team is very much better than the individual cogs this season. The guy that I feel gains the most from this is Lallana which really doesn't have all that much abillity, and I suspect the revitalized Lallana we've seen this season is very much a product of system and form.

Can't argue with his actual performances though, and he should be a slot-in for most combined XI's.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I would consider Souness a top pundit, but that team is just stupid.
Why the feck would you consider Souness a top pundit? i look at his managerial record alone to say that despite playing at the top level the man knows very little about football.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
For Fecks sake. This is the piss take thread. Take your discussion elsewhere you bunch of tawts.

spwd

For Fecks sake. This is the piss take thread. Take your discussion elsewhere you bunch of tawts.

I remember a great thread where we used to laugh and take the piss out of RAWK, whatever happened to that thread?

Sorry but these arseholes need thread banning @Damien

Carolina Red

Staff
Realistic RAWKite said:
Their squad is fecking good.

I think they lack pace at times but a ridiculous amount of players.
Normal RAWKite in response said:
Also this commentary on Jose talking about the fans...
Pretty much a Delia Smith-esque "lets be avin You" shout to their fans to make some noise.

Smacks at desperation, which indicates a fear of us. They need everything they've got. We just need 2,000 scousers.
We. Are. Scared.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
You can argue about several positions, but for me, Henderson and Lovren gets nowhere near a combined eleven.

Might be because I have a huge dislike of Henderson's face and so I cannot fairly rate his actual football ability

Andy_Cole

De Gea
Valencia Matip Bailly Milner
Henderson
Lallana------Pogba
Mane Ibrahimovic Coutinho
De Gea doesn't need any explanation. Valencia/Clyne and Henderson/Carrick are tough ones imo, you could make arguments for both but I went with Valencia since United's defense is a lot better than ours, and with Henderson because he's a lot more mobile than Carrick. I think Matip is better than Jones and Rojo, and was impressed with Bailly before he got injured (also seen quite a bit from him at Villareal). Milner at LB is an obvious choice although I think Shaw has that spot locked up for the next ten years if he ever regains his match fitness and pre-injury form.

Pogba and Lallana are no-brainers in midfield for me, both have been amongst the best in the league at their positions. Ibra is obvious, so is Coutinho imo although I can't fault a United fan for picking Martial. Last very difficult choice is Mane or Mkhitaryan, again you could make a case for either one. Mane edges it by far based on this season alone but if you look at Mkhitaryan's performances at Dortmund, he should be in there if he can get to that level in the Premier League as well.
I wonder how long it'll take before marukomu comes in to say we need to cut out the discussions in here.
That's the most balanced combined team I've seen from a Liverpool fan.

I get there'll be biased, for example in the above team I'll have Carrick instead of Henderson, perhaps Mane for Mata or Mki (however that's on ability, but Mane wins on this season's form), but it's not hard to get to that team. Souness's team was a joke.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
"Also, if we win we go 8 points ahead of them and make it really difficult for them to get Top 4. It's a massive opportunity for us to dent their season massively.

A lot of people are being a bunch of fa***** in this thread. We probably aren't going to go there and walk away with an easy 3-0 win. On the other hand, we have nothing to fear. Someone talking of a postponement being favourable. feck me! We are 2nd in the league. We should go there without fear.

Also can people feck off with this shite form thing. We've drawn against Sunderland (less than 48 hours after playing City), our U23s drew in the FA Cup and we got beat by Southampton. Before that we won 4 on the bounce including Everton away and City at home. In reality the 1st team have had one poor game and that was on Wednesday night. But according to some 'Jurgen needs to sort it out'. Once Coutinho, Matip and Henderson are fit we'll be a much better proposition. For what those players add and the ability to get Lallana back in midfield etc..

Our fans are the biggest bunch of crying c*nts going. We have the smallest hint of poor form and people are pissing their pants about playing United. We lose one player in Mane and people are desperate for us to sign anyone. Loads of you where the same in the summer. Crying about Milner at left back. Crying about Henderson as DM. Crying about Wijnaldum for 25M. Crying that Top4 was out of reach when we lost at Burnley. Basically being crying twats all the time. Know it all crying arse twats who think they know more than the manager.

Fast forward 5 months we are bang in the title race and in the SF of a domestic cup.So stop the feckkng cry arsing about everything when something goes slightly wrong. Get behind the team, trust Klopp knows more than you and let's twat these c*nts from down the M62.

Come on RedMen!"
- Poster on RAWK

Really good post to be fair, don't normally visit Rawk, but this guy lifted my spirits. He's right you know?

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
Yeah I always have a bad feeling ahead of these games.

But let's be honest though:

- Our GK is better
- Our defence is better
- Our midfield is better
- The attacks are about on par IMO, names and actual quality we edge it, but cohesion and output they edge it

We are a better side, plain and simple. The table might not show it but remember we have a new manager, were damaged goods and had a freak run of results. IMO the last two months are more representative of the respective teams strengths, and I can't stop the feeling that they've already peaked with their current squad, while we are still to get there.

Barring tactical feckups by our manager we edge it, simply because we'll put forth a better 11 than they will do. But as we all know form and the relatively small gaps in quality all goes out the window in matches like these, and I wouldn't put a bet on either of us.
You stop it! No more of this sensible discussion in the Rawk thread!:D
Holy crap, no Pogba or Mkhitaryan and not a single United defender, I think it's fair to say Souness is a joke.
Lay of sourness, he did a great job as their manager:lol:

Cantona_Forever

"Also, if we win we go 8 points ahead of them and make it really difficult for them to get Top 4. It's a massive opportunity for us to dent their season massively.

