Renaissance Man
Scout
What is the count for current players?
First xi when everyone is fit:
20+20+50+50*+30+75+0*+80*+45+0+50

Subs=0*+80+20+50+15*+50+0+0*+90+40+0+0*

0= free transfer or loan or academy
*= ETH signing
Total=765, of which 615 was inherited. (Might have mixed up the Sancho/Antony numbers?)

Levi1

*= ETH signing
Total=765, of which 615 was inherited. (Might have mixed up the Sancho/Antony numbers?)
Nice job. So it's less than a billion, maybe a lot less. Have you included the players out on loan?

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes

*= ETH signing
Good job Bob. Cheers.

I think even that 250m spend last summer is slightly exaggerated.

Rivals always bump our numbers up anyway.

owlo

*= ETH signing
varane was 30 not 50 too I think. and you don’t have Casemiro/Antony in the 11?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
varane was 30 not 50 too I think. and you don’t have Casemiro/Antony in the 11?
You're right about Varane, 35. Was sure it was 50!

Those two are the 75 and 80, right? Forgot to put the star on casemiro, feels like he's been running the midfield forever!

But anyway the numbers should be roughly right. It's a very expensive squad but still some distance from a billion.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Those two are the 75 and 80, right? Forgot to put the star on casemiro, feels like he's been running the midfield forever!

But anyway the numbers should be roughly right. It's a very expensive squad but still some distance from a billion.
Idk why i thought you guys were sarcastically talking about players ages.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It's amazing how even with the media loving to inflate United fees, Casemiro being the latest, that the poster still managed to inflate it even more.

75m now?!

bludsucker

It's amazing how even with the media loving to inflate United fees, Casemiro being the latest, that the poster still managed to inflate it even more.

75m now?!
It was €60m for casemiro iirc. It’s funny how they seem to do that with united.

crossy1686

career ending
No fan base is a monolithic entity, that much should be obvious from taking a cursory look on the qatar thread.
Their fan base is the most self righteous without any shadow of a doubt. They love to sit around and talk about how they would react if a hypothetical situation were to happen to their club or their players, and yet we've seen time and time again with this lot that when something does genuinely happen they act like the most entrenched bunch of pricks you've ever seen. They're on par with City fans sometimes.

crossy1686

career ending
Still salty

The run they had to win the cup was the easiest I can ever remember.
Always loved the league cup, even if my first cup final in person was the Rush/Arsenal one, it’s still obviously been great for us over the years. So I’m just delighted it’s now at long last a major trophy once more. Thanks Manchester United
What the hell is that image on the front of the BBC football page, woth Ten Hag dressed a magician with wand, magicking up the League Cup
Were you surprised by anything less from the Manchester-based BBC?
The media were equally as fawning over Maureen when he won them the cup and Europa in the same season but they ridiculous hype is exactly the reason I didn't want them to win yesterday even with Newcastle being owned by the Saudis.

You wait until next season's predictions, most of the pundits will pick these to win the league!

It looks like the Glazers may be staying though as they haven't been offered enough money by either bid
Robbie Savage has said ten hag is the best manager in world football

I doubt even the most spiteful spitting redcafe posters would say that

He tries so so hard to be a United pundit and ingratiate himself. Been an Embarrasing melt since his name was first uttered in the football scene.
Have they seriously awarded Rashford that goal? How does that work? Bookies need a definitive answer as they will no doubt will have had to pay out quite a bit on Rashford as an 'anytime scorer'.
It's Man Utd.

They do get what they want.
They would know all about PEDS
Will Casemiro and Rashford's pharmacist get a winners medal.
'Lucky' Ten Hag
Thought Utd was in for another shit season after those first 2 league games but ten Hag actually knows what he's doing, Ole would have kept Ronaldo around.
Got kinda lucky that the narcissist made that interview with the other narcissist. He didn't seem to know what to do with him up to then.
Yep, have to laugh at the "handled it well" stuff, he was letting him rip the absolute piss out of the club with leaving early, refusing to come on as sub and still after all that played him and made him captain, he was weak as feck and got lucky the interview finished things.
Congratulations Manchester United on overcoming Villa, Burnley, Charlton, Forest & Newcastle on the way to EFL cup glory!

Truly back in the upper echelons of football society. We salute you!
Haha just saw the sports frontpage on BBC, they have photoshopped him as a magician delivering the league cup The beeb are so far up the mancs arses they cant see daylight
I’m quite pleased for Man Utd.

