RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Bold move from Klopp going for a team with an average age of 68
Good news at least no Martin Tyler on commentary.
7 Good period of possession ends with a throw in after a Robertson cross, should have been a foul on Gakpo
Replay showed that was studs up, halfway up the shin. Never mind the foul, where's the card?!
Messed up planning. Out celebrating 19th anniversary with mrs. Yc.

Win for us lads!
I suggest you drink far too much….
When are we ever going to see proper punishment for badgering refs?
Never in one of our games
23 Now a free kick to Palace and Keita gets a yellow card. It's a good delivery and Palace should have got it on target at least.
A feckin yellow card for that?!?!?!?! What a twat of a ref. So, almost breaking someone's leg, almost taking out someone's eye, these are okay, but tug a shirt? Yellow card? Twat.
Keita booked for literally nothing
If Crystal Palace played anything like Madrid did, we'd be 5 down already.
Harsh I think ….most if their chances have come from us in the first place!
Heard it all now. Don Goodman just announced Fabinho gives away the most technical fouls of any player he's ever seen. Clearly never seen Fernandinho or Rodri play
They are so blind to what the Manchester teams do on a regular basis.
90+2 free kick for Palace.. near the corner flag…..a yellow card, but it was only a borderline foul… silly refing

It goes through everyone, it’s pumped back in and Matip heads it behind…

Behind again..

The whistle blows.

FT 0-0

Dour…. But we didn’t lose, and sometimes you have to accept that

No Idea For Nickname

Glad I watched that. Cracking game.
Worst game of the season between two shit sides. Nice one lads.
Well least we didn't lose, bout the only positive from the game.
That was bleak. You'd struggle to find a team in this league in worse form than Palace and we still couldn't beat them.

What little confidence we had rebuilt before Madrid has been completely shattered. It's going to be a long 3 months until the end of the season.
It's a clean sheet I guess
This team is very bad.
Yawnsville

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brighton (a) 3-0
Wolves (a) 1-0
Chelsea (h) 0-0
Brighton (a) 2-1
Wolves (a) 3-0

Everton (h) 2-0
Newcastle (a) 0-2

Madrid (h) 2-5
Palace (a) 0-0
United (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Madrid (a)
Fulham (h)
City (a)
Arsenal (h)

4 games into that brutal run and 1-1-3.

The Everton game which was the only one I had as a certain 3 points now looks a lot tougher.
Updated…

3-2-4

Played 9, scored 8, conceded 13.

Still got some brutal fixtures on the way.

No Idea For Nickname

Phew. I’ll take that. Defended fine but our passing through the thirds was dreadful.
We haven't got a clue really, have we?
The same patterns of play over and over again, with the opposition having a counter attack every 2 minutes when we inevitably lose the ball.
feck me. That was a painful watch. WTF has happened to us?
We won the yellow cards!
That was like watching 2 middle aged fellas who've just got home from a pub session try and remember how to play a game of FIFA.
Yes! A point.
Guess we take a point. Didn't do enough overall but created some decent openings, just gotta keep fighting for now
Awful game of football. Fabinho's cameo was hilarious, just kicked everyone near him.
Only one side trying to win that game. And the fact that Palace are so angry it was blown up tells you everything.

fecking pathetic. Sell every single one of them.
Pathetic stuff. But you knew that was coming when the line up was announced.
Beat Wolves and Utd and 7 from 9 is a good haul but there's very little chance of that happening. We'll struggle to break Wolves 11 men at the back down and Utd will just ping passes to Rashford who'll be through on goal every time.
Well, we are 1 point closer to safety.

Does feel a bit like a season ended performance though, like it just doesn't matter anymore. We needed to bounce back for this, and we didn't. Doesn't feel like there's going to be anything on for this year now.
Absolutely disgusting performance from an bang average mid table joke of a team
A game everyone will forget ever took place once we wake up tomorrow. Bored to death
Good result. Any game we we don't lose is a good result as we don't have a midfield.
Nice of Palace to play another friendly with us. Good warm up for the competitive match in midweek.
Poor game but not the worst result. Unbeaten in 3 and 3 clean sheets in a row, will take that.
Absolute dross that, so so bad. Zero confidence, no one wants to take any responsibility and no physicality in the team.

Rock bottom again, we so need Nunez and Diaz adding back into the team soon
Hanging on against Palace. Decline seems terminal, not sure how anyone fixes this.
Oh and don't make the mistake I did of going on Twitter during a game.

Bunch of fecking children calling for Klopp to be sacked. Frighteningly most of them seemed to be from Liverpool as well
That was a hard watch to be honest... I still somehow think we will get fourth , and beat madrid 0-4 Believe :lol:
Absolute turd of a game that....
tumescent stuff, don't deserve a point for that
On a positive note, Everton lost and back in the relegation zone!
One more game closer to the end of the season.

