RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 101269

Their fall is quite amusing; their denial is like watching lemmings jump off a cliff, all self-induced

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Look like what we are. Mid table fodder. Nice to get a clean sheet I guess.
Oh well ladies and gents at least we have Brighton up next……..
Two mid table bald men fighting over a comb.
A clean sheet and a point are decent. Just shows our level atm
A point closer to safety
Woefully predictable performances and the outcome both sides deserved.

Looks like we’ll need to stomach another 4 months of the same, if this is our level now.
Oh well let's hope Everton cheer us up
Wanted a win

but taking a draw with this scum is often enough

It ain't a capitulation, it isn't a trashing.

it isn't a loss.

it's steadying the ship. I'll take it

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I feel like when Liverpool have a clear issue - such as Trent not being able to defend, Nunez not being able to shoot or Gakpo not doing...anything - their fans and especially RAWKites get so over-the-top defensive about the issue and pretend it's completely farcical to suggest that maybe TAA is an issue in defence. Here we are years later though and he continues to get exploited by opposition after opposition :D :D

The Hacker

They don’t sound very angry. Just very dejected or worse still, accepting of it. They were more fun pre Klopp.

kundalini

I feel like when Liverpool have a clear issue - such as Trent not being able to defend, Nunez not being able to shoot or Gakpo not doing...anything - their fans and especially RAWKites get so over-the-top defensive about the issue and pretend it's completely farcical to suggest that maybe TAA is an issue in defence. Here we are years later though and he continues to get exploited by opposition after opposition :D :D
I've not read RAWK for 5+ years but back when I did, I got the impression that they were generally supportive of managers and players up until the point when it was clear there was a long term issue and not a short term loss of form etc. It's the complete opposite of here, where there is a crazy enthusiasm for change, a fundamental misunderstanding about the success rate of transfers and a general contempt for much of the first team squad. RAWK is too supportive, while Redcafe barely supports the current set of players.

The worship Ten Hag gets on here reminds me of the faith RAWK had in Rafa Benitez back when I regularly read the forum.

Last edited:

Kingofwinners

I would be worried for them, if I wasn’t enjoying the fall so much. Klopp was always on the edge a bit with the theatrics, worked as a motivational tool when things were going well but now it’s making them sloppy.

I remember Neville explaining the last five minutes approach of Ferguson when we were behind, it was all about increasing the pace but keeping shape, composure etc. Liverpool at their best were a bit like this but now they just look ragged, giving out, complaining, rash tackles etc. It’s a good bit of a rebuild to sort that out and hard to see it happening unless Klopp calms down a bit - hopefully he doesnt!

manclad1256

To be fair in 2023:

City won't have won a PL in 1 year
Liverpool won't have won a PL in 3 years
Chelsea won't have won a PL in 6 years
Utd won't have won the PL in 10 years :cool:
(David Wicks was in EastEnders, fyi :p )
In the decade of 2010s man united 2 premier leagues, liverpool their only one since 1990. That sounds better tbh

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
To be fair in 2023:

City won't have won a PL in 1 year
Liverpool won't have won a PL in 3 years
Chelsea won't have won a PL in 6 years
Utd won't have won the PL in 10 years :cool:
(David Wicks was in EastEnders, fyi :p )
Liverpool have won 1 PL title in 30 years, Man Utd have won 13 PL titles in 30 years.

crossy1686

career ending
Gakpo:
Random thought:
He reminds me of Joelinton.
Of course, totally unjustified conclusion to draw from 4 games.

But even if he does play like Joey Linton, I am ok, so long as we use him properly.
3/4 games in and it's clear he'll never make it here, still time in the window to cut our losses.
Quite why we felt we needed to sign him but not a decent midfielder is still a mystery, but that's not his fault.
Not looking good but early days yet. Teams been shite in all which hasnt help
Good players lift their team up, they don't wallow in the shit with the garbage. If you're saying he'll only play well once the team is better well then why didn't we buy players to make the team better first?
He made 13 passes, completing 10 of them. Doesn't scream to me "linked up well" but more stood around hoping the ball would come to him so he could shoot on site but what do I know....
He's not a bad player but based on everything I've seen he's a bad style fit.
Doesn't strike me as a Klopp style starter.
If everyone is fit you'd expect him to be 5th choice. That said we never have everyone fit.
Seems a very very strange transfer especially when you consider the state of midfield.
If you look at the best forwards we've had under Klopp they're fast, press, dynamic. He's none of those things.
I’m more than happy to put it down to joining at a difficult time and having to fill in gaps, but I would be lying if I said that I’d seen anything from him up to now that would make me understand why we’ve chosen to sign him.
I've watched Gakpo for 4 hours and all I'm seeing is Origi mixed with Dele Alli
I said before we signed him that I wasn't a fan
Replacing free Origi with 40mil more expensive Origi, just doesn't make any sense to me
Origi had some pace though.