I know that will really piss them off.

To damn with feint praise - try it, it’s fun
United boom bust cycle?
Let them believe it.
This. Based on some of ETH's comments recently it seems he's starting to believe it himself.

It'll just make the inevitable crash even funnier.
I can't think of any better way of bringing them back down to earth than a nice humbling at Anfield next Sunday. Please.
It's funny how winning a "Mickey Mouse" trophy now makes you the best manager in the world . When their cross-town rivals were winning it and when we won it last season, it was seen as tin-pot.
Are Ten Haags hands even tinier than Trumps?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It is quite telling that they are still bitter & salty over 36 hours removed from the CC’s final whistle.

brian017

What are they on about? The League is and was always a major trophy. It was a major trophy when Liverpool won it last year and it still is one now that United have won it. A few bitter fans mocking it when one of the big teams win it doesn’t negate it from being a major trophy

lysglimt

Scout
They really hate the Geordies.
What I hate about Newcastle, Chelsea and City - (but Newcastle most of all) - is that they are rewarded for doing everything wrong for 20 years. Basically thats what this is about. The bigger and badly run a club is - the more chance of it getting bought by rich owners. Newcastle havent done anything right off the pitch for 25 years - and they are now rewarded by rich owners. Whereas clubs like Leicester, Brighton - who have done most things right - get another unworthy rich club to fight against!

crossy1686

career ending
A dubious winner in the 93th minute would make my weekend :)
Repeat of the penalty against Brighton that happened after the game would be absolutely amazing.

Players all head to the dressing room, get called out 5 minutes later for the penalty, most of the fans have left the stadium and hear they've actually lost the game while on the way home.

Lights Out

Isn't that correct?
No it isn’t. The fact that you’re even asking is odd.

There was recent analysis of each squad and United’s current squad is £670m and that’s including whatever EtH has spent. So he didn’t inherit a £1b squad did he?

Mr. Robot

Ah, Liverpool fans. The supporters of a club who faced the mighty Club Brugge and Borussia Mönchengladbach in their European finals.

Who remembers their League Cup final against Cardiff City under Dalglish? The one which they scraped by and had to rely on a penalty kick shootout to win it?

Their lack of self-awareness is quite something. Never change, RAWK.

Acquire Me

Ah, Liverpool fans. The supporters of a club who faced the mighty Club Brugge and Borussia Mönchengladbach in their European finals.

Who remembers their League Cup final against Cardiff City under Dalglish? The one which they scraped by and had to rely on a penalty kick shootout to win it?

Their lack of self-awareness is quite something. Never change, RAWK.
They must never change. It’s one of the threads I love the most.

The awareness is so bad :lol: They had the craziest run in last years Champions League. Just no good opponents before the finale.

RedRocket9908

Do these rival fans honestly believe that VAR is being manipulated to help us? Everytime we get a goal awarded after an offside check I see multiple comments claiming stuff like "they used a different angle to make it look onside" or "they drew the lines on wonky to make it look onside" and one person on a BBC HYS even claimed that they used some kind of CGI to move the defender forward so the picture looked like it was onside.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Repeat of the penalty against Brighton that happened after the game would be absolutely amazing.

Players all head to the dressing room, get called out 5 minutes later for the penalty, most of the fans have left the stadium and hear they've actually lost the game while on the way home.
I'm chuckling just thinking about this

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

*= ETH signing
Ddg - 17
DD - 18.5
RV - 34
LM - 47.5
LS - 29.5
CC - 60
CE - 0
BF - 51.2
A - 80
AM - 38.5
MR - 0

starting xi cost: 376.2

TH - 0
AWB - 50
VL - 32
HM - 80
TM - 14
SM - 0
FF - 47
VdB - 35.7
JS - 72.9
WW - 2.6
AG - 0.5

second xi cost: 334.7

Plus Pellestri: 7.65, Sabitzer had no loan fee, and I’m not counting anyone currently out on loan.

Total cost is 710.9. Doesn’t include any add ons because we have no way of knowing how much of those we’ve actually paid.

Given how ETH has turned that squad around, you’d only look at AWB, Maguire, Sancho, and VdB and say we grossly overpaid. Antony maybe too but he has so much time to prove he is worth the money. He looks really good already I believe. Same goes for Sancho. I think he’ll eventually end up being worth the money. At least I hope so.