The team is awful. We are back where we started.
Fell asleep second half. Did I miss anything?
Shit, got a point

3rd clean sheet on trot
We’re not better than this. Europa League would actually be a big success and more than we deserve. Wtf happened
We need a fecking exorcism.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Let’s hope we can destroy them. Never been a better time!
I’d have thought so too but the West Ham game is a real fly in the ointment. Imagine if we win tomorrow and had a week to celebrate the win, bring the buzz into training for the week and hit that mob with our confidence soaring next weekend? It would’ve been perfect. The West Ham game is giving me the heebie-jeebies for some reason… :nervous:

P.S. This discussion is for another thread, by the way.

No Idea For Nickname

Woeful mentality. I'd be embarrassed to show up to work with the attitude of certain players who earn more in a week than I do in a year. Awww, you're a widdle tired, huh? I haven't had a good night's sleep or restful day in 7 years!
Had a feeling the CL game stuffed our confidence, energy and spirit right up. Absolute shambles of a sesaon, barely anything left to look forward to now until the next. hmm ..

Clean sheet is nice thou, will admit!
The all conquering United drew at Palace

We were hendos head away from a 0-1 victory after a bad European outing and changed line up

Stop fecking going on and get behind the team. fecking boring
Just so incredibly mediocre. What on earth happened to this team?
Can't believe I dedicated my Saturday night to that :D
The night is young, its not even 10 yet!
(Mind you i have my slippers on!)
Not worth a wank
What do we do in training? Nothing seems to change. Why not change the formation? Bring Carvalho back in? Play someone else at RB as well, because Trent is pissing me off.
Its not the worst, 5/6 clean sheets.
At least our defence is doing ok.
Everton, 10 man Newcastle, Palace, Chelsea….none of these teams can score…
Let’s wait until next Sunday.
Some absolutely woeful Liverpool teams have got something out of the United game though. At the very least I want us to look like we care.
We will win.
Dreading it honestly
Its gonna get real ugly next sunday!
Yeh Fernandes is turning up.
You can already picture the exact way they're going to get Rashford in behind Trent multiple times. Hopefully Ibou is ready, this game can be weird for a massive underdog getting a home result so suppose you never know. A point today is ok if we actually go and win these two home games, just don't see how we can though.
Who knows. Mid-90s Liverpool beat United at home on a few occasions. Klopp’s Liverpool still hold a real threat at Anfield. Predicting a United win at this stage is possibly overdoing it.
Palace away is a tough place to go.
We could have been a few goals down at HT but we improved in the second half. We have to take baby steps by improving our performances first because we can't go from 0-100.
I don't think it is though. They're one of the poorest teams in the league at the moment.
How did the mighty Man Utd get on there ?
Jesus Christ it wasn't that bad, a point away against a gnarly Palace side after an absolute pumping in midweek by Madrid.

The lads battled, shit to watch but a point in the bag. Get a win against Wolves and we are 3 points behind Spuds for 4th place. Get a fecking grip boys.
Providing Spurs lose to Chelsea tomorrow.
Michael Olise would be a good signing for us I reckon
I wouldn't wantt the diving little shithouse to be honest. Proper moaning twat as well.
6 points off 4th with a game in hand isn't a terrible position given how bad we've been.
I agree….and we may go on a run once we get a few players back especially as it’s going to be 1 game a week.
That’s why I want Spurs to remain in Europe and the FA cup.
Stop worrying. Wasn't it obvious? Saving ourselves for the Bernabeu.

No Idea For Nickname

Not the end of the season, but it sure does pull the end much nearer. United at Anfield has to be 3 points or this season is bust.
Our fans make me laugh
I'd bite your hand off for a point in that game right now
That is what our fans were saying before the City game. Luckily Klopp didn't take their advice or we would be two points worse off.
Fulham ahead of us in the league. fecking Fulham. Games in hand or not that is one hell of a drop off. We’ve fallen off a cliff.

mu4c_20le

The Arthur thread keeps getting bumped. God they are getting desperate aren't they

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
They are so blind to what the Manchester teams do on a regular basis
Ah of course, their team is failing miserably, so naturally bring Man United into it and have a go at them

Chairman Steve

Liverpool always fecking turn up against us at Anfield, and it doesn’t matter if we’re three in a row Treble winners and they’re bottom of League 2.

We went 3-0 up at Anfield in the first 25 minutes 30 years ago, and then out of nowhere Nigel Clough turned into Maradona and scored two.

I’m calling it 1-0 to them with that classic Allison hoof down field for Salah to chase and score, just like they did City this season.

Giggsy13

Liverpool always fecking turn up against us at Anfield, and it doesn’t matter if we’re three in a row Treble winners and they’re bottom of League 2.

