RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - Quadruple Watch 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Oh man I'm feeling nostalgic, scousers complaining about the refs favouring us like in the Fergie days. :drool:

Balance has been restored to football.

Kinky Melinky

It's kinda funny because my Liverpool mate was trying to claim that they live rent free in United fan's heads, but they're absolutely obsessed with us particularly this season when it's as clear as day we're better than them. They're seeing the start of a revival at OT and they're not liking it a single bit. If we keep improving this is going to be a whole lot of fun

stevoc

A Pool fan was trying to tell me we won due to a VAR goal and a lucky goal.

The deflection can be called luck yes, but how on earth does VAR checking for an offside and there not being one make it in any way something to moan about?!

Luck / or dodgy rules is that one they got with Salah offside, defender heads it, and Salah scores right after.
Because if Casemiro had been 100mm further forward than he was, the lines would have been in different places and it would have been ruled out. So we got lucky that Casemiro was in line with the defender or in other words onside.

BTG

Because if Casemiro had been 100mm further forward than he was, the lines would have been in different places and it would have been ruled out. So we got lucky that Casemiro was in line with the defender or in other words onside.
This is RAWK we are talking about.
They live and die by hypotheticals.
This is the site that popularized the therotical premier league where things like points didn't matter only expected performance so they could be top of the league.

Simple things like making sense and the rules of the game aren't allowed there.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Do you spend your afternoons in threads on games you claim you're not watching?
Made me grin.
Good not to be sportswashed. Must be horrendous to be a pool fan these days. Seems like the players have lost interest in heavy metal.

Ady87

I’ve had a bit of a read over RAWK recently, there are some really horribly aggressive posters on there. Plenty of sensible people too but the posts that standout are from your standard internet hard men and ‘top reds’. I’m not sure there is a better example of an echo chamber anywhere else on the internet.

The bit that makes me laugh is there are hundreds of posters moaning about Bruno’s attitude towards referees when a 50/50 goes the other way, but when it goes our way, they do exactly what Bruno does, just posting on an internet forum and screaming in to the void.:lol:

I’ve worked in Liverpool city centre for a long time, half my team are Anfield ST holders - RAWK is absolutely not representative of your every day Kopite.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I wouldn't be shocked if many of the vilest RAWK posters are not from Liverpool and are trying a bit too hard to show their Liverpool allegiances.

Surprised to see so many prefer us to win due to the sportswashing thing... fair play to them for that - not sure I could be the same if they were in the final against them tbh

Withnail

I wouldn't be shocked if many of the vilest RAWK posters are not from Liverpool and are trying a bit too hard to show their Liverpool allegiances.

Surprised to see so many prefer us to win due to the sportswashing thing... fair play to them for that - not sure I could be the same if they were in the final against them tbh
That's honestly the worst part about this sportswashing thing. It's truly warping fan culture. United fans should never want Liverpool to win and neither should their fans want us to win.

JimmyWils

I wouldn’t say I’m happy United won it, but I’m glad the Saudis didn’t.
And that was the best possible outcome from the game
Indeed, and of course my telly went off at the final whistle. Do I feck want to see Utd lift a trophy.
I mean if you had to pick one team to win it’s Man Utd I guess. Happy for my brother and dad.feck the sport washing project.
Newcastles 68 year trophy wait continues. But they took their tops off in cold weather again, an underrated achievement, it shows just how brave and passionate they are. Tossers.
These lines right here are the examples of the difference between the Scousers and City fans. I would never expect City fans (even if they didn't also have oil country owners) to have the capability to believe or admit that on principle, they would prefer us to win that game.

At least these guys will stomach it and state that they'd rather another team with rich football history win the cup, rather than yet another plastic oil club.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
These lines right here are the examples of the difference between the Scousers and City fans. I would never expect City fans (even if they didn't also have oil country owners) to have the capability to believe or admit that on principle, they would prefer us to win that game.

At least these guys will stomach it and state that they'd rather another team with rich football history win the cup, rather than yet another plastic oil club.
Didn't most of us want City to beat Liverpool to the title as they were just a plastic oil club and it meant nothing.

This is just scousers trying to not make themselves feel too bad.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Didn't most of us want City to beat Liverpool to the title as they were just a plastic oil club and it meant nothing.

This is just scousers trying to not make themselves feel too bad.
I'm sure a couple genuinely mean it but most of them are just trying to stick to their anti sportswashing shtick that became suddenly very important to them once it was them losing out. They all celebrated Aguero like a title win.

Lights Out

I’ve just had a quick read of the last few pages of the United thread on there and they are mental.

Dublin and Schmeichel fixed one of the draws.

We had the easiest draw ever

EtH is doing competently given that he inherited “a billion pound squad” (?!) and then spent another £250m

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
One thing you can’t knock is the Scousers being against sportswashing. They have been genuinely against it forever and have always posted against it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One thing you can’t knock is the Scousers being against sportswashing. They have been genuinely against it forever and have always posted against it.
It is irritating that their political leanings mimic mine. I find myself agreeing with them when politics are discussed. I’d rather they’d be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

InfiniteBoredom

Just give it some time and an actual concrete offer.