I don't think we will ever see an out ball down the wing for Gakpo to go chase.
4th game.
Mudryk looked more dangerous for Chelsea in half an hour than Gakpo in his 4 appearances.
In the 10 games I watched pre liverpool i was laughing at talk of united paying €50m for him . Then we signed him . I didn't rate him at all . I didn't want him .
Buying Dutch players nowadays from the Eredivsie is bad business because the league is poor and slow.
He didn't impress me playing in the World Cup and the fact he seems to lack pace.
There’s just something about him that reminds me of the kind of signings Manchester United were making between 2014 and 2021. Not sure what it is.
I questioned the signing at the time. I didn't see anything about him that made me think he was LFC standard.
Glad to see sanity as ever on here.

Ngog shouts, jesus christ.
watching Mudryk for 10 minutes you could exactly what he offers.
He was quick. He can beat people. He was passing into midfield and spinning in behind.
He missed a few chances but you could see immediately what he's about and what he offers.
I've watched Gakpo amble about up front for 4 hours and I haven't a fecking clue what he's meant to be good at.
So the comparison with Mudryk is a combat to those saying "give him time" as if somehow after 10 games he'll develop 5 extra yards of pace or start pressing.
Price is irrelevant.

I've seen more in Ben Doak in 15 minutes than I've seen in Gakpo in 4 hours.
This interaction:
So when he controlled the Nunez pass spun and got his shot off in one movement you didn't think this lad has got something.
Well, no not really

He could have buried it into the bottom right hand corner but instead he passed it back to their keeper.
He's a professional footballer whose just been bought for 40+ million quid .... you'd expect him to be able to do things with a football
On the basis solely of yesterday mudryk looked far more like a klopp era Liverpool forward that gakpo to me. But time will tell I guess.
Got to say, I agree with all these, I was worried about us signing him because I've not seen anything but averageness, even at the WC.

crossy1686

career ending
Post Chelsea
Do people honestly in their heart believe we can go from that Brighton game, possibly the worst lfc game I’ve seen in over a decade, to what we were last season ?

I mean there’s impatience and then there’s just stupidity
Can't be arsed going into detail about the game - a complete non-event with each team trying to convince everyone that they are in fact the shittest. In the end, neither could even win at that.
I know it’s an age old argument, but Mane was someone who set the tone for us and I wish we could have held onto him, even if it meant Mo walking because his contract couldn’t be attractive as it is.
Regarding the "rent boys" chant
The announcement during the 1st half was annoying as feck. He must have gone on about 2 minutes, completely sucking the atmosphere out of the crowd. Then he brought it up at half time aswell. Felt like being back at school.
No one's allowed to complain, ever. On RAWK or at the ground, welcome to Liverpool 1984:
Absolute shite game, nearly froze to death and some absolute whopper having his first game at Anfield did NOT stop loudly moaning at absolutely everything all match, doing everyone's collective heads in around him.
Well done to anyone who stayed awake for the full game. Great effort.
That was fecking dire.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
99% sure I heard the 'Murderers' chant very briefly after he came on.

romufc

I love the hypocrisy from Liverpool fans. When they were winning and challenging, apparently their business model was the best, the way they done transfers was the right way, all that nonsense.

United fans only protesting because they are not winning, all the good stuff.

Fast forward 6 months, every Liverpool fan has FSG out on their lips. Clearly was luck, rather than the best business model.

crossy1686

career ending
Not RAWK but is there a more obsessed scummy set of fans out there? How low do you have to be to make shite like this up….

I love that despite United being 2-0 up Liverpool fans were still watching in the 73rd minute when Neco Williams came on to the pitch. Even I can't be arsed watching some United games to that extent, let alone Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.