We went 3-0 up at Anfield in the first 25 minutes 30 years ago, and then out of nowhere Nigel Clough turned into Maradona and scored two.

I’m calling it 1-0 to them with that classic Allison hoof down field for Salah to chase and score, just like they did City this season.
This is a sound point but this is the scouse piss take thread! Reasoned debate should go elsewhere!

arthurka

We will be their final. The whole place will be up and ready to make this a game that counts. Probably lose the game before and after.

mu4c_20le

Well he definitely can't fix it unless the budget reflects reality. We won't compete again under Klopp unless we spend some serious money this summer. There's too many teams around us spending vast sums and we've grown old and weak in midfield and everyone knows it. FSG either back him or they might as well stop wasting his time.
I don’t see this being sorted quickly if at all. We all knew where the problems were yet nothing was done to address the biggest problems.

The owners used the smokescreen of the “sale” as an excuse not to strengthen the squad and nothing has changed. They want some fresh money to come in but there’s no reason to think that it will be used for any reason other than to pocket it.

We’ll get excuse after excuse and then one or two transfers that we don’t really need and somebody on loan with an injury record.

We don’t have many options to sell to raise transfer funds…..maybe Salah is the only one, maybe Alisson or VVD.

Sorry to say, we have a world class manager who is treading water with a mid-table squad and owners with a mid-table attitude.
Never ceases to amaze me that they think they haven't spent any money.

No Idea For Nickname

Crazy as it sounds, the table shows we are still in the hunt for a top4 finish.

That was an important away point. Another PL clean sheet and brings a bit of stability.

We can build on this. May not seem like it now.
Season is over. Summer cannot come quick enough.

Milner, Bobby, Keita, Jones, Gomez, Matip, Fabinho, Carvalho, Ox all need to go and they all need replacing.

There's talk that Tsimikas is off in the summer - when you cant get a game 3 days after Robbo gave the ball away SIXTEEN times against Real Madrid, you know you don't have a future here.

The likes of Trent, Robbo, VVD, Salah, Hendo, Thiago should be steadily replaced by summer 2025.

FSG better be ready to put their hand in their pocket because this summer is going to be an expensive one. If they're not prepared to do it, then we better get used to being absolutely bang average for a while to come.
No Darwin. No party
Darwin was hooked up on horse tranquilisers to play against Madrid hence not playing today.
I think I read one post where someone suggested Klopp should be sacked, and a few more suggesting he might quit. That's it, out of the million or so posts analysing our malaise.

I find it ironically insulting when people act as though Jurgen bears no responsibility for our current state, because it implies that he's just been passenger for the last 7 years.

Personally I think Jurgen has done a poor job this season, but I trust him to bounce back like he did after the 20/21 debacle. I don't consider this an unreasonable or disloyal stance, and I'm sure Jurgen isn't happy with his performance and isn't moping about blaming everyone but himself.
Please explain what Klopp has done that has been poor this season.
Assuming you are asking in earnest, we can start with the fact that after last year's exertions, he put the squad through an ultra intensive pre season that left the team looking like it was playing in concrete boots for the first few months of the season. Then, after a six week pause where nearly all the team was free of playing duties, a time when we all thought we'd get to hit the reset button, we somehow managed to come back looking even slower and bereft of ideas. Then consider that we have one of the worst (or the worst, I forget) records for Big chances conceded, showing that we haven't managed to address our obvious flaws like we did in the year of the Rhysnat, and it's hard to argue that the manager is not having a stinker of a season. And please don't tell me it's the fitness team's fault, or the assistant coaches' fault for bad tactics; the buck stops with the manager.
The thing is we didn't look that great last season until Diaz came in and sparked us into action. Or you could look at the effect Casemiro has had at United. Top players improve everyone with their enthusiasm, attitude, quality and attitude.
What we need is a spark at the moment.
It's not just Casemiro. They dropped Maguire, moved on Ronaldo who was poison to that team, They also hired a good manager instead of 2 no other Premier League side would touch.

Last year we'd got to a cup final, destroyed our Champions League group and were an 80+ team in the league. The idea that we weren't great before he came is off
Didn’t see the game, but a 0-0 away to Palace is hardly the end of the world. Take out the Madrid game and Liverpool are showing a bit of form in the league. It’s stuttering, but you can’t expect much at the minute.
Well yeah but reading the last few pages its the end of Liverpool. The City. The World. The kebabs
I added the last bit. Missus made some home made kebabs and they were cracking. Decent enough. Can't say that now though it seems. Making people angry.