This forum was 65-35 against a Saudi takeover when it was mere rumours, and see it gagging for Qatar money now. And I’d say the demographics of fora like the Caf and RAWK are older and already more likely to have qualms about those issues to begin with. On popular SNS it’s all about tribalism and oneupmanship, hence the overwhelming number in favour of ME takeover.

redshaw

I do respect some of them for sticking to their principles on state ownership, I guess being pipped to the post by Abu Dhabi magnifies their situation and animosity. Plus a decade plus of cheating by Abu Dhabi.

Judging by the polls for Qatar ownership of Pool and United it does seem those against are becoming a minority. We also have nearly everyone rooting for Saudi Arabia owned vehicle against a self made club and then this hand wringing over ourselves being owned by Qatar. I get there was some criticism at the time of Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle but it's long gone now replaced with heart string stories. I can still barely believe Saudi wasn't blocked. I've been against state ownership but that was the last straw.

It's the infinite lottery win overriding 150 years of history than really grinds. Newcastle destined for the drop while other clubs around them do better to stay up then suddenly mid season they get an infinite lottery win and escape relegation and now leapfrog a whole host of clubs that have been battling hard in the top half for years.

The random lottery wins just make a mockery of it all and the cheating through selfsponsorship. People in the rest of Europe are not happy either unless it one day happens to you.

We'd hate it if Pool got bought, they'd hate if we get bought but the game and fans are changing.

Chief123

Interesting to see how you’ve managed to get in touch with every Liverpool fan around the globe and what’s even more incredibly fascinating is the fact they all unanimously agree to stand against sportswashing!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
That’s clearly nonsense. They cheered on City as if they (Liverpool) were winning the league in 2012.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
It's such absolute shite. Loads of them cheered on City peeling away from us in 2018 and 2021 too.
Yea, it is shite to be honest. I’m wondering how many Liverpool fans he’s actually spoken to and am thinking at best its 1 but most likely 0.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Yea, it is shite to be honest. I’m wondering how many Liverpool fans he’s actually spoken to and am thinking at best its 1 but most likely 0.
Not to mention how many of the guys saying they wanted Newcastle to lose are just trying to not lose face about their sportswashing proselytism. I'd bet my life savings a load of those were hoping for a Newcastle win. They can piss off. They didn't give a feck when it was us losing out.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No fan base is a monolithic entity, that much should be obvious from taking a cursory look on the qatar thread.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Difference is we don't pretend we have some mythically great fanbase who only care about the true path to footballing light like they do.
I suppose their number of cringe fans far outweighs the normal ones but still the point should stand, im sure there exist a number of rational pool fans out there somewhere no matter how small in size... at least I hope so.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I do respect some of them for sticking to their principles on state ownership, I guess being pipped to the post by Abu Dhabi magnifies their situation and animosity. Plus a decade plus of cheating by Abu Dhabi.

Judging by the polls for Qatar ownership of Pool and United it does seem those against are becoming a minority. We also have nearly everyone rooting for Saudi Arabia owned vehicle against a self made club and then this hand wringing over ourselves being owned by Qatar. I get there was some criticism at the time of Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle but it's long gone now replaced with heart string stories. I can still barely believe Saudi wasn't blocked. I've been against state ownership but that was the last straw.

It's the infinite lottery win overriding 150 years of history than really grinds. Newcastle destined for the drop while other clubs around them do better to stay up then suddenly mid season they get an infinite lottery win and escape relegation and now leapfrog a whole host of clubs that have been battling hard in the top half for years.

The random lottery wins just make a mockery of it all and the cheating through selfsponsorship. People in the rest of Europe are not happy either unless it one day happens to you.

We'd hate it if Pool got bought, they'd hate if we get bought but the game and fans are changing.
This is United, we're never going to back Liverpool unless it's a doomsday scenario.

Dominos

A Pool fan was trying to tell me we won due to a VAR goal and a lucky goal.

The deflection can be called luck yes, but how on earth does VAR checking for an offside and there not being one make it in any way something to moan about?!

Luck / or dodgy rules is that one they got with Salah offside, defender heads it, and Salah scores right after.
They were also claiming Rashford's goal against Leicester was offside despite them literally drawing the lines showing it wasn't.

Some football fans are crazy irrational with their conspiracy theories.

Rameses

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Surprisingly more than us during this game it seems
It's probably for the same reasons we do. A wee club from the North-East pretending it's one of the big boys, it's insulting to genuinely big clubs like United and Liverpool to see these geordie fans brag about how big they are when they haven't won anything for six decades.

Waynne

A 4-0 drubbing and RAWK crashing after the game would make my weekend.

Football Gods please make it happen.

Levi1

I’ve just had a quick read of the last few pages of the United thread on there and they are mental.

Dublin and Schmeichel fixed one of the draws.

We had the easiest draw ever

EtH is doing competently given that he inherited “a billion pound squad” (?!) and then spent another £250m
Isn't that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.