Previous players who were berated include Fred and Lindelof, but Fred I personally think is the best back up #8 in the league, and in todays money, Lindelof as a reliable back up CB at 32m, is a decent transfer. As many of us knew, many of these players are much better than their first couple of years showed under previous managers.

DDG at 17m is one of the best value transfers in our history. Martinez at 47m is a fecking snip for how good he is and what he brings to the table. Shaw for 30m for what will end up being 10-15 years of service is another great deal. Varane at 34m is incredible. 51m for Bruno is brilliant in todays money. And while 60m for a 29yr old DM might seem like a lot, Casemiro is the most transformational signing in a decade.

It’s been said a lot that we spent money incredibly poorly. History may need to be revised. While we have signed some duds, we’ve also signed a lot of good players but just didn’t know how to coach them or run the club.

Last edited:

Levi1

Ddg - 17
DD - 18.5
RV - 34
LM - 47.5
LS - 29.5
CC - 60
CE - 0
BF - 51.2
A - 80
AM - 38.5
MR - 0

starting xi cost: 376.2

TH - 0
AWB - 50
VL - 32
HM - 80
TM - 14
SM - 0
FF - 47
VdB - 35.7
JS - 72.9
WW - 2.6
AG - 0.5

second xi cost: 334.7

Plus Pellestri: 7.65, Sabitzer had no loan fee, and I’m not counting anyone currently out on loan.

Total cost is 710.9. Doesn’t include any add ons because we have no way of knowing how much of those we’ve actually paid.

Given how ETH has turned that squad around, you’d only look at AWB, Maguire, Sancho, and VdB and say we grossly overpaid. Antony maybe too but he has so much time to prove he is worth the money. He looks really good already I believe. Same goes for Sancho. I think he’ll eventually end up being worth the money. At least I hope so.

Previous players who were berated include Fred and Lindelof, but Fred I personally think is the best back up #8 in the league, and in todays money, Lindelof as a reliable back up CB at 32m, is a decent transfer. As many of us knew, many of these players are much better than their first couple of years showed under previous managers.

DDG at 17m is one of the best value transfers in our history. Martinez at 47m is a fecking snip for how good he is and what he brings to the table. Shaw for 30m for what will end up being 10-15 years of service is another great deal. Varane at 34m is incredible. 51m for Bruno is brilliant in todays money. And while 60m for a 29yr old DM might seem like a lot, Casemiro is the most transformational signing in a decade.

It’s been said a lot that we spent money incredibly poorly. History may need to be revised. While we have signed some duds, we’ve also signed a lot of good players but just didn’t know how to coach them or run the club.
Some good points. Funny how a good coach can change everything.

68cob

Do these rival fans honestly believe that VAR is being manipulated to help us? Everytime we get a goal awarded after an offside check I see multiple comments claiming stuff like "they used a different angle to make it look onside" or "they drew the lines on wonky to make it look onside" and one person on a BBC HYS even claimed that they used some kind of CGI to move the defender forward so the picture looked like it was onside.
Although there are some people who want to have a conversation on the HYSs, the majority of stuff on there is garbage, and just people trying to wind rival fans up. I've developed a love/hate relationship with it this season, but am getting bored of it. I saw the comments you quoted, but wouldn't be surprised if someone else used them for another team/match, because that's all some of the posters do.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Been like this for years. Rival fans ignore stuff like the McTom trip which came at 1-0 up v Palace and numerous other things that went against us. Yet mention the goal v City, which whatever anyone thinks wasn't against the rules.

crossy1686

career ending
Getting worried now:
Unfortunately with the money they've been spending the last few years they eventually where going to find their feet again and now they have the newly self appointed best manager in the world ever they may have a chance of competing for titles in the next few years. They've never really lost the referee's and officials taking their side on and off the pitch either so that gives them an extra push in tight games and when off field events like the riot that got our game cancelled and they received no punishment at all.

Amazing the way the anti Glazer protests have died down all of a sudden
Eurgh, preferred it when these were shite.
Since November 2003 we've played them 21 times at Anfield, all competitions, and they've scored 2 in a game twice.

Quite simply, if we score 2 goals we most likely win, and almost definitely won't lose.
Are the bastards claiming credit for the Aurora Borealis, after all it did have some Red in it ?
I love this building up of Ten Haag during their new manager bounce. The higher the better. The splat at the end of it will nearly be as glorious as Ole. Nearly because nothing will top Ole for me.
The bit about it I am slightly concerned about is not their quality but their resilience. They will be tough to beat next Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.