RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Bruce

Do Liverpool fans actually think Gerard is a better option than Klopp? Please make that dream come true. It would be an absolute car crash.
I know a few Liverpool fans and to a man they don't want klopp to go and certainly don't want Gerrard to take over next albeit they want to see him manage Liverpool one day after he proves himself at another premier league side.

Kaos

If Klopp left there would be calls for Gerrard to get it as an interim boss.
Let's hope he gets it, goes on a bit of a run with them and they offer him the gig full time. Then the whole league could ironically sing 'Stevie's at the wheel!' every game :drool:

lysglimt

Scout
Thought this comment was a bit funny;

"Come back Maine all is forgiven."

Remember the Maine ?:)

LordSpud

Not RAWK but still meltdown related. #FSGOUT trending on Twitter. They are on about banners and protests at games. God imagine if they get rid of their owners before the Glazers go and some Saudi lot take them over...

Varun

Staff
Deleted some posts. Please remember this is a thread for RAWK posts not to discuss their team etc

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Virgil honestly looked like he was cruising not to get injured before the world cup, compare that to Andy who as per went in full blooded to every tackle and ran himself into the ground despite also going to the world cup.
Wales are going not Scotland.
Bunch of game raising twats.
Us, not them.
Wouldn't surprise me if we beat Spurs.
I fully expect us to
I'd be astonished, we are absolutely horrendous away from home
We certainly could but it would probably be more down to the ball bouncing our way that day unlike today than a real change in form.
I have no idea what type of performance we’ll see but I do fear that one of these days we will get thumped
Will be an interesting one. Both Conte and Klopp need something from the game.
Can see it being a stalemate.
Just like it wouldn't surprise me if we finish 10th , 14th or 4th
This season is a total shit show, don't be on other fan forums but I'd guess we are a complete laughing stock
Too many players prancing about like that have done it all, are un droppable
They want extra time on the ball like other teams should just roll over because we are liverpool, nearly won the lot last season
Utter Joke
We had 4 weeks off when the Queen died and nothing has changed, so I don't understand how people are expecting the world cup to turns thing around for us. The only way to fix this mess is to treat the January winter transfer window as a proper summer window and buy bunch of players.
Our Midfield gets carved open wider than Moses did with the Red Sea.
We need 19 wins from 26 games to match 4th place from last season.
Not happening
Bollox to the the gloom and doom. Quids in for a Champions League win. League's gone, injured players back in January and a bit of New Year optimism. Spew Champions League qualification, we'll canter home about 8th. Hendo will lift big ears in the Attaturk and announce his retirement the same night. That’s how we qualify for the CL next year. But then again............
Been drinking the good stuff tonight mate? Can't blame ya.
Just PM me what you’re drinking, whatever it is I need it
The Napoli game doesn't matter that much since we are already qualified.
Yes it does, we want to top the group so we go for this as unlikely as a four goal win is. We have done it before and if we do it might just bevthe boost we need
You are mad.

The players are physically fecked, Klopp as admitted as much, and you want us to go all out for that game?
Then again, a good kicking might force FSG to whip out the cheque book.
Either way, it’s completely unrealistic to think we can beat Napoli by 4. They are a fantastic side right now.
Reckon Napoli have a shot at winning the CL this year? Might put a cheeky tenner on it.
If they carry this form till after the World Cup break they might have a chance you know.
Champions League Knockouts begins in late February though. So who knows what the landscape will be like by then.
Never imagined that Fulham will be above us at any time in the season!
Must have missed the first game of the season, when they were well on top of us for much of it.
But I'm getting a bit tired of people worrying "oh I hope Jurgen doesn't walk away".
If he demands FSG spend a few quid, then they will.
The fact that we haven't spent, along with a lot of the other shit that's gone down this season, can also be laid at Klopp’s door in my opinion.
He'll stay to sort it because that's the kind of man he is, but also because he knows he's partially culpable.
People need to understand a simple fact, if Klopp speaks out against the owners there is only one winner - and it won’t be klopp.
Owners have money and power, they don’t like to be told what to do, they won’t want a manager who isn’t on “their” side.
Why did Fergie defend the Glazers when he was manager despite all the protests from the fans? Because he knew that himself- you fight against the money men and it’s typically game over.
Use your brain folks, what Klopp says externally isn’t what he is always thinking internally.
Totally get that - calling out FSG publicly just gets press talking about crisis etc
BUT - if Jurgen wasnt aligned with the budget he wouldn't have signed the extension - so I dont buy into fact that he is locked into this hellish situation where his hands are tied and he has no way out
He had a way out - he choose to extend, because he is in agreement with the plan
We just dont know what the plan is yet !!
My final thought for the night is the season starts after World Cup
Because I think it’s pretty clear what’s going on
You don’t get out run by so big a distance for no reason
Do you think our players are gassed, tired or lack of fitness?
Salah alone has been played almost every - single - game... Bloody hell.
They can't be that shit or lack of motivation, mate... :'( :'(
Yes, because we are the only team with players going to the world cup.
Luckily a lot are not going haha. If I was turn coat I would leave Hendo & TAA at home. Salah/Konate/Robertson/Kostas even Fabinho all probably not going.
We are finished. Unless we have some big changes from FSG and Klopp's mentality
Tonight was the 12th time in the last 16 league games Liverpool have gone 1-0 down. On five of those occasions they’ve conceded within the first four minutes.
The old legs tiring towards the end of the game is inevitable but this just points to a lack of attitude and mentality.
Is it too early for our version of the “green and gold” protests until the owners buy some players?
Shall we wave Everton’s eviction notice about ?