A lot of people are being a bunch of fa***** in this thread. We probably aren't going to go there and walk away with an easy 3-0 win. On the other hand, we have nothing to fear. Someone talking of a postponement being favourable. feck me! We are 2nd in the league. We should go there without fear.

Also can people feck off with this shite form thing. We've drawn against Sunderland (less than 48 hours after playing City), our U23s drew in the FA Cup and we got beat by Southampton. Before that we won 4 on the bounce including Everton away and City at home. In reality the 1st team have had one poor game and that was on Wednesday night. But according to some 'Jurgen needs to sort it out'. Once Coutinho, Matip and Henderson are fit we'll be a much better proposition. For what those players add and the ability to get Lallana back in midfield etc..

Our fans are the biggest bunch of crying c*nts going. We have the smallest hint of poor form and people are pissing their pants about playing United. We lose one player in Mane and people are desperate for us to sign anyone. Loads of you where the same in the summer. Crying about Milner at left back. Crying about Henderson as DM. Crying about Wijnaldum for 25M. Crying that Top4 was out of reach when we lost at Burnley. Basically being crying twats all the time. Know it all crying arse twats who think they know more than the manager.

Fast forward 5 months we are bang in the title race and in the SF of a domestic cup.So stop the feckkng cry arsing about everything when something goes slightly wrong. Get behind the team, trust Klopp knows more than you and let's twat these c*nts from down the M62.

Come on RedMen!"
- Poster on RAWK

Really good post to be fair, don't normally visit Rawk, but this guy lifted my spirits. He's right you know?
Wow! Super duper fan with balls as big as a mountain. I wonder where he was this past 10 years when Liverpool virtually won nothing? Was he always pumping his chest this hard? :lol::lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No way on earth Henderson gets in ahead of Carrick, he hasn't lost a game when he's played this season. And no one on this earth is going to convince me that Clyne is better than Valencia, the guy is an absolute fraud, comfortably worse than Walker for England and streets away from being considered as the best RB in the league.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Yeah, it's totally legit. This guy, one of Sky's foremost 'experts', hasn't picked a single United defender. Or Pogba. He should've just gone fully bonzo and picked Karius over De Gea.
He's probably still convinced his anti-Pogba rants earlier this season are 100% correct.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Quite. They're a fecking joke of a fanbase (mostly), they have WUMs on here posing as United fans (critique Pool hard enough, and you'll suddenly see a few 'United fans' take issue with you), and...

in that clip is Harry Potter slyly picking his nose and then eating it...!?

spwd

Quite. They're a fecking joke of a fanbase (mostly), they have WUMs on here posing as United fans (critique Pool hard enough, and you'll suddenly see a few 'United fans' take issue with you), and...

in that clip is Harry Potter slyly picking his nose and then eating it...!?
Eww well spotted :nono:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
If they win they are two points behind us. How did that happen in a team with Fellaini in it?
Well, as someone on a previous page alluded to, several offside goals being allowed to stand, and their players being allowed to stay on the pitch after making shithouse tackles whilst the opposition get players sent off for comparatively little has helped them considerably.
Would be great to beat them with an offside goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But a proper offside goal, none of this 1 or 2 yard, difficult decision shite. 5-10 yards, only player in the box levels.
Something akin to Drogba's that sealed Chelsea's title at old trafford. Now that was a bitch of a goal.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Rawk forum has North Korea levels of censorship. I'm actually amazed that they close a match thread midway the game because they are down 1-0. That's pathetic tbh.

AshfordLad

Do they still have some one on the posting as jonno white duty? I need to see some of his gems.

Mihai

But a proper offside goal, none of this 1 or 2 yard, difficult decision shite. 5-10 yards, only player in the box levels.
Imagine the gold quotes in rawk, bluemoon and arsenalmania threads:drool:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
You cannot discuss football, you can only agree with positive posts.
Sounds fun.

Phil Jones Face

I think they might be the only footballing forum on the internet that doesn't allow during-play match discussion amongst their members. Instead, they only allow a running commentary thread where a few vetted members of the stasi post positive, one liners about the match action.

Vanrouge

Come on RedMen!"
- Poster on RAWK

Why do they all talk like they're King Theoden rallying the Riders of Rohan?

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Why do they all talk like they're King Theoden rallying the Riders of Rohan?
Yeah, he went a bit OTT with the swearing, guess its just frustration. But the message he was trying to get across I admire

Peanut Butter

I think they might be the only footballing forum on the internet that doesn't allow during-play match discussion amongst their members. Instead, they only allow a running commentary thread where a few vetted members of the stasi post positive, one liners about the match action.
It's truly bizarre but RAWK is now infamous for being akin to North Korea and every football forum (even other LFC ones) across the land knows it and laughs at them.

You cannot critisicise Liverpool players or managers (unless it's Hodgson) on there - it's a propaganda machine. I am sure the RAWK mods think that Liverpool players read it and will have sleepless nights if they read that Emre Can is actually shite.

It's a loony bin. Poetry and email petitions are always welcome as is the terrible and cringe worthy attempt at Shakespearean content.

It's great fun.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
They closed the game thread against Southampton on Wednesday midway the match apparently.

They closed the Karius thread after his disastrous game against Bournemouth and haven't opened it since.

I mean seriously, imagine if this forum was ran like that.

Redcafe would have gone into hibernation from December 2015 to February 2016.