RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDontMessWith24

1 CL and 1 FA cup. They didnt win the league in the year where even Ballon Dor was canceled. Everyone knew the league should have been canceled but there was too much money involved in it and the media loved the good old story about how something rise from the ashes, as unfair as it might be.
It comes off as extremely bitter and disingenuous (and a bit RAWKish) to try to take away from Liverpool's league win that season. They started the season 25-1-1 and they 100% earned that league title.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It comes off as extremely bitter and disingenuous (and a bit RAWKish) to try to take away from Liverpool's league win that season. They started the season 25-1-1 and they 100% earned that league title.
I'm beginning to wonder if that particular league title is my all time favourite now. The Scott Tenorman tears associated with it is hella sweet. :D :angel:

UDontMessWith24

I'm beginning to wonder if that particular league title is my all time favourite now. The Scott Tenorman tears associated with it is hella sweet. :D :angel:
I don't remember too much disgruntlement over that, even after Covid. We knew Liverpool would win the league before the stoppage even happened, so by the time they actually secured the title mathematically it was old news for opposing fans.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Indeed. There's no need to try and suggest they didn't win the league fairly. It's hilarious enough that it stopped literally just before they mathematically sealed it ensuring they had to lift it over Zoom with no fans in the stadium.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I don't remember too much disgruntlement over that, even after Covid. We knew Liverpool would win the league before the stoppage even happened, so by the time they actually secured the title mathematically it was old news for opposing fans.
You should have been on Redcafe daily during that time. And even now.

U99ted

Indeed. There's no need to try and suggest they didn't win the league fairly. It's hilarious enough that it stopped literally just before they mathematically sealed it ensuring they had to lift it over Zoom with no fans in the stadium.
Exactly, they won it the one year they weren’t allowed a bus parade or real fanfare.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Exactly, they won it the one year they weren’t allowed a bus parade or real fanfare.
Well which bus company would let them use a bus given their track record with them

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The scouse title win should come with an asterisk next to it whenever mentioned.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The scouse title win should come with an asterisk next to it whenever mentioned.
It shouldn’t to be honest. They were streets clear in March before the league paused (although they were starting to show signs their form was dipping alarmingly right around the stoppage) and deserved their league victory. But I won’t lie, it gives me immense satisfaction knowing there was no fecker inside Anfield to celebrate their first league title in 30+ years when the league resumed. How absolutely brilliant is that?! :drool:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It always amazes me how little responsibility Liverpool (as a club and a fanbase) actually take for Heysel.
It always amazes me that we're okay with using such an event to taunt rival fans as well though. Hardly angels in that respect, doubly so given our own tragic history gets used against us by the likes of City and Leeds.

All fans should be better than that.

KGBhoy

This is RAWK thread. Can you not go discuss Liverpool club in the appropriate thread? I come here for the laughs!

I’m loving my life

Yeah asterisks are an integral part of the laughter.

Those and also mocking them for their fan fiction, meltdowns and poetry,

Drizzle

It always amazes me how little responsibility Liverpool (as a club and a fanbase) actually take for Heysel.
Aided by the media. It's an uncomfortable footnote because it doesn't fit the desired narrative, so it's acknowledged but glossed over.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
How old are you? You've seen other Liverpool title wins?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It cant be RAWKish because they will never take away from a Liverpool win. You on the other hand seems to be a double agent. What are you hiding!!?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
No, but in true Dipper style they still managed to have a dust up between their own fans outside the stadium and also set fires to buildings in their own city.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It shouldn’t to be honest. They were streets clear in March before the league paused (although they were starting to show signs their form was dipping alarmingly right around the stoppage) and deserved their league victory. But I won’t lie, it gives me immense satisfaction knowing there was no fecker inside Anfield to celebrate their first league title in 30+ years when the league resumed. How absolutely brilliant is that?! :drool:
Indeed.

And also, as stupid as it may be (and it really is), it also gives me some satisfaction that the "asterisk" point will be made for years to come.

(To be clear - the point itself is utterly idiotic when made in earnest, of course they deserved to win that title.)

stevoc

Common sense and an aversion to cringy nonsense
To be fair there are few things you can do on here more cringy than defending Liverpool. And trying to apply common sense to taking the piss out of Liverpool in the thread specifically for that pass time.

stevoc

Indeed.

And also, as stupid as it may be (and it really is), it also gives me some satisfaction that the "asterisk" point will be made for years to come.

(To be clear - the point itself is utterly idiotic when made in earnest, of course they deserved to win that title.)
It is but it does seem to annoy the scousers, ensuring it will continue to be mentioned.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It is but it does seem to annoy the scousers, ensuring it will continue to be mentioned.
Yes. In fact (not that I would in any way encourage this), I can see the "asterisk" never going away. Perhaps growing bigger, as it were, with time. To the point of it being consensus - outside of Scouse circles - that they never actually won it.

I mean, that would be horribly wrong, of course.

But it could happen.

stevoc

Yes. In fact (not that I would in any way encourage this), I can see the "asterisk" never going away. Perhaps growing bigger, as it were, with time. To the point of it being consensus - outside of Scouse circles - that they never actually won it.

But it could happen.
That's the hope mate.

Hopefully it gets to the point that whenever a scouser mentions Liverpool winning the league in 2020. Someone in the room instinctively replies, ''Well...''.

Withnail

But it could happen.
That would be terrible :lol:

UDontMessWith24

To be fair there are few things you can do on here more cringy than defending Liverpool. And trying to apply common sense to taking the piss out of Liverpool in the thread specifically for that pass time.
In a year when there’s no shortage of reality based things to take the piss out of?

stevoc

In a year when there’s no shortage of reality based things to take the piss out of?
You don't seem to understand this thread mate. There should be no limits to taking the piss out of the scousers.

If you're not in here to take the piss out of Liverpool and/or their fans, then you're in the wrong thread.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
It always amazes me that we're okay with using such an event to taunt rival fans as well though. Hardly angels in that respect, doubly so given our own tragic history gets used against us by the likes of City and Leeds.

All fans should be better than that.
He wasn't taunting them. And he's right, they do absolutely ignore Heysel and as a club take no responsibility for the comments made by Smith in the aftermath nor do they really ever want to say much about it except that it was the coppers fault. I don't think its an issue to points score on per se because it was the actions of individuals who were found criminally liable in a court of law - its not Liverpool FC's fault they behaved that way - but stuff like Smith's comments in the aftermath they never apologised for and very much want to just forget about, so I understand the anger Juventus fans hold towards the club.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He wasn't taunting them. And he's right, they do absolutely ignore Heysel and as a club take no responsibility for the comments made by Smith in the aftermath nor do they really ever want to say much about it except that it was the coppers fault. I don't think its an issue to points score on per se because it was the actions of individuals who were found criminally liable in a court of law - its not Liverpool FC's fault they behaved that way - but stuff like Smith's comments in the aftermath they never apologised for and very much want to just forget about, so I understand the anger Juventus fans hold towards the club.
Martin Lawrenson talks about this and says it was the fans fault I believe.

Witchking

Feck off the lot of you, fecking ruining this fecking thread with your fecking discussions. Feck off.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Treasure it, because that could well be your lot for the foreseeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.