Kinky Melinky

So one of my best mates who is a Pool fan is utterly convinced that United are shite and that Liverpool are simply suffering from "burn out." (but not shite) The logic that comes from denial is something truly profound.

dinostar77

Liverpool's current plight shows fergie's greatest strength as a manager and how difficult it is to replicate. Knowing when to break up a team amd stay ultra competative. When a end of a cycle has been reached. When complancency kicks in and the hunger and desire is gone.

Kinky Melinky

Had this exact same conversation on Friday :lol:
Nuts isn't it? And they genuinely believe it too! I suppose we have the advantage of having accepted the dross we had become over a period of time. You get to a point where you know you're shite. Liverpool have been improving immensely since circa 2013 and have gotten used to largely being a threat. It's the start of the grieving process for a lot of Liverpool fans, and illogical denial comes with the turf.

Chief123

Liverpool's current plight shows fergie's greatest strength as a manager and how difficult it is to replicate. Knowing when to break up a team amd stay ultra competative. When a end of a cycle has been reached. When complancency kicks in and the hunger and desire is gone.
Yes exactly. Most people don’t realise how hard it must be to keep motivating the same players who’ve already won and achieved everything to keep going with the same level of effort and energy.

A key part of that for Fergie was constantly refreshing the squad with a couple of big signings. I don’t think Liverpool have done that enough.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yes exactly. Most people don’t realise how hard it must be to keep motivating the same players who’ve already won and achieved everything to keep going with the same level of effort and energy.

A key part of that for Fergie was constantly refreshing the squad with a couple of big signings. I don’t think Liverpool have done that enough.
That and ensuring the quality and mindset was regularly coming through the youth system. With the exception of TAA, they've not produced anyone of note yet under Klopp and have been reliant on an over-performing transfer policy which looks to be less successful than it has been in recent years.

LordSpud

I agree. Actually his squad usage and redevelopment has been questionable at best. I looked back at the CL final squad fron 2018 - 7 of the starting XI from that match played last night too (6 started, Milner came on as a sub). None of the bench are still at the club. So I feel he has neglected the midfield and to an extent the bench to just keep pumping in attackers. He had signed Fabinho and Thiago, fair enough great players but somewhat aging and with a question mark about Thiago's fitness and injury record. But then attacking wise: Minamino, Jota, Diaz, Carvalho... Its like he only had intent on keeping the front 3 fresh when ironically, he let his best man go in Mane, stuck Salah on a silly contract which pretty much ensures he stays at the club even on his inevitable decline (an error Manchester United were always making) and Firmino comes back into the mix looking undroppable.

Edited for somehow forgetting spunking 100m on the Andy Carroll regen.

dinostar77

Fergie got that wrong at times i.e big signings. However rather than big signings id say signings with the right hunger and desire. Its not easy to do otherwise lots of other managers would have done it.

crossy1686

career ending
Not RAWK but still meltdown related. #FSGOUT trending on Twitter. They are on about banners and protests at games. God imagine if they get rid of their owners before the Glazers go and some Saudi lot take them over...
And I remember a certain Souness and the rest of the Liverpool mob saying that United were only protesting because we were not successful anymore.

Oh how the turntables.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It was poetic that they won their one league title during lockdown. Beautiful that they couldn't celebrate it.

brian017

It was poetic that they won their one league title during lockdown. Beautiful that they couldn't celebrate it.
No fans in the next season either so they couldn’t sing “Championes” or “Stand up for the Champions“ or bring giant inflatable PL trophies to OT. If they HAD to win it, it was the perfect way to win it for us :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s not healthy allowing supporting a football team to impact your mental/physical health like that imo. People should take a break from it if it’s impacting them that much, or find ways to reduce that impact.
Admittedly I actually had to take a break from United last season, when football is such a big part of your life/identity it can be downright depressing when things are going so poorly.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It’s not healthy allowing supporting a football team to impact your mental/physical health like that imo. People should take a break from it if it’s impacting them that much, or find ways to reduce that impact.
Agreed, I was much more emotionally invested when I was younger but really at the end of the day, it's just a game, I learnt to enjoy it even during the bad times United are going through because honestly I don't think I can handle more negativity in my life.

Judas

Open to offers
Sometimes I feel people act over dramatic about how much football impacts them to seem like bigger fans, to make it out that they care more. Or they just need to turn it off for a bit, because that's not normal, healthy or the way for a rational person to react to entertainment.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Admittedly I actually had to take a break from United last season, when football is such a big part of your life/identity it can be downright depressing when things are going so poorly.
Just keep an outlook that teams go through cycles, and ours ended and will come back again sooner or later, no need to get depressed over it.