How the mighty have fallen and without a whimper.
Bleach my eyes. We were awful. Even at the basics. Simple pass. Awful.
A pretty wretched game played by two mid table teams. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded.
And unless FSG spend at least £150-£200m in the Summer, that’s all we can expect next season
Mate 150-200 million isn't fixing this with todays prices that 2 players. 3 at a push
We need an entire midfield, world class centre back , right back cover and possibly a goal scorer.
Some goals from midfield would be nice.
One signing can make a BIG difference mate. The impact of very good signings is very underrated.
Good vibes on here.
What's not to like, three PL clean sheets in a row.
We're three point turning a ferry. It's not a linear thing.

Shite game. Next!
Well….. we conceded less chances than usual #everycloud
How the hell you can score two against European champions Real fooking Madrid but struggling as pig against Crystal fooking Palace, I would never know...

Weekend ruined, sex ruined. Aaarrrrggghhh!!! I just can't believe it.

P/S: We are going to win in Madrid.
Positives
VVD played well
3rd clean sheet in a row (PL)
We could have been beaten
Seen much worse than that over the years. And a point at Palace is never bad.
I'm going to delete Madrid from my memory.
Three clean sheets on the trot.
If we could get in the Europa, or even Europa conference it'd be good for some of the kids - keep the tickets cheap.
Klopp:"This will not be the season of history - there will not be movies about it, but we have to go through it anyway."
Depressing as feck. Another season with Klopp down the drain. We are wasting so many of our years with him.

I’d love it if Klopp came out and said:
The lads are just sick of football. They have had multiple titles stolen from them in the last game of the season by a club that has just been charged with unprecedented cheating for every year since their formation in 2008.

I know I’m sick of the game, so maybe some of our players are too?
Agreed, Imagine what they must feel like - busting a gut, winning enough points that would have won the Pl in any other season easily, only to be pipped at the post by a team that cheated?

Then going to a CL final against a team that destroyed your best player deliberately the last time you met. Yes, it would make you determined to win - then, just before the game, you hear from loved ones what’s going outside the ground, the gas, the hurt, the history, the ill-judgement, the injustice.

No wonder the lads are emotionally and physically knackered. I am too.

I’m happy to give them a pass this season.

They’ll come back stronger.
I hate to admit it but for the first time I find myself wondering whether Klopp knows how to fix this...
We're in uncharted territory for him. He's never taken a team into this cycle of regeneration I don't think? This summer will be massively important and he deserves the chance. If we don't pick up next season though we will need to be asking serious questions.
"Deserves the chance", "Asking serious questions" ...
Honestly I'm speechless. After what he's done for us I can't believe the stuff some people come out with. He deserves a 10 year contract and should be backed to the absolute hilt. He's the best manager in the world and gets us. I honestly think some just take this all for granted.
You can't just have a constantly upward trajectory. We played EVERY SINGLE possible game last season. Let that sink in. And then our current rebuild was undermined by covid a couple years ago. A dip was inevitable, and this is that dip period. It just really pains me that some of our supporter base don't seem to treasure Jurgen as our manager. More than results, he's part of the fabric and soul of our club now.
When asked at the post-match media conference about his team's modest display, Klopp replied: "I see it in your eyes and in the players' eyes as well. It looks like we lost the game - we didn't.

"We've spoiled ourselves with a lot of things, but we cannot suffer because of our own history. That would really be a joke.
"This will not be the season in the history books that people want to look at again and again and again."
"There will not be big movies about it, but we have to go through it anyway."

... honestly, I love this man. He's full of wisdom and balance. We have to go through this season - there are lessons to be learned and a process to be followed. Part of the fun is the journey, and 0-0 away to Palace is part of our journey.
That was part of our journey at the time. We had to go through it.
Exactly, we will enjoy next season a lot more because of this one just like we enjoyed 21/22 more because of 20/21, like we enjoyed Allison's goal against WBA because of where we had been, just like we enjoyed beating Spurs in Madrid more because of what happened in Kiev, just like we enjoyed winning the PL in 2019/20 more because of what happened in 2018/19.
Success is framed by disappointment, if you don't get that then you think like a City fan.
This forum is a very depressing place nowadays. It's ups and downs, guys! I guess some don't understand the through the wind and rain part.
It was a decent performance all in all. We were the slightly better team in a game of lots of errors. Look, a clean sheet!
It's not. For some reason Mancs, Mancs, Mancs and Mancs have invaded it

Not that I have anything against Mancs :)

They are easy to spot to be fair. They usually have a few funny names and Slag the team off

I can't blame them, I've been a mod on RedCafe for years and the number of great real fans I've banned is hilarious :D

They think I'm great too. Who knew? Maybe I should support them?
:eek: bolded!

croadyman

Yeah then Ruddock scored equaliser

croadyman

We will be their final. The whole place will be up and ready to make this a game that counts. Probably lose the game before and after.
Yeah most hostile atmosphere that Rapha (missed game last season) Casa, Martinez & Antony have faced since signing

Status
Not open for further replies.