FriedClams

The absolute state of that lot over there complaining about FSG. I thought they were the net spend heroes of the world. When everything goes well those clowns at RAWK make out like they are the best in the world at everything… Allison best GK in the world, VVD best defender of all time, Thiago the best midfielder who scored the best goal of all time, salah the current best player in the world… such a painful bunch of feckwits the lot of them… now that things are going bad, blame it on the owners. Twats.

Judas

Open to offers
I also expect these are new Liverpool fans. Because this "bad" period is still a lot more joyous and wonderful than the majority of the last 20 odd years before Klopp.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Hi, is this rawk thread?
Anyway... Today's Match day thread:
Arsenal - Notts Forest
and we lost to this fecking Nottingham
This Arsenal team are a lot hungrier
A truly abysmal side getting the beating they deserve.
You could see by their mad reactions last week that they knew it was their big day
I'm staying away from social media until the world cup. I honestly can't stand the embarrassment that we lost to this shite Forest team
Yeah yeah arsenal this, aresnal that.. everyone looks good vs this wrteched Forest side
The irony is well hidden here if it exists
It’ll be the same with Leeds next week
Ben White looks a very decent right back, moving him out of the centre has worked out really well for them.
Arsenal really rubbing it in with that result.
Forest must wish they could play us every week. Reverted to type today.
Manchester United - WHU

United with no CL football Get Casemiro, but we can only get Arthur Melo. Sad times
Buying a 30 year old midfielder for £60m isn't how we get out of this mess.
Rice has looked distinctly average.
I just don't see the hype. I would be absolutely livid if we spunked 100 mill on this lad
Look at how easy Utd have it in keeping the ball in midfield. No press.
WHU is a set piece and counter attacking team. Rice is suited to that type of approach
Rice is better than anyone in our midfield not named Thiago, and even then he's probably a better fit for a Klopp midfield, stylistically.
But no one on here wants us to spend £100m on him, that would be insanity.
Ducking hell. How the hell can you say that? He plays in a team that rarely presses and allows opposition teams to have possession. Look at how easy Utd have it in midfield.
If anything, he is exactly the opposite type of player
It's amazing how much of a fuss Neville makes about a ball going over the bar
Typical of the little favours they get, wasn't even close to going out yet stops a big counter attack
Mac-wire really is shite. Inhope he goes to the WC
Such a dull game this even with all the extra help they get.
Utd are getting better at keeping the ball.
The commentators bigging up Rice again. Obviously
Utd are dominating midfield.
WHU are terrible to be honest. Their midfield is conceding space for Utd to pass through.
60 percent possession for Utd.
That goal was inevitable.
Tyler is buzzing, great neutral commentary as ever
He was buzzing when they fired it miles over the bar, never mind when they manage to put it in the net.
I miss the days when Rashford was noticably shit at challenging for headers.
Is that Davie Moyes losing away at a big club yet again? Fixtures may as well be scrapped from the calendar
Lolol
How did we lose to WHU? They are wank.
Good header but lets look at the West Ham CB imagine of Trent defended like him.
No mention on Sky just he works with Ronaldo in training blah blah
What is with modern defenders not jumping for the ball - that lad just gave Rashford a free header - don't get it
WHU don't have a midfield.
I doubt Moyes has asked them to allow Utd CMs to play passing triangles nesr their box.
He's 100% told them to sit on the edge of their box when Utd have the ball. He does it every time. I know you're desperate to prove this is all because Rice isn't a good midfielder, but it's the manager's fault, he has a track record of doing exactly this with his teams away at top sides.
Rice is overrated
Hallefeckinglujah
If a Liverpool player had made that challenge, it would be a card at the very least.
English managers are favored by refs.
We don’t make tackles though
At last Antonio on to play against the little fella at the back
Amazing how Eriksen is still good. The man comeback from death and he still turned around his career.
Eriksen is a fantastic player unfortunately. It’s a shame who he plays for.
He’s been very good for them and is still a great player. Was a bit unsure how he would come back after his health issues, but he’s been fantastic. Unfortunately he’s been a great signing for them.
Mancs were shite. Outplayed but solid defensively unfortunately.
West Ham extremely unlucky not to get something from that at the end.
How did DDG not get man of the match. Crazy saves
Rice is great, imagine him and Bellingham in our midfield along with Thiago *hides*
Rice was absolutely superb. He’d be fantastic for us.
"We won it three times without killing anyone " (feck knows why as we aren't playing ) getting a loud airing and of course Mr Morals Gary Neville doesn't say a word ...I'm sure if the Munich song started up again at Anfield it would and so be rightly be called out every time . But that's the difference it would be called out
I know it’s said on repeat about the bias commentary but I’ve not heard much worse than today. It’s 100% MUTV. Almost always commenting on Manc players whether it’s a defensive or attacking situation. To be expected as I say but hard to not have it on mute.
I had to turn off 5 Live after half an hour with Chris Waddle and Jon Murray. Murray shits himself with excitement every time theres a cross, and Waddle just kept going on about how Utd were doing everything right, and bad passes were ok because the idea was good idea and how they're going places. Awful altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.